✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WORST COLDPLAY ALBUM TO DATE

sirajlyons

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X&Y is Coldplay's worst album.

It's thematically messy, it's sonically messy and it's the most try hard the band has ever been. They really went for that U2 epic alt-rock band title and failed horribly. I've heard the band went through a tough time then too, and I think it shows.

It's no coincidence they completely reinvented themselves after X&Y. And thank God they did.

X&Y is not only a bad Coldplay album, I think it is a bad album full stop.

Fix You is a masterpiece though. So props for that.

I voted for Viva La Vida. It just doesn't flow right with me and I really don't like the long, hidden track business. I love Chinese Sleep Chant and it's annoying that it's not on the official listing.

On the other end of the spectrum, X&Y is my favourite album and the B-sides from that era are amazing. 'Things I Don't Understand' is great.

I voted for Viva La Vida. It just doesn't flow right with me and I really don't like the long, hidden track business. I love Chinese Sleep Chant and it's annoying that it's not on the official listing.

On the other end of the spectrum, X&Y is my favourite album and the B-sides from that era are amazing. 'Things I Don't Understand' is great.

Agreed!

If the b-sides were on the actual album, X&Y would have been a much better album.

Gah! I voted Parachutes, but was thinking more about my ranking of the albums! :facepalm:

I think this thread should be titled 'weakest' not 'worst'.

Parachutes has the least amount of my favourite songs on it, but it's not the worst in terms of quality or consistency. So I would pick X&Y if I could change my vote. Even though it's my second favourite album overall, I feel it's the weakest in terms of a complete listen from start to finish.