✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China and the similarity between a song of Vietnam !?

coldplaymix

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly enough, Will recently said this in his interview with Digital Spy:

"Music is so available today and it's hard to be original, but bands like us and other great bands survive because of our chemistry. Every chord progression has already been written before, so the only unique thing you can have is who is involved."

Interestingly enough, Will recently said this in his interview with Digital Spy:

"Music is so available today and it's hard to be original, but bands like us and other great bands survive because of our chemistry. Every chord progression has already been written before, so the only unique thing you can have is who is involved."

:uhoh:

Ridiculous. Now that Vietnamese woman keeps to beaten track and wants to lay her hands on some batches of bucks.

They didn't steal it, there's no sense in that. They've credited other artists on the disk and if they needed this song, I'm sure they would've paid her.

There are similarities, but hey, is it really possible to write a melody that hasn't been written yet by some guy from distant Cambodian village.

I hope court will prove it to be coincidence.

By the way, Coldplay should have sued David Guetta for completely stealing Clocks.

By the way, Coldplay should have sued David Guetta for completely stealing Clocks.

Agree! :D In fact, there are about 3 songs I artists I could name that they could sue for stealing Clocks...

As for the PoC issue, I really don't know. :\ I hope they get out of it soon though.

this is ridiculous, i can understand joe satriani's case but this is a ridiculous. The ONLY thing that sounds remotely similar is that vocal hook in the chorus and they aren't even that similar. The chords are completely different along with the arrangement. the instruments are obviously different. and as for the beats and mood being similar? that a bit hilarious to me POC is a huge song with crashing drums and a heavy mood. this so called "diva" doesn't have anything on Coldplay sorry.

Yeah I agree that it sounds kinda similar, but for some reason I still don't think they actually stole it..

They know that they can get in trouble because of plagiarizing, and they already experienced it, why should they risk to get in trouble again?

I think Princess of China is out on 25th October as a single?

Anyway the borrowing from her song - intentional or not - seems pretty clear to me but surely by now they have a kitty of money set aside just in case for out of court settlements! And this lady will get enough out of the whole thing to buy a castle and become Princess of Vietnam if she wants!

I notice it a little but its nothing to get your pants in a bunch over. coldplay lists every single sample they use. they wouldnt even take the risk again over something like this.

in the end. its similar but not similar enough to go crazy over.

theres only so much you can do with music a coincidence is likely to happen.