✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how rare these 2 CDs are....

Hey hey fellow Coldplayers :)

I have recently been eBaying a lot, and have now found myself in possession of 2 new Coldplay CDs.

One is called "Brothers & Sisters" (which I am sure you are aware of)

The other is "X&Y - Interview".

Both are still in the cellophane wrapping that they were originally sold in, and I am really eager to listen to them (X&Y - Interview especially). However, I am not sure how common these 2 CD's are?

For example, if I (in my wildest dreams) came across a Safety EP that was unopened, I would be well aware not to touch it, and just to have the band sign it. However, I am not sure how rare "Brothers & Sisters" and "X&Y - Interview" actually are. To put my question simply (bare in mind I never plan on reselling these items) is it worth opening them both for a listen?

P.S I already have a digital copy of Brothers and Sisters anyway.

Woah. Care to share how much you've paid for it?

my boyfriend bought it as a present for me, along with the Shiver single and the trouble single.

It wasn't even for anything, we were out for dinner one night and he was "oh I got you something, here you go". He said it was a bit, but I don't even know.

He doesn't even like coldplay.

Anyone know what they're worth? (btw, he doesn't mind he asking :laugh3:)

X&Y Interview disc is seen now and again, it usually goes for around £10.

The original brothers and sisters is not really that rare, and can be picked up for not much money.

If anyone else fancies a copy of the original UK edition, you can get one here: [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00004WCQ8]Brothers and Sisters: Amazon.co.uk: Music[/ame]

X&Y Interview disc available here: http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=333723

:-)

Maybe the X&Y interview is something like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJEMjk49KqI]Coldplay X&Y - YouTube[/ame]

If this is it, the interview is featured on a dvd that is included in the so-called Latin American special edition of X&Y. (I say 'so-called' because EMI released it when Coldplay came here when the Twisted Logic tour was kinda "officially" over, but they didn't bother to add subtitles, not even in Spanish.) I think there are other 'special editions' with the same extra dvd (which includes all the b-sides and videos from this era).

Anyway, it's possible to find the whole interview on youtube (the video I posted is just an excerpt from it), if this is the interview you're talking about.

edit - sorry, I'm assuming it's a dvd, but it may be the case the interview-thinggie you're talked about has nothing to do with what I posted.

also proud of the fact i used a picture of the cd i own. just saying.

:wacky:

omg I have it too :awesome:

I bought it on ebay, it was sold with Yellow, Shiver and Trouble. The whole cost me not more than 25€ :awesome:

And I agree with Rafael. I mean, a CD is made to be played, isn't it ? If it was the Safety EP, I may suggest you to keep it unopened, but otherwise...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I'm going to put some time in ùy website again (got kinda bored of it since I stopped collecting (if anyone wants to buy something off me, PM me) ).

Problem is now that I don't have any knowledge of the recent releases. I think I got it up to Charlie Brown. Anyone wanna give me an update of what PoC and HLH releases there are?

Okay so I'm going to put some time in ùy website again (got kinda bored of it since I stopped collecting (if anyone wants to buy something off me, PM me) ).

Problem is now that I don't have any knowledge of the recent releases. I think I got it up to Charlie Brown. Anyone wanna give me an update of what PoC and HLH releases there are?

Welcome back! I've got a PoC Euro promo that I can give you scans of if you like. It and the new HLH promos are pressed CDs (not CD-Rs).

Hi,

Yeah those scans would be welcome. I only have them up to Charlie Brown and I missed out on all the japanese stuff and those remixes promos whatever so if anyone can help me out, that's be cool. I'm going to try to get a head start on the website now, because I'll be busy again very soon.