✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

The thing is, it either should be Chinese-themed, or not related to Asia at all. Since they're in the same part of the world, doing something Japanese-themed for a song called Princess of China suggests a confusion between the two.

It would have been totally fine if it wasn't related to China at all.

Or Chinese/Japanese stereotypical... if they want to. Look Chris is a very clever person. We all know he studies the thematic of the Coldplay's albuns. I'm sure he wouldn't make such a mistake. Anyway, let's ask Oracle and see what she has to say about it...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Chinese/Japanese stereotypical... if they want to. Look Chris is a very clever person. We all know he studies the thematic of the Coldplay's albuns. I'm sure he wouldn't make such a mistake. Anyway, let's ask Oracle and see what she has to say about it...

I know he is clever. They all are. What's disturbing is that they don't seem to care about that difference; they know it, yet they do it anyway. It's quite disrespectful to some people.

But these are only glimpses, and we don't know the whole thing, so what I say is just a supposition and we can't (shouldn't) really judge til we see the video. Which will probably be in a while.

I think we going a bit too far, you know? Because all we've seen is pictures of actors whose costumes and etc seem to be indeed Japanese-related. But:

First of all, it's just pictures outside of the actual set. Second, we haven't seen it all: who knows what else may come in the video that wasn't pictured in the photos we've seen?

Yes, I know anything non-Chinese-related and anything that resembles some Asian-stereotypical stuff is highly suspicious. Still, it is not information fundamental enough for us to make a fuss about it.

No offense intended at anyone. I'm just saying that we are better off just keeping calm before actually checking the video :)

probably not intelligent as Chris, and Chris is more respectable with the fans .

and RiRi is not stupid and prefer Chris.

Ashton playing TV reality with his ex wife in past on facebook with the fans for made more money is crap . (good publicity)

Princess Leia costume inspiration of the Roman Empire .

and is well costumes Japanese more modern on POC in a world Japan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64FqRlvPbAg]Madonna - Paradise (Not For Me) Full HQ - YouTube[/ame]

I hope it'll be done tastefully, like this.

xD

PoC is basically a pretty melancholic song, with a big fat beat slapped onto it.

Hold On Already!

People, so much negativity over something that is basically someone's artistic idea...? This is a VIDEO for gosh sakes, let's enjoy whatever the guys have decided.....You will either like it or you won't, but I guarantee the world will keep spinning. If I had been told weeks in advance that Coldplay in elephant suits was to turn into one of their instant classics, I probably would've scratched my head and said Hmmmmm......when in reality, Chris' rather spur-of-the-moment vision is one of their best ever (IMO of course)..... I for one can't wait to see POC results and be damned with the political correctness, racist remarks, rather boring critiques based on a few photos and literally something that doesn't even exist quite yet. It's ART folks, and this is COLDPLAY......nothing more needs saying. Relax and learn to enjoy the simple things with a touch of humor and the sheer joy that being a COLDPLAYER brings to our lives. There's no one else like them on the planet, that's why we love 'em!

:facepalm: can't we just wait?...

Fangirl.gif

:lol:

I applaud you good sir. And yes, wait bitches.

And btw the lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with China, neither does the music, or very minimally. So depicting Chinese culture accurately is not that vital, although it is disrespectful to mix China and Japan. The worse thing would be if all the ninjas would start dancing and stuff LOLOLOL even though it's a "sad" song. Chris already acts like Eminem when he sings it live. :D

PoC video already looks better than CB video

I concur.

But so far I have absolutely no idea how they will pull it off. Like, is it going to have a storyline? How are Chris and Rihanna going to interact? And it can't have a happy ending. So the mission of the ninjas and their leader Chris Skywalker to save the Princess who he dumped has to be unsuccessful. So very confusing. :huh: And that director's previous work doesn't look promising. Ugh. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic. It certainly looks interesting.

But so far I have absolutely no idea how they will pull it off. Like, is it going to have a storyline? How are Chris and Rihanna going to interact? And it can't have a happy ending. So the mission of the ninjas and their leader Chris Skywalker to save the Princess who he dumped has to be unsuccessful. So very confusing. :huh: And that director's previous work doesn't look promising. Ugh. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic. It certainly looks interesting.

you meant that Chris is now doing in this video or our area here?

just example CB have many young fans from here too dance on this clip. and the fans from here not love this video?

coldplaying always here. and the fans here never looking coldplay really ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rYmzQ8C9Q&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Christmas Lights - YouTube[/ame]

why the fans talking showbiz, famous coldplay here for POC ?