✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

HAHA yes he does! Hes some douche "emostep" producer from LA

Here him live in action, he probally will reconise this track! Its awful

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Did he really win 3 Grammys? What is the world coming to? :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referring to a few posts down, to be fair, Dave Grohl also gives full credit to his band and doesn't think it's all about him. Which is pretty cool since at the start the Foo Fighters WAS him. He played most if not all the instruments on the first album. But he realized a full band would make him a better musician. Like Chris realizes.:)

Lol @ the 'Cleaning product' comment!:D

I think that it is time to go back to the Parachutes and AROBTTH era. Everybody knows Coldplay now because of Viva and Paradise. If they make an album in the old style, everybody will say they are worldclass. In my opinion, the music during that era is the best that's ever been written, but the big public doesn't know songs like One I Love, We Never Change and Everything's Not Lost. You can't dislike those songs, and with Coldplay's popularity everybody will like them, I think. Just my opinion. They will be the new Beatles.

Like most Coldplay long time fans, I love Parachutes and AROBTTH very much too! I also wish they will make another album like that. But I doubt it will ever happen. They have grown and time has changed. I just hope they won't continue with the MX direction. The songs in MX are great for concerts (e.g. Charlie Brown). The shows they done recently were so colorful and full of energy. It just made people happy. It is very suitable for times like this when there are all these problems around the world (e.g. bad economy, war, earthquakes...). So, making MX is not a bad choice. But maybe one album like that is enough. On the other hand, I think Viva La Vida is a very good album. The songs are very artistic. I didn't really like it at first because it is so different than their other albums. But after listening for while, I really love it! I don't mind if there is another album like Viva.

I wonder what happened to Nikola? :thinking: I think he was looking forward to seeing the Rihanna performance, but he hasn't been seen around these parts since before the Grammys... This thread could do with him here to liven things up :laugh3:

I wonder what happened to Nikola? :thinking: I think he was looking forward to seeing the Rihanna performance, but he hasn't been seen around these parts since before the Grammys... This thread could do with him here to liven things up :laugh3:

:nod::nod::\ I wonder what happened to him too

He was really looking forward to it indeed :nod:

Hey Johnnyboy, if you read this: Hey, you see, she didn't grind against his body, and though he was stressed, apparently he wasn't too confused by her :lol:

And COME ON, you HAVE to comment the pic of RiRi & Gwyneth, I'm sure you saw it!

:rolleyes:

LOL What the hell? :o

I was busy. And now I came here to comment and I see this. :smug2:

Thanx u guise 4 missing meee. Missed u 2. Group hug. t4624.gif

What can I say... I was disappointed. :sad2: Both with the choices they made and the performances.

1) I'd prefer the full version of POC, the acoustic version was underwhelming. But interesting nevertheless.

2) CB instead of Para. No question about that. The xylobands would have been much more impressive.

The Para performance itself was sub-par, but that's OK, Chrissy was sick. :disappointed:

P.S. Yes I saw the RiRi-Gwyneth pic. :charming: Rihanna was stunningly beautiful. :drunk:

P.P.S.

FUCK THE FUCKING FOO FIGHTERS !!! :annoyed:

The songs they performed were so meh and generic... Nirvana is 1000000000X better than the FF.

Adele is adorable and everything she won was well deserved. :nice:

^ Nikola! :cheesy:

*runs in slow motion*

You're back!!! :awesome: :hug:

I agree :nod: Though I still liked their performance very much, including the acoustic PoC, it could have been much better. But we know they're kinda cursed when it comes to awards ceremonies performances, and Chris was sick. I hope the Brits are gonna be better! :)

And about your PPS: Yeah! :angry:

Like most Coldplay long time fans, I love Parachutes and AROBTTH very much too! I also wish they will make another album like that. But I doubt it will ever happen. They have grown and time has changed. I just hope they won't continue with the MX direction. The songs in MX are great for concerts (e.g. Charlie Brown). The shows they done recently were so colorful and full of energy. It just made people happy. It is very suitable for times like this when there are all these problems around the world (e.g. bad economy, war, earthquakes...). So, making MX is not a bad choice. But maybe one album like that is enough. On the other hand, I think Viva La Vida is a very good album. The songs are very artistic. I didn't really like it at first because it is so different than their other albums. But after listening for while, I really love it! I don't mind if there is another album like Viva.

Oh yes, it is fantastic that they made this change! Viva is a brilliant album, it really is. The two sides of it, are in the music in a phenomenal way. MX is also great, it is like a story that is told in 45 minutes, with a great variety of songs. Don't get me wrong, I really like those albums. But the music during Parachutes and Rush Of Blood is so good, I almost can't find the right words to describe how much I like them.

Oh yes, it is fantastic that they made this change! Viva is a brilliant album, it really is. The two sides of it, are in the music in a phenomenal way. MX is also great, it is like a story that is told in 45 minutes, with a great variety of songs. Don't get me wrong, I really like those albums. But the music during Parachutes and Rush Of Blood is so good, I almost can't find the right words to describe how much I like them.

To me, AROBTTH is perfect.

LOL What the hell? :o

I was busy. And now I came here to comment and I see this. :smug2:

Thanx u guise 4 missing meee. Missed u 2. Group hug. t4624.gif

What can I say... I was disappointed. :sad2: Both with the choices they made and the performances.

1) I'd prefer the full version of POC, the acoustic version was underwhelming. But interesting nevertheless.

2) CB instead of Para. No question about that. The xylobands would have been much more impressive.

The Para performance itself was sub-par, but that's OK, Chrissy was sick. :disappointed:

P.S. Yes I saw the RiRi-Gwyneth pic. :charming: Rihanna was stunningly beautiful. :drunk:

P.P.S.

FUCK THE FUCKING FOO FIGHTERS !!! :annoyed:

The songs they performed were so meh and generic... Nirvana is 1000000000X better than the FF.

Adele is adorable and everything she won was well deserved. :nice:

Glad to see you back! It was getting boring around here :lol::P

I also don't get what the big deal is with Foo Fighters. But then, I have never cared much for American music :\

The Rihanna performance wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I'd have to agree that the acoustic version was underwhelming. I guess they went for a shorter version because Chris wasn't feeling well. :nod:

I have no problem with them doing "Paradise". I will say, though, given that "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" is the song that they were nominated for, maybe it would've made sense for them to do that one?

Both songs were nominated. ;) ETIAW in 2 categories. And they lost all 3. :sad2: What happened to "the critics love ETIAW" and Paradise. :P

It's not unusual to perform a new song, Katy Perry performed a new single apparently, as well as Nicki Minaj who performed... that thing. :|

I thought we reached a consensus before the Grammys that they should perform CB alongside POC if they were to be allowed to do 2 songs.

That would have resolved the "CB vs. POC OMG what's the next single / what are they going to promote at the Grammys" fiasco.

A super impressive POC performance was supposed propel the song to #1. Or CB. But none of them have been released as singles yet. :|

Anyway, looks like Adele and Coldplay were the real winners of that night. :cool4:

It would actually make more sense for them to have done Charlie. Channel out the new songs, like Katy Perry did in spectacular fashion with "Part Of Me", and Nicki Minaj with a F*****G EPIC Performance of my new favorite Hip-Hop song "Roman Holiday". Adele should have done Set Fire To The Rain IMO. Rolling has been played so many times.

Anyway, had they done Charlie WITH the light show and MORE Xylobands being distributed, it would have easily been the best performance of the night.

Doh. I must've missed or forgot the nomination of "Paradise". Ah, well.

Nicki Minaj with a F*****G EPIC Performance of my new favorite Hip-Hop song "Roman Holiday".

I think you're the first person I've talked to who actually LIKED that performance :p! Everyone else has either been confused or hated it, it seems.

Yeah. I certainly would've been happy to hear "Charlie Brown", too, definitely. But "Paradise" was pretty much everywhere for a while there, so I'm guessing that's why they went with it *Shrugs*.

MX jumped from #28 to #14 on the Billboard 200 after the Grammys. :nod:

21 will surpass Whitney's The Bodyguard next week when it will spend its 21st weak at #1 making it the most successful album by a female artist of all time.

(On the charts, not by sales.)

To me, Adele's massive success is an indicator of how deeply fucked up is the mainstream. :|

Coldplay is not really bad, I can't find out why everyone out there just hates them or think they're too boring, I love them and I trust my feelings rather than what mmmedia think and write about them,

they're waiting for the band appearance to make fun of them and its really irritating...

I don't care if everyone stares out there...

Coldplay is not really bad, I can't find out why everyone out there just hates them or think they're too boring, I love them and I trust my feelings rather than what mmmedia think and write about them,

they're waiting for the band appearance to make fun of them and its really irritating...

I don't care if everyone stares out there...

*Nods* They have always been the band I've had to defend liking. I mean, most people I know aren't nasty with their remarks about the band, Coldplay's just not been their thing, but there are those out there who are really vicious towards them, and I'm always sitting there confused as to why.

But then I think, why do I need to defend my taste in music? I know what I like. I like Coldplay. If someone else doesn't, that's totally fine. And we'll leave it at that.

Dave Grohl 'clarifies' Grammy speech http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/02/dave-grohl-clarifies-grammy-acceptance-speech/1#.T0ARqHnrSSo

Not the Gettysburg Address, but hey......I'm a drummer, remember?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/dave-grohl-apologizes-grammy-speech-reaches-hip-hop-electro-community-article-1.1024496?localLinksEnabled=false

Many blog-dwellers felt his acceptence speech — in which he praised “the human element” in music, as opposed to the type made on computer — was a slur against electronic music makers, as well as hip-hop creators. They also felt it made Grohl look like a “rockist,” a fogey, a prig, and worse.

Well, there is something special about music made by musicians with more traditional instruments, but as seen from the long view, technology has always been enhancing the sound. Instruments began as simple strands tensioned between a wooden frame, or strung along a wooden pole, Then metal frames were used for the harp, then a keyed mechanical plucker, hence the autoharp / harpsichord, then the soft hammer and mechanism of the piano, and so forth. Recording too - from Edison's cylinder to disc to vinyl to German reel to reel and so forth. Dubbing by Les Paul from that, and on it went.

My belief is that whatever moves you, go with - it's all the work of real people in some form, guided by the heart in what the makers envisioned.

Agreed.

I don't care what an artist uses when creating their music. As long as I know the artist themselves is involved in some way, shape, or form, I'm happy. I don't think people should automatically be dismissed simply because some of the sounds in their music don't come from an actual instrument, or they used technology to do something funky with a sound from an actual instrument.

Heck, even using actual instruments can upset people. Bob Dylan got hell when he went electric.

As long as you use passion in your music, technology won't be just something you lean on. As soon as it becomes all about programming hits, I lose interest. There's a lot of electronic music out there that's good. But we're not talking most mainstream pop...at least not in my opinion. LMFAO does not equal 'music', imo.

Any band who can make a great record on a tape machine in this decade has my vote! Pardon me if I'm 'rockist',lol.