✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China and the similarity between a song of Vietnam !?

coldplaymix

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the similarity in the intro thing is there.. but it's not 100% the same. and the 'mood' of the song is definitely not the same??

Seriously, in all objectivity, if this woman tries to sue them, she'll lose the case. There is a slight similarity, yes, but is it worth sueing the band on it? She'd be taking way too big of a risk.

And wtf is it with Coldplay and all these similarities with other songs.

Its because they're a big intentional band. They think, that's ALMOST almost like mine!! They're listening to me and copied it! Whatever. I think she's looking for some attention.

Its because they're a big intentional band. They think, that's ALMOST almost like mine!! They're listening to me and copied it! Whatever. I think she's looking for some attention.

Well of course, she wants attention, but still, I don't think it's worth losing your credibility over this, and losing a case in court, and having to pay a lot in lawyer fees.

Well of course, she wants attention, but still, I don't think it's worth losing your credibility over this, and losing a case in court, and having to pay a lot in lawyer fees.

This

Do I understand this right? She says something like: it's will try to sue them because Rihanna is in it?

I think this is a case of knowing what to look for and where to look. As Coldplay have been accused of plagirism before, their songs are scrutinized like no other. I am pretty sure that so-called "striking similiraties" could be found in a lot of popular pop songs as the hooks are usually basic chords and simple melodies. There is no doubt in my mind Coldplay did not copy this song. They have credited where credit was due all the way back from X&Y era. This will probably make some lawyers happy and someone richer, but it has nothing to do with music

Why would Coldplay big up a song, if they knowingly plagiarized? Doesn't make sense.

With Viva, Joe S. is quite famous... wouldn't make sense for coldplay to big up Viva knowing they're gonna get into shit... makes me think they're innocent on both incidents.

Erm its not like the intro isn't a mainstream arrangement.. I swear I heard it in some Disney movie. LMAO

I love how everyone tries to sue Coldplay.

and FAILS.

Well she'll get the attention alright, but in the end its just a waste of time.

Erm its not like the intro isn't a mainstream arrangement.. I swear I heard it in some Disney movie. LMAO

and FAILS.

and FAILS.

Joe Satriani didn't fail ...

well the intro is really similar, but the whole song is totally different. There are so many songs that really look alike and have the same arrangement, but this is music, there will always be songs pretty similar or a riff which reminds another song and mostly it's a coincidence.

Now it seems like that everyone has been picking on Coldplay since Joe satriani issue and I honestly think that since Coldplay is one of the greastest band in the world,it's an attempt of minor artists to take advantages and get more attention by the media.

Joe Satriani didn't fail ...

Joe satriani didn't fail, but ihe didn't even get what he wanted as I know there was a kind of agreement.

If you read the article it's only the introduction that they're citing, but it makes up the entire sound of PoC.

Even if it was done without intent there's no denying the similarity and I'm afraid she has a pretty strong case, I'd say even more so than Satriani. This will cause major problems for the band, definitely.

it seems like coldplay doesnt know how to write their own song really. Soo many songs of them are stolen....for example Life in technicolor...listen to Nirvana all apologies (acoustic), they even admited that they have plagarised Trouble from Elton John, Yellow was from a song from BUlets from my valentine( i have heard it myself) , Viva la Vida as we know also the song Paradise go to the song inyoutube and search for the very first coments somebody left a link of the original song and that oooooo part is all stolen see it urself and now this damn Princese of china come on where iS THE ORIGINALITY...i am so dissapointed

P.S and there were other songs that are literally stolen by our band :( but i dont like tho think about it cause at the moment i cant remember

Not only that, they're really into their music. They take it seriously. They know that plagiarizing is going to get them into serious shit and could ruin them. They didn't do it at all. Plus so many songs sound the same and yet it's only COLDPLAY with a case. There's something going on here..

i agree:) oh and your from the phillipppines?, i've been there, nice country and nice people, i was there last year (at the end of our school semester) :cool: