✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a nice addition, especially because it is the X&Y album.

That must have been waiting for you to come and buy it. :x&y:

Yeah right, that's really amazing that it's X&Y. When I went to the shows last spring and summer I always had a booklet of X&Y with me to have it signed in case I got to meet the band somehow, because it has the strongest personal meaning for me.

Well, maybe I should take this booklet with me from now on and see if I can complete the missing 2 out of 4 within my lifetime :)

• Like 3

Hey guys. I collect Coldplay promos and mainly post on Reddit about them. You can see the last thread and my collection here: [MEDIA=reddit]path=%2Fr%2FColdplay%2Fcomments%2F52g076%2F[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/52g076/coldplay_promo_collection_and_more/

I believe I may have just tracked down one of the rarest of recent times... I've got hold of an Up In Flames promo!

Will post an update to Reddit when it arrives :)

• Like 4

Hey guys. I collect Coldplay promos and mainly post on Reddit about them. You can see the last thread and my collection here: [MEDIA=reddit]path=%2Fr%2FColdplay%2Fcomments%2F52g076%2F[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/52g076/coldplay_promo_collection_and_more/

I believe I may have just tracked down one of the rarest of recent times... I've got hold of an Up In Flames promo!

Will post an update to Reddit when it arrives :)

Very nice collection!

And congratulations with the Up in Flames promo.

I have seen it appearing on eBay a few times but usually it is at a ridiculous high price.

Question for anyone who has The Scientist 7" ... I bought one of Discogs fairly recently because I'm trying to get my small handful of very favorite songs on 7 inches and this was a must-have. I don't even listen to 7 inches much, I mostly have it as a collector thing even though I don't collect much (I really, really want to, esp looking at the stuff people post here, but have to stop myself lol). But I do play them occasionally and to be honest, this one sounds pretty bad. I mean it's just very muddy and "loud", particularly noticeable on the vox. Is this typical for this record? It's not the only record I have that sounds iffy now so I'm also wondering if it might be my player, or if it's actually a lousy pressing. If it's the latter, is there any way I can find one that isn't?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to ask a question about the Talk 7", for anyone who has it or knows about it. According to Discogs, it's Limited Edition, and in the release history comments someone said they labelled it as such because it was said to be limited in some "NME ad". Can anyone verify this or does anyone know about it, if it's really limited at all?

I'd like to ask a question about the Talk 7", for anyone who has it or knows about it. According to Discogs, it's Limited Edition, and in the release history comments someone said they labelled it as such because it was said to be limited in some "NME ad". Can anyone verify this or does anyone know about it, if it's really limited at all?

I have it, but I don't think there was a release with NME. (I don't see that mentioned on Discogs though?)

The Violet Hill 7" single was a free gift with a NME issue.

I have made you some pictures of the labels on the sleeve :

1486321187251.thumb.jpg.ef6185b2f74a900b5088f85c7b629db2.jpg

1486321194355.thumb.jpg.a072d85f5e2b46e43a4af43abd9bdefb.jpg

1486321203952.thumb.jpg.d2abb0b078bc84604418188136040232.jpg

Question for anyone who has The Scientist 7" ... I bought one of Discogs fairly recently because I'm trying to get my small handful of very favorite songs on 7 inches and this was a must-have. I don't even listen to 7 inches much, I mostly have it as a collector thing even though I don't collect much (I really, really want to, esp looking at the stuff people post here, but have to stop myself lol). But I do play them occasionally and to be honest, this one sounds pretty bad. I mean it's just very muddy and "loud", particularly noticeable on the vox. Is this typical for this record? It's not the only record I have that sounds iffy now so I'm also wondering if it might be my player, or if it's actually a lousy pressing. If it's the latter, is there any way I can find one that isn't?

I have the 7", but I don't have a record player anymore, so I can't tell how it sounds. [emoji4]

Do you have the one with the barcode on?

1486321587318.thumb.jpg.98f0ceee2b823c69cf81a776eb71deb3.jpg

There is also a version that is part of The Singles box, I've read somewhere that the quality of some of those vinyls isn't that great.

I have it, but I don't think there was a release with NME. (I don't see that mentioned on Discogs though?)

The Violet Hill 7" single was a free gift with a NME issue.

I have made you some pictures of the labels on the sleeve :

[ATTACH=full]6703[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6704[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6705[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the reply, I do have the 7". Bought it recently through Discogs and was curious about the supposed limited-ness of it. You can see the comment in the release history by clicking the "Edit Release" button at the top-right corner of the page. It was made 7 years ago, and it says "this was limited acc to ad in NME". Tried to find something online about it but found nothing.

It is definitely the original 2005 release, not the Singles Boxset one, it directly matches the Discogs release page for it. Sounds perfectly fine.

Thanks for the reply, I do have the 7". Bought it recently through Discogs and was curious about the supposed limited-ness of it. You can see the comment in the release history by clicking the "Edit Release" button at the top-right corner of the page. It was made 7 years ago, and it says "this was limited acc to ad in NME". Tried to find something online about it but found nothing.

It is definitely the original 2005 release, not the Singles Boxset one, it directly matches the Discogs release page for it. Sounds perfectly fine.

Ah OK, now I have found that remark.

No idea.

But if it is indeed limited that is good news for us owners. [emoji4]

Hi Coldplay Collectors !

I don't know if it's the best thread to ask that but.

i'm very in love to the GS era and i'm searching some rare stuff about this era.

If some of you have lithography or other things to exchange, please can you contact me or answered me here ? I have AMAZING stuff from others era to exchange :D

Thank you !

Hi all,

so I recently bought a Paradise promo (PARADISE001) online and I'm a bit concerned about its authenticity.

It does look exactly like those pictures on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-Paradise/master/372821

However, the white font on the back of the (paper, not cardboard !) sleeve is so blurry it can barely be read, and the backside of the disc has a blue colour like one usually finds on homemade discs....Also, I have seen other Paradise promo disc pics online that are supposedly also from the UK (PARADISE001) which look completely different in design !

Can anyone who owns a PARADISE001 confirm if this is real or fake ? Thanks !

I have a question for all of you... Please tell me I'm not seeing this correctly. There's no way that the What If promo (embossed case) sold for $3-6 in multiple cases... I've seen that thing up for $225. I thought that was one of the most rare promos around. Am I just crazy or is that just a major error? Or did someone actually sell it that cheap.

https://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-What-If/release/4024832

I have a question for all of you... Please tell me I'm not seeing this correctly. There's no way that the What If promo (embossed case) sold for $3-6 in multiple cases... I've seen that thing up for $225. I thought that was one of the most rare promos around. Am I just crazy or is that just a major error? Or did someone actually sell it that cheap.

https://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-What-If/release/4024832

Well, while you can click on the date next to "last sold" to see further sale details, I guess it must be true. The two sales there were a few years ago though, and I would definitely assume that those sellers had no idea of how rare it was. But if I saw one, in mint condition going for that price, I wouldn't hesitate to get it straight away, that's for sure.