✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh what's this story of auto tune? is this man crazy?

Well every one uses auto tune in records....artists like Rihanna (eheheh), Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Beyonce correct their voices!

Every time they sing live, they have singers in the shadow who make a choir able to disguise vocal mistakes...or they sing in a minor key because they're not able to reproduce the great performance (ex. higher notes) they've recorded...and this is because this performance has been made by a computer!

So why is he so rude with Chris Martin? He never pretended to be a virtuous singer, most of the time he is very very faithfull to the voice we hear in his songs...so what the hell does he want? :shocked2:

Not-Coldplay-related, but right now "Who is Paul McCartney ?" is trending. Apparently lots and lots and llotfs of people, during his performance, tweeted last night things like: "Who the hell is Paul McCartney ?!"

:facepalm: I mean, I know some people may not be interested in his music, but, come on, it's not a regular artist we're talking about....

Not-Coldplay-related, but right now "Who is Paul McCartney ?" is trending. Apparently lots and lots and llotfs of people, during his performance, tweeted last night things like: "Who the hell is Paul McCartney ?!"

:facepalm: I mean, I know some people may not be interested in his music, but, come on, it's not a regular artist we're talking about....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA]I don't want to live on this planet anymore - YouTube[/ame]

I think Chris Martin should think a lot about the Dave Grohl speech. That "return to the basics" and "just play your instrument, without playback, autotune or computer stuff" thing.

precisely! and i agree wasting light is just in a whole other league. a lot better than MX.

One of my favorite moments of the entire Grammy show was about halfway through Springsteen's opening performance when the camera went to Paul McCartney and there, right behind him, was Chris bopping around like the fanboy he is. :laugh3:

That sounds like something I need to see LOL...:D

I like POC...but after this performance together with Rihanna i´m praying that we will never hear it again with her !!! She just ruined the whole idea of an acoustic version of it.

And yeah,maybe i´m the only one but i dont think that Princess of China is a song made to be played acoustic. The powerful synth is just missing so much,it makes the song so special. I was very disappointed,to be honest.

Last but not least...Paradise is way to much overplayed. I never thought to say that about a Coldplay-Song...but... i cant and i dont wanna hear it anymore :(

One of my favorite moments of the entire Grammy show was about halfway through Springsteen's opening performance when the camera went to Paul McCartney and there, right behind him, was Chris bopping around like the fanboy he is. :laugh3:

LOL, that was awesome! :laugh3: ..I also thought it was awesome that they had 2 of my favorite artists seated right by each other. Sir Paul and Chris in the same area?! I'm in heaven. :D

Just watched Grohl's speech back. This is what he said:

This is a great honor because this record was a special record for our band. Rather than going to the best studio in the world down the street in Hollywood and rather than using all the fanciest computers that you can buy, we made this one in my garage with some microphones and a tape machine. And we couldn't have done it without... (names)... To me this award means a lot because it shows that the human element of making music is what is most important. Singing in to a microphone and learning how to play an instrument and learning to do your craft, that's the most important thing for people to do. It's not about being perfect. It's not about sounding absolutely correct. It's not about what goes on in a computer. It's about what goes around in here (*points to heart*) and what goes around up here (*points to brain*).

and whats up with all the dave grohl bashing? im pretty sure i've seen people hate on adele too on this forum!

While ppl are entitled to their opinions, most of them i find (not restricted to this forum) are for stupid reasons. They generally try to hide it by attacking the person instead of the music. What it boils down to is the old hipster motto; they're too mainstream and to ruffle some feathers i'm gonna say they suck. For me I respect Grohl and enjoy a few Foo tunes. I havent heard much Adele but she has a great voice, I'm not sure if that will hold though. Also as evidenced by her performance last night, shes relying on her voice, but past that, a boring performance; much like 2003 era Coldplay when even they said they were boring on stage.

Watching POC was uncomfortable, I thought Chris had to keep looking at Rihanna to keep her on track...I had my money on her forgetting a couple of obvious words.

Overall, I was underwhelmed but I don't think it was that bad. Agree that if they had re-sequenced it as Paradise/POC/We found love, the transitions would be easier.

I appreciated that they wore black on stage, perhaps as a mark of respect for WH. They were missing the happy energy from the shows through the week.

As someone pointed out before... wasn't Dave Grohl still wearing his Xyloband when he accepted the award? He couldn't have hated on Coldplay THAT much! :)

While ppl are entitled to their opinions, most of them i find (not restricted to this forum) are for stupid reasons. They generally try to hide it by attacking the person instead of the music. What it boils down to is the old hipster motto; they're too mainstream and to ruffle some feathers i'm gonna say they suck. For me I respect Grohl and enjoy a few Foo tunes. I havent heard much Adele but she has a great voice, I'm not sure if that will hold though. Also as evidenced by her performance last night, shes relying on her voice, but past that, a boring performance; much like 2003 era Coldplay when even they said they were boring on stage.

fair point. and thats what i mean. if you don't particularly like someone doesn't mean their music isn't worthy. i hate madonna and enrique etc personally but i admit their music is at times brilliant. this is except for two individuals obviously; lady gaga and bieber. i dont usually count them as human beings

For their Paradise performance I give them 7 - they did fine, especially considering all the extra "circumstances" they were dealing with. CB would have been better.

I thought Chris sounded ever so nice at the start of PoC, but acoustic Chris + Rihanna just didn't work. Wish they could have managed to do the album version of PoC, but I guess that would have taken more time to get right than they had.

Grammys

Ok, so this wasn't CP's best performance live. But let's face it. The deck was stacked. As soon as they were put in a category with Tony Bennett and the late Amy Winehouse, you knew that was a losing cause.

Every year, the Academy has a love affair with someone-this year it was the Foos. No offense to the Foos. When X&Y came out, it was up against the monster known as U2 and How to Dismantle... For VLV, 7 nominations, but Robert Plant and Allison Krauss were the hot acts.

Worldwide CP fans know how the boys perform live and what a treat it is to be there. Someone else has mentioned that Paradise was the hit up for the award and that's more than likely why it was chosen. One wonders what the sequence of acts would have been if Ms. Houston hadn't passed away the night before. If CP is playing early, then I'll bet Charlie Brown and the Xylobands would have rocked the house. Instead, it got buried in the middle.

The Grammys just aren't what they used to be. It rewards long time acts for staying power-the Foos, the Chilis, Bob Plant, etc. It's all about getting the almighty ratings and putting the hottest acts on.

And as a final comment-Dave Grohl hit a home run with his comments. i don't think it was aimed at CP, but maybe the other "Pop" categories. Gaga, Brown, Kanye, Jay-Z. I'm just sayin'....

Looking forward to seeing CP in Chicago in August, and hoping the Xylobands will still be around!

"This is a great honor because this record was a special record for our band. Rather than going to the best studio in the world down the street in Hollywood and rather than using all the fanciest computers that you can buy, we made this one in my garage with some microphones and a tape machine. And we couldn't have done it without... (names)... To me this award means a lot because it shows that the human element of making music is what is most important. Singing in to a microphone and learning how to play an instrument and learning to do your craft, that's the most important thing for people to do. It's not about being perfect. It's not about sounding absolutely correct. It's not about what goes on in a computer. It's about what goes around in here (*points to heart*) and what goes around up here (*points to brain*). "

This man is 100% right! I absolutely agree with him...and I'm also 100% sure he's not addressing this speech to coldplay!

The arena was full of artists who abuse of auto-tune, who are not able to play an instrument...remember that Grohl is a multi-instrumentalist, he sings very well, his career has begun years ago with Nirvana, he is not a greenhorn, so he knew what he was saying!

The problem is the one who have written the article...I really think he hates Chris Martin!