✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

grammylogo11.jpg

Coldplay nominated for three Grammy Awards

1 December 2011 9:13 am

Paradise and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall both shortlisted

news_line.png

Good morning. We're pleased to report that Coldplay have been nominated for three awards at the 54th Grammy Awards. The band are up for:

- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for Paradise

- Best Rock Performance for Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

- Best Rock Song for Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

The ceremony will take place in Los Angeles on Sunday 12 February. (Mylo Xyloto was not eligible for any awards, as it was released after the cut-off date of 30 September 2011.)

Anchorman

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Coldplay - Paradise

“Body And Soul” — Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse

“Dearest” — The Black Keys

“Pumped Up Kicks” — Foster The People

“Moves Like Jagger” — Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera

Best Rock Performance

“Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall” — Coldplay

“Down By The Water” — The Decemberists

“Walk” — Foo Fighters

“The Cave” — Mumford & Sons

“Lotus Flower” — Radiohead

Best Rock Song

The Cave - Mumford & Sons

Down By The Water - The Decemberists

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay

Lotus Flower - Radiohead

Walk - Foo Fighters

tough competition on both with Maroon 5 's super hit and also Fosters great song.. and radiohead in rock with Mumford and sons

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame they released MX so late, come 2013 it'll be largely forgotten.

Yeah, it will definitely be snubbed. Like Kanye was.

I think the Academy is trying to bring in more viewers so they let people like Taylor Swift WIN album of the year, and nominate Rihanna for it over Radiohead and Kanye West. Needless to say, since they're clearly full of shit, I won't be watching.

SPOILER ALERT:

ADELE WILL WIN

There. Now you don't have to watch! :nice:

Yeah, it will definitely be snubbed. Like Kanye was.

I think the Academy is trying to bring in more viewers so they let people like Taylor Swift WIN album of the year, and nominate Rihanna for it over Radiohead and Kanye West. Needless to say, since they're clearly full of shit, I won't be watching.

SPOILER ALERT:

ADELE WILL WIN

There. Now you don't have to watch! :nice:

:lol:

So MX was released too late to be nominated this year?

I like Adele but if she wins Album, Record and Song of the year she will be the epitome of overrated. :rolleyes:

Also, I can't believe that Kanye's Fanatasy wasn't nominated for Album of the year, I'd go with that for 2010.

2011 is all about MX. Maybe it's gonna be nominated next year. Which is even better since Adele will be out of the picture. :awesome:

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, rock?! Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but's it's very pop for me.

The Grammys have lost all legitimacy.

Rihanna for album of the year? Again?!

She's a singles "artist", she doesn't have any #1 albums.

"Aritist" cause she doesn't write her own songs.

The Grammys have lost all legitimacy.

Rihanna for album of the year? Again?!

She's a singles "artist", she doesn't have any #1 albums.

"Aritist" cause she doesn't write her own songs.

Well there are awards for writers and performers, I don't mind about that. About the album I couldn't agree more, Loud is more like a greatest hits collection than an album. For me the only record she released I consider as an propper album is Rated R. And one thing I don't like about the Grammys are all those country categories, I HATE country songs. But I still think it's music's Oscars so....

Well there are awards for writers and performers, I don't mind about that. About the album I couldn't agree more, Loud is more like a greatest hits collection than an album. For me the only record she released I consider as an propper album is Rated R. And one thing I don't like about the Grammys are all those country categories, I HATE country songs. But I still think it's music's Oscars so....

I consider them the music's Oscars too, but they are really starting to become ratings whores. For example, The Black Eyed Peas and David Guetta should have never ever won any Grammy awards. Well, the Peas used to be OK, but now they have become obnoxious, as well as mr Faguetta. :lol: As for the country albums, Taylor Swift winning album of the year was also a major minus for their credibility. :D I feel there shouldn't be as many rap categories. There are some idiots out there that shouldn't have the pleasure of even being nominated (Flo Rida). :dash:

U2 is the band with the most Grammy awards (22), including 2 albums and 2 records of the year. Overrated much?