✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WORST COLDPLAY ALBUM TO DATE

sirajlyons

I voted for Viva La Vida. It just doesn't flow right with me and I really don't like the long, hidden track business. I love Chinese Sleep Chant and it's annoying that it's not on the official listing.

On the other end of the spectrum, X&Y is my favourite album and the B-sides from that era are amazing. 'Things I Don't Understand' is great.

I LOVE Things I Don't Understand :) all the b-sides from the Parachutes/AROBBTH/X&Y era are amazing.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X&Y is my favorite album, I love it from start to finish. Can someone please explain to me why it is considered the worst album among my fellow coldplayers?

This I'd like to know too.... Even though X&Y is my absolute favorite from start to finish, I can see why others would like Parachutes, Rush or Viva better and therefore I'm not surprised to see those albums topping X&Y, but Mylo Xyloto???? :shocked2: I wish there was at least one song in Mylo that made me feel what I feel when I listen to Talk, Fix You, Speed of Sound, The Hardest Part and Till Kingdom Come or that had such a perfect production.

X&Y is my favorite album, I love it from start to finish. Can someone please explain to me why it is considered the worst album among my fellow coldplayers?

It's really interesting. Many people don't like X&Y because a) it's too long, b) the songs are a bit repetitive and c) Coldplay aren't really pushing themselves. Of course though, all of those things can be seen as positives, as Coldplay were at the time making music that sounded really good to the fans, i.e what the 'wanted' to hear. Especially coming after "A Rush of Blood", which was such an amazing album, both at the time and now. Maybe now that Coldplay have pushed themselves further people may think X&Y isn't as good as they thought it was.

I think that X&Y is a good album - it was the first Coldplay album I bought- but many people think that safe=bad, whereas many other people think safe does not equal bad. In short, it's all subjective, and you're allowed to love X&Y if you want! I know I do!

(and besides, people may say it's their "least favorite", they might not hate it!)

1. Of course there is a worst Coldplay album, doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

2. Six people must have hit the wrong button.

My vote is for X&Y, because it kinda drags on. The only song I completely adored was Fix You, but that kinda wore off. :(

Some other songs are good too, just not my favourites.

I voted for X&Y myself, but I still believe it's a great album.

Any album consisting of tracks like Fix You, Speed of Sound, Swallowed in the Sea, Til Kingdom Come and A Message will always be classified as a great one personally.

It just shows the quality of Coldplay's albums, when their 'worse' one is still amazing!

Parachutes at 23.08 % ???

are you mad? It's probably their best! at least for everyone who tuned in from the very start.

Don't get me wrong, i love their later albums too. I voted for MX, while it does include some quality songs, like Charlie Brown, in overall it fails to impress. I was thinking between XY and MX, but went for the latter. XY is sort of transition album where in songs like Message, Speed of Sound, Swallowed in the Sea and Til Kingdom Come the old sound keeps popping up. Viva la Vida is dramatically different , but still I think it was a brilliant effort. MX is sort of on the same platform musically as Viva La Vida, but for me it fails to meet the quality of their previous LP.

p.s I still love the fact that after decade Coldplay manages to pull off decent songs. So i can totally look forward to their next work.