✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was feeling a bit better watching Paul MacCartney performing. And then I saw Dave Grohl and Bruce Sprinsgteen and other artists joining him on stage and having fun, and I thought: "Damn, I know Chris would have loved to be there on that stage at that moment." :bomb::(

Anyway, I'm off.

See you guys!

I went out with my friends and had to miss the grammys and I wasn't able to record (don't have a dvr or any other means of recording). Does anyone know where to find footage of the performance or any other part of the award show?

You chose your friends over watching Coldplay and now you must pay the price for having a social life!

Rewatched the performance on the west coast (finally!), in HD versus a little live stream from the east coast airing. Everything looked great, the set and the color was amazing. Sadly, everything sounded weak. Xylobands were pretty good, but not anything like I was expecting (e.g. the Xfactor performance). Better luck next year, and at the Brits.

TIME

MUSIC

The Best and Worst of the 2012 Grammys

We rate all of the performances from this year's music awards. We'll be adding to the list as the night goes on.

Coldplay, “Paradise”

By CLAIRE SUDDATH | @clairesuddath | February 12, 2012 |

coldplay.jpg?w=576

+

KEVIN WINTER / GETTY IMAGES

After his duet with Rihanna, Martin joined the rest of his band for “Paradise” off Coldplay’s latest album, Mylo Xyloto. As expected, it was bombastic and over the top. But Coldplay’s strength is its live performance, and boy did the group deliver. Even the jaded Grammy audience got into it, waving multi-colored light-up wrist bands as if they were at an outdoor music festival. This felt like a real concert, not a one-song performance inside an auditorium.

Grade: A

Chris Martin and Rihanna, “Princess of China”

By CLAIRE SUDDATH | @clairesuddath | February 12, 2012 |

+

rihanna_martin.jpg?w=576

MATT SAYLES / AP

Coldplay often relies on an unnecessarily big sound, so it was refreshing to here Martin sing accompanied by only a guitar. He and Rihanna are a bit of a mismatched pair, though, and their duet could have been more polished. Instead of a unified performance, it felt as if two superstars were giving completely separate performances of the same song.

Grade: C-

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/02/12/the-best-and-worst-of-the-2012-grammys/#chris-martin-and-rihanna-princess-of-china#ixzz1mEhLyp21