✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

yes, there is something written in Swedish on it. Clocks is promo too. The Scientist is an odd release that has In My Place live as its 2nd track (so 4 in total)

Ah yes, I have that version of TS on my whish list. [emoji4]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you collect all possible releases ? I have seen many people doing this here; my collection strategy is a bit different. I go for the release with the most tracks on it:

For example, I once had two versions of GPASUYF. One was the normal one with Murder as B-side, the other one had Politik (live) and Lips Like Sugar (live) as bonus tracks in addition to Murder. I saw no reason to keep the "normal" one in that case, because the discs in my case are not just for putting them into a corner of my room, but I want to actually want to listen to them. So a disc with two more tracks is much better for me. Thus I sold off the other GPASUYF disc. This way of thinking helps my budget a lot, but I hope I won't regret it later. :)

The only exception are promos, in that case I'm ok with just one track being on the disc.

Do you collect all possible releases ? I have seen many people doing this here; my collection strategy is a bit different. I go for the release with the most tracks on it:

For example, I once had two versions of GPASUYF. One was the normal one with Murder as B-side, the other one had Politik (live) and Lips Like Sugar (live) as bonus tracks in addition to Murder. I saw no reason to keep the "normal" one in that case, because the discs in my case are not just for putting them into a corner of my room, but I want to actually want to listen to them. So a disc with two more tracks is much better for me. Thus I sold off the other GPASUYF disc. This way of thinking helps my budget a lot, but I hope I won't regret it later. :)

The only exception are promos, in that case I'm ok with just one track being on the disc.

Not every possible release.

Usually the UK version, the European version and the promo.

Sometimes UK and Europe have different tracks.

And special issues like the ones with the picture of the band (Clocks / Yellow) or Dutch specials like Clocks (because of Mooie Ellebogen [emoji6]) and Talk.

[ATTACH]6124[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6125[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6126[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6127[/ATTACH] So, I've finally been able to start checking for duplicated, for anyone who is interested. I haven't gotten to my vinyl yet, and there might be a few more CDs to add, once I can double check some things.

Nothing crazy rare on here, but a few older items. I also attached a couple thumbnails that include general pix of the items. If you're interested in anything, let me know, and I'll try to get you better photos of those items.

AROBTTH - Holland numbered in perforated card sleeve (opened) #15605. COLDADJ001

AROBTTH - Interview CD, US promo, Capitol release. DPRO708761748222

AROBTTH - Chinese release in slip case. UPC: 9787880450477, EMI

Brothers & Sisters - Brash US release in jewel case. UPC: 677516102322/ BRH1023-2 (2 available)

Brothers & Sisters - UK Fierce Panda release in slimline case NING68CD UPC: 5020422196827

Clocks - Japanese 8-track release (4-studio, 2-live, 2-video). Still sealed. TOCP61078 UPC: 4988006813236

Clocks - US release in jewel case, 2-tracks, Capitol. UPC: 724355260826, C2 7243 5 52608 2 6

Fix You - bare acetate CD promo. 1-track edited to 3.13

Flavor of the Label - CDWK103 (alternate version of Spies)

Flavor of the Label - EMISAMP13 "You're Keeping Me Up All Night" (album version of Spies)

The Hardest Part - Japanese single release, 2-track w/OBI (sealed) UPC: 4988006840133, TOCP40189

The Hardest Part - possible Thai release? 2-track w/insert (sealed) UPC: 094636324227 (same as UK slimline, but w/Asian writing on added insert)

In My Place - US promo, Capitol, 1-track, in jewel case. DPRO708761692822

Live 2003 - Japanese release w/OBI (sealed) TOCP66270

Parachutes UK promo in blue card sleeve, Parlophone, CHUTE001

Parachutes Townhouse promo (standard track listing), Parlophone, Townhouse Post Production

The Singles - 7" box set (sealed) (2 available)

Speed of Sound - UK single release. 3-tracks. UPC: 724387262522 (sealed)

Special Live CD - Mixup/Radioactive 9/85 printing. 6-track CD in card sleeve. Parlophone/EMI Mexico

Stereo 97.7 FM - 5-track live CD, EMI Mexico, 094633839130 (2 available)

Talk (Thin White Duke Remix) promo - Capitol release, CD only

Talk - "Special Limited Edition" - 3-CD set (all three CD's included w/their respective sleeves).

Trouble - Norwegian Live EP - Parlophone - 5-track CD in jewel casing. Sealed. UPC: 0724388996327

Trouble US promo - Capitol/Nettwek America, 2-track CD (partially clear disc), sealed. DPRO70871595321

X&Y - "Special Dutch Edition" 2-CD set. UPC: 094635443622

X&Y - "Australian Tour Edition" CD/DVD set. UPC: 094636396620

X&Y - Japanese promo in oversized card sleeve, 3-track promo, TOCP-66370, PCD-3074

Yellow - EMI/Parlophone, 2-track in picture card sleeve. Sealed. UPC: 724387993327. PM110

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Not sure if this is the right place, but just wanted to gauge how collectible/ sought after Coldplay rarities are.

Basically, I have a copy of Brothers and Sisters on 7" which was signed by the band in 1999. On eBay I can't see any copies of it on 7" at all but sure they come up sometimes. With the signatures, Chris added a message wishing me luck in my exams (I was about to do A Levels) so not sure if that would make it less desirable as it's more personal?

Interested in your thoughts, thanks!

Hi all !

I'm french and i'm a big collector of coldplay singles/vinyls/ extras .... I have just found a safety Ep i'm really happy ! i have more tha 100 singles in my collection. If someone have a Atlas Promo single, i'm interested :D I just want to complete my collection ;). Maybe i will post a pic of my collection here.

Love to speak with you Coldplay's collectors from around the world ! ;)

Hi all !

I'm french and i'm a big collector of coldplay singles/vinyls/ extras .... I have just found a safety Ep i'm really happy ! i have more tha 100 singles in my collection. If someone have a Atlas Promo single, i'm interested :D I just want to complete my collection ;). Maybe i will post a pic of my collection here.

Love to speak with you Coldplay's collectors from around the world ! ;)

Cool ! Can you post pics of your Safety EP ?

Hi I Ran Away !

I don't want to post picture of any Singles for the moment sorry :/ Why do you want pic of it ?

Maybe you can come in private i will share it with you !

Have a good day Coldplayers !

Nothing in particular, I'm a collector too (but I don't have a Safety EP yet) and I was just curious :)

I am writing you a PM :D

Hello!

Not sure if this is the right place, but just wanted to gauge how collectible/ sought after Coldplay rarities are.

Basically, I have a copy of Brothers and Sisters on 7" which was signed by the band in 1999. On eBay I can't see any copies of it on 7" at all but sure they come up sometimes. With the signatures, Chris added a message wishing me luck in my exams (I was about to do A Levels) so not sure if that would make it less desirable as it's more personal?

Interested in your thoughts, thanks!

It's tough. The vinyl is rare-ish, but several copies come and go. Rockhouse is trying to sell one for over $100 (that's outlandish), but they usually go for $25-$50, depending on demand. The signature is going to really be up to the market too. I usually won't buy personalized signed stuff, unless it's an insanely rare item, or something I've been seeking for some time. If you wanted to go thru the pain of getting the autographs certified by an agency, it might appeal to more buyers, but it's not cheap, so it might not be worth the price to do that. I'd follow the "completed" listings on eBay for a few weeks, looking at both autographed items and B&S vinyl. It's what I do if I'm going to sell off stuff. Be sure to check "worldwide". Can also check out Discogs, but I think some of the people can be snobbish. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are updated photos of my collection !

The bootlegs (I'm really fond of bootlegs)...

20161127_094436.thumb.jpg.4e2777ec41068817ff1514b74afcb7b1.jpg

20161127_094500.thumb.jpg.2e6e7687f6931cae0a62d5f010fa08c2.jpg

The official releases (CD/DVD):

20161127_095955.thumb.jpg.e90cde771a295fa4712edf12a8639917.jpg

Rarer than the Safety EP, I think only 5 have ever been pressed ;)

20161127_095122.thumb.jpg.2edec2066d28892967db79d5f3a19626.jpg

The official Tour Programs (AROBTTH, Twisted Logic and AHFOD Tour):

20161127_100314.thumb.jpg.f9742b706bd956804d9ab6c66ace9ef3.jpg

20161127_095413.thumb.jpg.b1a1b992439c9a0a369abd4036d93978.jpg

• Like 6

A WARNING SIGN

As for many Coldplay Record/CD collectors, having a copy of the SAFETY EP is like a dream to come through, so it is mine.

But I have discovered that there are some good FAKE Safety EPs being offered on eBay lately.

You all probably know that an authentic CD has to have the "1963-01HG HGCD633 HILTONGROVE" serial code printed on the back of the CD.

And there is an extra number "8051315".

I believed that it was impossible to falsify this code, but looks like there are some people who are able to do it.

The font is different from the authentic CD though, and that is a way to see if it is fake.

Here is an examble of that fake code:

upload_2016-12-2_10-30-25.thumb.png.db4eadf75863682a1051b82867857609.png

If you compare it with a genuine copy:

upload_2016-12-2_10-33-3.png.b5e66a504f96757bc57ac88239c97778.png

you can see that the font is different, especially the number.

And there is also a larger space between the "silver" line/block and the text.

I have contacted Coldplay in order to know if it is possible that there is more than 1 version and Debs Wild has confirmed to me that her Safety CD has the font of the second photo and there isn't another version.

So, the only thing I can conclude is that the other one is indeed a fake CD.

There is a fake one on sale on eBay right now:

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Coldplay-Safety-EP-CD-3-Tracks-1-of-500-RARE-/201727367193?hash=item2ef7e35819:g:EBcAAOSwB09YNe4E

and this is a previous one:

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/291858638944

So people, be careful.

Debs also sent me a link to this article, which is very useful in how to detect a counterfeit / fake CD:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/How-to-Spot-Fake-CDs-especially-rare-ones-/10000000006386863

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Another thing about the fake Safety EP:

In the inner plastic cycle you can see a code IFPIPH02.

I have done some research on that as well and it is a "SID".

SID codes (Source Identification Codes) were introduced in 1994 by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) in order to help combat piracy. The mastering SID code is usually found in the matrix area/mirror band of a CD. The mould SID code is usually found in the mould/hub of a CD molded into the plastic of the disc.

More info (eg) : https://www.discogs.com/help/doc/submission-guidelines-release-barcode

I have been looking for IFPI PH02. IFPI is not distributing lists of those codes, but I have found some on the WWW.

upload_2016-12-2_15-50-32.png.95cb6a9f6d5862fc4a9e09eda79a6545.png

According to this the disc on which Safety EP was printed has its origins in Malaysia.

Looks fishy.

Any thoughts on this and my previous post?

( I know there a few owners of the Safety EP on this forums)

• Like 2

Can't you report this item to ebay before some poor devil pays 419 Euros for this "self-release" in the truest sense of the word ?

I mean, you have got proof after all should ebay want to investigate.

• Like 1

Can't you report this item to ebay before some poor devil pays 419 Euros for this "self-release" in the truest sense of the word ?

I mean, you have got proof after all should ebay want to investigate.

Looks like he has made a victim.

Someone has bought it for 299€. [emoji53]

Looks like he has made a victim.

Someone has bought it for 299€. [emoji53]

I have to say I actually reported this item to eBay, mainly because this guy regularly sells those fakes, but seems they ended up doing nothing...!

Well, it's not in ebay's interest to investigate (also, i guess it's difficult to prove) and/or possibly shut stuff down. After all, they make 10% of every transaction, fake or not.

Let's just hope the person who bought it knows it's fake...at that price at least, you gotta know something is wrong. I mean, it's way off the "regular price", I hope people are not foolish enough to believe there are these kind of "bargains" lying around !