✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China and the similarity between a song of Vietnam !?

coldplaymix

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems like coldplay doesnt know how to write their own song really. Soo many songs of them are stolen....for example Life in technicolor...listen to Nirvana all apologies (acoustic), they even admited that they have plagarised Trouble from Elton John, Yellow was from a song from BUlets from my valentine( i have heard it myself) , Viva la Vida as we know also the song Paradise go to the song inyoutube and search for the very first coments somebody left a link of the original song and that oooooo part is all stolen see it urself and now this damn Princese of china come on where iS THE ORIGINALITY...i am so dissapointed

P.S and there were other songs that are literally stolen by our band :( but i dont like tho think about it cause at the moment i cant remember

I'm ashamed that I even spend time to comment on your thing, but why (wtf?!) are you at coldplaying.com? I really don't get that? Yes a coldplay fan can state that Coldplay stole a song, but no you can't state (as a coldplay fan) that Coldplay almost copied every song... So I'm open for critics but not for such a nonsense... I'm sorry!

And YES I tried to find the similarities between LiTii and Nervana, but they are not there?

I'm ashamed that I even spend time to comment on your thing, but why (wtf?!) are you at coldplaying.com? I really don't get that? Yes a coldplay fan can state that Coldplay stole a song, but no you can't state (as a coldplay fan) that Coldplay almost copied every song... So I'm open for critics but not for such a nonsense... I'm sorry!

And YES I tried to find the similarities between LiTii and Nervana, but they are not there?

yeah!!! Coldplay songs are all unique in one way or another. if there are resemblances well it's mr. coincidence stuff^^

yes he exists!!!

Well, apart from that I just don't see them stealing anything (they're too honest as people), I don't think they did it on purpose. Like some people have said, they're smart enough not to plagiarize after the Viva case. They've already credited three artists for samples and lyrics, that shows they don't want another Satriani.

That being said, there's clearly some similarities... I'm a little worried how this will turn out. :\

Yeah right. :laugh3:

Though, there is some similarity in the intro but that Vietnamese song is completely different.

I maybe wrong here but, the sounds used in the song maybe Asian for the very reason it's called 'Princess of China'. There are lots of Asian songs, movies and etc that use similar tunes.

The point being they may have tried to make it sound Asian in their unique way. I maybe wrong though.

Yeah right. :laugh3:

Though, there is some similarity in the intro but that Vietnamese song is completely different.

I maybe wrong here but, the sounds used in the song maybe Asian for the very reason it's called 'Princess of China'. There are lots of Asian songs, movies and etc that use similar tunes.

The point being they may have tried to make it sound Asian in their unique way. I maybe wrong though.

yeah i agree, in fact i have even heard of that kind of tune even before that vietnamese song was made, i think its a tune from old asian chants or traditional songs, i'll try to research more of this though (after midterm exams of course, lol)

Intentional or not this is probably going to blow up. It was already bad enough with the Satch/Cat case, ETIAW sample, and using Leonard Cohen's lyrics (whether or not they were credited), this is just going to make things worse.

After ETIAW came out I was listening to a satellite radio station (the alt or college one I think) and the song was about to come on, and the DJ cued it up by saying "Next up is Coldplay's new single stolen from the Latin dance song 'Ritmo de la Noche'. You may remember when Coldplay stole Viva la Vida's melody from Joe Satriani's 'If I Could Fly'. Again, here are noted plagiarists Coldplay with ETIAW".

After this who knows what will be said.

Intentional or not this is probably going to blow up. It was already bad enough with the Satch/Cat case, ETIAW sample, and using Leonard Cohen's lyrics (whether or not they were credited), this is just going to make things worse.

After ETIAW came out I was listening to a satellite radio station (the alt or college one I think) and the song was about to come on, and the DJ cued it up by saying "Next up is Coldplay's new single stolen from the Latin dance song 'Ritmo de la Noche'. You may remember when Coldplay stole Viva la Vida's melody from Joe Satriani's 'If I Could Fly'. Again, here are noted plagiarists Coldplay with ETIAW".

After this who knows what will be said.

wow, those DJ's are really harsh, hmm, haters are always gonna be haters, the best "fuck you hater" moment for coldplay is for them survive in the music biz many years to come :)

I hate that this is happening again! :angry: I agree with most people on here, I believe thats just a popular melody from asian-type culture. I dont feel they meant to copy that intro in any way AT ALL. It seems the more popular they get, the more the haters come out of the woodwork,and the people that just want to make a dime off one of the most successful bands in the industry. I hope they get through this unscathed, I just want people to leave them alone and let us fans enjoy this album! :(

“They may think I am just an unknown songwriter in Vietnam so they just copied my song at their will. It would be okay if they had sung it well, but I don’t like the way Rihanna did it,” Tien said.

Amen.

Seriously though, this could be trouble. I still don't think Satch had a fair case and he made too much of the whole thing, but the PoC thing is fairly blatant - even to my Coldplay fanboy ears. The Coldplay boys had best have loads of fun and party as hard as they can now, because shit's about to hit the fan really soon. It could potentially be the death of them.

Amen.

Seriously though, this could be trouble. I still don't think Satch had a fair case and he made too much of the whole thing, but the PoC thing is fairly blatant - even to my Coldplay fanboy ears. The Coldplay boys had best have loads of fun and party as hard as they can now, because shit's about to hit the fan really soon. It could potentially be the death of them.

I'm seriously worried right now... :(

i don't think this "incident" will be the death of the band, John Lennon was sued before, for "plagiarising another song to and make it into the song "come together" George Harrison had five cases of plagiarism during the 70's, "my sweet lord", "start!", "when we was fab", "long long long" and "ship fools", and "free as a bird. Both of them had nice careers even after those suits :D:D:D:) assuming, of course, that they really plagiarised :) its my opinion that they didn't :)

edit: free as a bird was int he 90s, sorry :)

Let me take it this way, you copy an unpopular (internationally) song and change a precious note, then you have a new popular song, I guess it's going that way a lot recently. So, what would Steve Job say if Samsung copy the goddamn iPhone's shape, change the button then call it Galaxy. And what's wrong with you, the my-mom-is-the-most-beautiful-woman-in-the-whole-world guys, can't you just listen to the two songs and use some brain to judge the situation instead of keep telling yourself that "Coldplay is my mom"? Honestly, I love "Viva la Vida" but it doesn't mean I deny the fact that the song is a plagiarism.

Let me take it this way, you copy an unpopular (internationally) song and change a precious note, then you have a new popular song, I guess it's going that way a lot recently. So, what would Steve Job say if Samsung copy the goddamn iPhone's shape, change the button then call it Galaxy. And what's wrong with you, the my-mom-is-the-most-beautiful-woman-in-the-whole-world guys, can't you just listen to the two songs and use some brain to judge the situation instead of keep telling yourself that "Coldplay is my mom"? Honestly, I love "Viva la Vida" but it doesn't mean I deny the fact that the song is a plagiarism.

I agree at some parts, but it sometimes it's hard to analyse what's really happening if you like something very much. But I've to say: I wait till Coldplay reacts on this case, just because I don't want to sue them right away.

i don't think this "incident" will be the death of the band, John Lennon was sued before, for "plagiarising the song "come together" George Harrison had five cases of plagiarism during the 70's, "my sweet lord", "start!", "when we was fab", "long long long" and "ship fools", and "free as a bird. Both of them had nice careers even after those suits :D:D:D:) assuming, of course, that they really plagiarised :) its my opinion that they didn't :)

edit: free as a bird was int he 90s, sorry :)

That's fair point. But it takes a strong man to get through all that. At the moment I'm putting myself in Chris Martin's shoes. This would mark the second major lawsuit in as little as three years (on top of several other plagiarism allegations). Put that on top of the not-so-positive reception of Mylo Xyloto and all the bullshit that's been going on behind the scenes at EMI... walking away from the whole thing could end up being quite tempting.

They gone through things like this before and survived and hopefully if they're really passionate, they'll do so again. One does wonder though, if there'll ever be a straw that'll break the camel's back.

The reception to Mylo is very 'marmite' where people tend to either love it or hate it, but I think that's what the boys were expecting so that probably won't bother them too much.

The plagiarism thing will though, Chris has made no secret that last time it happened they were all in a pretty dark place. I don't think it'll break them, but it'll damage them. Like you said if I put myself in Chris's shoes I'd be utterly gutted.

That's fair point. But it takes a strong man to get through all that. At the moment I'm putting myself in Chris Martin's shoes. This would mark the second major lawsuit in as little as three years (on top of several other plagiarism allegations). Put that on top of the not-so-positive reception of Mylo Xyloto and all the bullshit that's been going on behind the scenes at EMI... walking away from the whole thing could end up being quite tempting.

They gone through things like this before and survived and hopefully if they're really passionate, they'll do so again. One does wonder though, if there'll ever be a straw that'll break the camel's back.

hmm, from the looks of it, chris martin is quite passionate to make more music, i'm sure they have 3 or 4 albums left in their tank :p and im pretty sure, they will do more, because even though chris is overly sensitive about other people's opinions, i also think it doesn;t affect his drive to create more music. just like what we have read from some news articles, he really really cares more about the people who loves coldplay, (i hope im making sense, lol ... still reeling from a deadly exam last friday.. lol) :D

First off - listening to that Vietnamese song - give me a break - that melody has been used before - I've heard it in traditional/spiritual/religious songs from Asian cultures - That artist didn't come up with that herself - right there she's done, and if she claims she did, she's lying to herself or to the rest of the world. She should get sued by the lawyers of those traditional songs - everyone is so litigious nowadays, I hate lawyers to a degree bc of this crap.

As for Viva and Joe Satriani - well Joe will have to pay Cat stevens too bc supposedly Cat also thinks CP lifted his melody for Viva, give me a break, Joe is such a piece of crap for suing them - that melody has been used many times over - it's not a particular unique chord progression or series of notes. I've heard it in other songs (they may not be as popular) but Coldplay elevates these melodies/chord progressions into symphonic and beautiful pieces of music.

Even for POC (which I love), I remember hearing that piece of melody before (even Disney movies hae used it) and loved what they did with it. As for the oh-oh's, they're using the same melody - this Vietnamese artist has no standing unless she wants to get sued by the people who originally came up with that song many years ago (perhaps hundreds/thousands).

Case Closed. Viva la Coldplay!

Here we go again onother one wants to make money of of Coldplay's achievements. If i'd hear a comparison of my songs in a coldplay or any big band of that sort I'd be proud . It's a coincidence , there are millions of songs , yeah some melodies will sound alike . Stupid I'm really beginning to hate these people