Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

Jeez, what are you worrying about? So what Ninja's and Samurai's are Japanese and not Chinese? It's almost the same as saying that Paradise or The Scientist aren't correct. An elephant can't ride a bike!! and people can't walk and sing in reverse!!:laugh3:

I'm actually getting sort of excited how this video's gonna look like, it could either be a total flop or a really great one. The only thing I'm worried about is that I haven't seen Guy, Will or Jonny anywhere :inquisitive:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tash if Coldplay were logical Mylo Xyloto would have remained a figment of Chris Martin's sleeping-pill-induced dreams

Don't think about it and just ride the flow mannnnn

But anyway, I will not rant any further. Fact of the matter is that we aren't going to see the video for a few months and we shouldn't judge until we see it.

But dear God, it looks so bad.

You're both so right... :\

This is the first time I saw the pictures, I thought people were joking about this.

All I can say is:

What the fuck.

It looks like they are just throwing everything stereotypically "Asian" into a video.

What does the concept of the story actually have to do with Asia? The only "Asian" thing about the song is the riff. The story and Mylo Xyloto as a whole have nothing to do with this. I didn't like the Charlie Brown video, but at least it made sense with the themes of the record.

Japan is not the same thing as China. This is like saying the USA and Germany are exactly the same country because they both contain mostly white people. It's nonsense. China and Japan are actually very different nations that have thousands of years of separate, unique history and have shed a lot of blood fighting each other.

I think Chinese people would be incredibly frustrated with this. It would be like someone making a video about France and containing nothing but German icons.

Sadly, it won't matter, as many will swallow it all up and beg for more, however inaccurate and odd

I find this whole thing strange considering Chris' edumacations in History (correct me if I'm wrong there)

Sadly, it won't matter, as many will swallow it all up and beg for more, however inaccurate and odd

I find this whole thing strange considering Chris' edumacations in History (correct me if I'm wrong there)

Oh I'm sure Chris (and most people on the set) are aware that some of the costumes and tones are Japanese.

The disturbing thing is they don't care.

I am just gritting my teeth and praying that it doesn't end up looking like an 8th grade drama performance with the theme: "Asia".

Oh I'm sure Chris (and most people on the set) are aware that some of the costumes and tones are Japanese.

The disturbing thing is they don't care.

I am just gritting my teeth and praying that it doesn't end up looking like an 8th grade drama performance with the theme: "Asia".

I'm praying with you but I cannot imagine they don't care. They're not that stupid.

You consider graffiti 'badboy'? Lots of my mates do graffiti and it looks awesome. it's about expressing yourself and living your life. So is going partying. it's what young, careless free people do. not 'badboy' ****s.

+ PrincessOfChina (song) has NOTHING to do with sex. All the previous MX videos have been related to the song. Princess of China won't be Rhianna giving Chris a handjob CLEARLY. ignorant much?

Ok, where I come from grafitti is against the law, so bad boy stuff. And I didnt say they were having sex, I said a sexy woman in the clip. The only woman I can remember in one of thier clips was scientist and she's certainly no rhianna. Thirdly, it was my opinion. I am intitiled to it. Ignorant much?

This is the first time I saw the pictures, I thought people were joking about this.

All I can say is:

What the fuck.

It looks like they are just throwing everything stereotypically "Asian" into a video.

What does the concept of the story actually have to do with Asia? The only "Asian" thing about the song is the riff. The story and Mylo Xyloto as a whole have nothing to do with this. I didn't like the Charlie Brown video, but at least it made sense with the themes of the record.

Yes, but of course all those elephants are the pets of the characters on the story, right? :D

As a Chinese, i must say, yeah, i'm very frustrated. The people in the pics are no Chinese elements. Thanks to the people who understand the difference between Jap and Chn. I know it's a shame for our country that can't bring the band in, the MV shooting or the shows. But it's not we fans here can do.

The gov does so.

I was very looking forward the PoC video, but it may turn out to be a Asian or Jap video, without no Chinese sense.

Whatever, I still love my Coldplay.

Yes, but of course all those elephants are the pets of the characters on the story, right? :D

I think whatever the form/external appearance (elephant costume, giraffe costume or whatever costume) is, the Paradise video fits the concept behind the song (basically, the sense of feeling hopeless and misplaced and sudenly finding your paradise, your own source of solace - that's what happens to the elephant; it could be a bloody giraffe, the core idea would still be the same).

The question is, as far I as understand the matter, is how these people in the pictures fit in in a song called 'Princess of China' and in the overall idea of the album.

^I don't know, because it would suggest one of them are the bad guys, and it won't be nice for the country (and the fans). :|

Except if everyone dies in the end:wink3:

LOL

Look, we live in a world in which every county has good and bad people. You will just see one good and one bad if you want to, and unfortunately we know many people WANT to see things on their music/videos nowadays just to criticize (not speaking about anyone specifically).

I think whatever the form/external appearance (elephant costume, giraffe costume or whatever costume) is, the Paradise video fits the concept behind the song (basically, the sense of feeling hopeless and misplaced and sudenly finding your paradise, your own source of solace - that's what happens to the elephant; it could be a bloody giraffe, the core idea would still be the same).

The question is, as far I as understand the matter, is how these people in the pictures fit in in a song called 'Princess of China' and in the overall idea of the album.

If you understand the lyrics, you understand the fitting. It's just a metaphor about "how life could be if...". And about the pictures, not every single video needs to express exactly what the song says. Have you watched the Paradise Alternative version by Shinola? It's basically telling what the song Paradise says. And it's extremely boring. Other examples: Strawberry swing doesn't have "people moving all the time inside a perfect straight line" following what the song says, nor Life In Technicolor II, nor Shiver. Hope you get my point.

All I can say is:

What the fuck.

Japan is not the same thing as China. This is like saying the USA and Germany are exactly the same country because they both contain mostly white people. It's nonsense. China and Japan are actually very different nations that have thousands of years of separate, unique history and have shed a lot of blood fighting each other.

I think Chinese people would be incredibly frustrated with this. It would be like someone making a video about France and containing nothing but German icons.

--

But anyway, I will not rant any further. Fact of the matter is that we aren't going to see the video for a few months and we shouldn't judge until we see it.

But dear God, it looks so bad.

yes but better peace .

I will offer a rare Japanese tea to the saleswoman Chinese who have his Chinese shop where there are Chinese tea . (because she does not know the Japanese tea much). I'm stupid ?

yes to new year she gave me a gift a small Chinese lucky cat. to set on mobil phone.

I have to admit! I dont much care if its Japan or China ! Its Coldplay! And I think judging from the photos Chris looks like he is having fun! And If CHRIS has fun, I think we will all have fun! I like rihanna's white jumpsuit ! Maybe it wont be that bad! We can be optimistic!

If you understand the lyrics, you understand the fitting. It's just a metaphor about "how life could be if...". And about the pictures, not every single video needs to express exactly what the song says. Have you watched the Paradise Alternative version by Shinola? It's basically telling what the song Paradise says. And it's extremely boring. Other examples: Strawberry swing doesn't have "people moving all the time inside a perfect straight line" following what the song says, nor Life In Technicolor II, nor Shiver. Hope you get my point.

No, there is no need for lyrics and video to perfectly match. Still, it would make more sense, if you try to make a video with a story (unlike the Shiver video, where the band is just performing the song), that the video, somehow, matches the abstract concept of the song. I'm saying it's more reasonable, I'm not saying this a rule. Besides, if it is boring or not, that's another question

I do get your point, thank you, it just doesn't mean I have to agree with you or you have to agree with me. That's the whole point of a forum: debate and contrast ideas without things getting overheated.

Chris: "I've got a GREAT idea! We're gonna have fun! This should be a ninja story, and we're going to save a geisha" :wacko:

What someone should have answered: "Dude. The song is Priness of China. It doesn't have to be Asian-themed anyway, but if you want to, at least get your country right." :|

:bomb:

42882910.jpg

48525610.jpg

52706210.jpg

53056310.jpg

53092010.jpg

53141110.jpg

53981910.jpg

54223810.jpg

306497_267274543357770_140197269398832_596349_1194803476_n.jpg

SNF25BIZC-_1477267a.jpg

wow Coeurli we see Chris Martin hero in a great movie of action history............ :o :wideeyed: :dance:

So it makes me watching the movie Geisha .

No, there is no need for lyrics and video to perfectly match. Still, it would make more sense, if you try to make a video with a story (unlike the Shiver video, where the band is just performing the song), that the video, somehow, matches the abstract concept of the song. I'm saying it's more reasonable, I'm not saying this a rule. Besides, if it is boring or not, that's another question

I do get your point, thank you, it just doesn't mean I have to agree with you or you have to agree with me. That's the whole point of a forum: debate and contrast ideas without things getting overheated.

Totally agree.

I don't know why everyone is so worried that this is more Japanese than Chinese. The song has nothing to do with china, other then the title. Plus, like someone else already said, we don't know the story yet, and it's very possible China will be in it. Don't judge it till you see it.