✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Is The Best Coldplay Album ( according to fans)

sirajlyons

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the majority of the first 2 albums and they had some amazing songs, but they also had a fair bit of filler too, especially Parachutes!

X&Y is a more solid album, but the songs in general probably aren't as good (bar Fix You).

Viva is the most interesting & experimental but my least favourite.

It's hard to judge Mylo so far as its so new, but so far I'd definately say its a better album than Viva. I think it's a great album, a little overproduced and too polished in places, it'll be interesting to see how it stands the test of time.

Tough question.

DLIBYH is better than any song on X&Y (strange because there are huge songs like White Shadows, Square One or How You See The World on it).

Some songs seem totally out of place (Paradise, Major Minus), some flow perfectly (AHT-UWTB). Overall, it works better than Viva sometimes, sometimes not.

U.F.O. and Us Against The World are some of their best efforts lyricwise. Paradise's and Up In Flames's are rather lame.

I think my ranking is:

A Rush Of Blood To The Head / Viva La Vida / Mylo Xyloto

X&Y (best songs)

Parachutes

X&Y (worst songs)

Viva

X&Y

MX

AROBTTH

Parachutes

Not sold on MX yet. X&Y is when I discovered Coldplay, although I agree with whoever above said that AROBTTH does have superior songs...but I can listen to X&Y straight through and love the whole album. VLV is an AMAZING album as far as I'm concerned.