✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First or Second Half?

Hartroc

Which do you prefer?

I definitely like the second half better. The melody is catchier, the guitar groove is infectious, and Chris's voice at the end...perfect. Beautiful little piano outro as well. On the other hand, the first half drags on a tad long, and I think those spacey, harmonic ascending synths are kind of cheesy. Not bad, but it sounds like b-side material. I was underwhelmed until the the guitars came back in.

It's no Amsterdam, but it's pretty great nonetheless.

Thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which do you prefer?

I definitely like the second half better. The melody is catchier, the guitar groove is infectious, and Chris's voice at the end...perfect. Beautiful little piano outro as well. On the other hand, the first half drags on a tad long, and I think those spacey, harmonic ascending synths are kind of cheesy. Not bad, but it sounds like b-side material. I was underwhelmed until the the guitars came back in.

It's no Amsterdam, but it's pretty great nonetheless.

Thoughts?

My thoughts exactly. The intro is great, I'm not sure about the ascending synths, cheesy indeed and too loud, a bit of a mood killer in fact, I think they could have worked that out better - but who am I anyway - but as soon as the guitar melody kicks in it only gets better and the second half kind of makes up for it. The second half is the best part of the album.

The day they release a song like Amsterdam but even better I'll die out of pure happiness.

I really love the sound wall in the first part with the strings and synth (?) but nevertheless the second part is the perfect closer for the story of the album. You can imangine how the young pair walks across the television hand in hand and you can see the sun and in the background "good things are coming our way...". I especially love the transition between the two parts - its magic and I think its the mix between two halves which makes this song so brilliant!

I would go with the second but it wouldnt be the same without the first half! It is a truly amazing song and if it wasnt for Charlie Brown it would be easily the best track on the album!!! I'm listening to it now: the birds they sang...

exactly. the first part makes the second part what it is

Im going to annoy a lot of people by saying this, but:

I think the second half is Car Kids

NO NO NO NO NO NO.

I swear to God, if one more person says something stupid about fucking Car Kids I'm going to possibly decapitate them.

HERE:

Car kids is a song about old people being annoyed at young people. Chris says it with 11 minutes to go:

http://www.20min.ch/videotv/?channel...video_id=14917

And the oracle:

October 3, 2011 - submitted by Rik, United States of America

Q. I've been wondering this for a long while now as I'm sure many others have, it was on Chris' shirt, the home page background. What does Car Kids mean? Is it a lyric or a song on the new album? Thanks Oracle!!

The Oracle replies:

Yeah, as far as I know it was a song pencilled in for inclusion on Mylo Xyloto but didn't make it on to the final tracklisting. We may hear it one day, who knows

Can we PLEASE stop saying ____ is Car Kids! Because there is more than enough proof to say it isn't.

CAR KIDS IS A FULL SONG.

CAR KIDS DID NOT MAKE THE ALBUM.

The whole album is Car Kids

The whole universe is Car Kids.

But seriously, the second half. I'm on my third listen, I believe, and the guitar always makes me smile. What a perfect ending, I might add. I can't but feel sad at the end.