✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

what about a Paradise CD-R ? I have two, one with silver and one with white label. Do you know anything about them ?

On this website you can find information about the different versions.

https://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-Paradise/master/372821

You probably have the European version + the Japanese? Although that is also a white one.

If possible add pictures.

Here are updated photos of my collection !

The bootlegs (I'm really fond of bootlegs)...

[ATTACH=full]6329[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6330[/ATTACH]

The official releases (CD/DVD):

[ATTACH=full]6328[/ATTACH]

Rarer than the Safety EP, I think only 5 have ever been pressed ;)

[ATTACH=full]6331[/ATTACH]

The official Tour Programs (AROBTTH, Twisted Logic and AHFOD Tour):

[ATTACH=full]6333[/ATTACH]

Hi, I have some questions about this:

1. In the second picture, on the bottom middle one, 05 and 06 say Speed of Sound I and II respectively. Why is that? Is there some sort of alternate version of the song I am not aware of?

2. On the same one, 13 says "Once I Love". Is this the song "One I Love" but with a typo, or is it a completely different Coldplay song I don't know of yet? Or is it a cover like You Only Live Twice?

3. I notice in the third picture that you have two copies of the Trouble single. I know the red one, but how did you get your hands on the blue one? I've never seen it before.

4. In the same picture, directly below your Yellow single, I notice one just saying "Coldplay Parachutes" and nothing else, no special artwork or anything. What is it? I haven't seen that before either.

5. Right beside the X&Y one in the same pic still, there another one but with a picture I do not again recognize...

Great collection btw :)

So sick that people have to make fake copies of rare items like Safety CD to make tons of money. Its terrible to hear that someone has made tons of money off it and the other person now has given up so much money all for an illegitimate CD. Stuff like this gotta be stopped. Some people are wayyyyy too greedy nowadays. And it isn't just this tons of things that individuals can do and large corporations alike, it sickens me. To many problems in the world...

We all know having Safety CD gives massive bragging rights. Sucks some people do and don't even realize it's a fake... :(

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

Hi, I have some questions about this:

1. In the second picture, on the bottom middle one, 05 and 06 say Speed of Sound I and II respectively. Why is that? Is there some sort of alternate version of the song I am not aware of?

2. On the same one, 13 says "Once I Love". Is this the song "One I Love" but with a typo, or is it a completely different Coldplay song I don't know of yet? Or is it a cover like You Only Live Twice?

3. I notice in the third picture that you have two copies of the Trouble single. I know the red one, but how did you get your hands on the blue one? I've never seen it before.

4. In the same picture, directly below your Yellow single, I notice one just saying "Coldplay Parachutes" and nothing else, no special artwork or anything. What is it? I haven't seen that before either.

5. Right beside the X&Y one in the same pic still, there another one but with a picture I do not again recognize...

Great collection btw :)

So sick that people have to make fake copies of rare items like Safety CD to make tons of money. Its terrible to hear that someone has made tons of money off it and the other person now has given up so much money all for an illegitimate CD. Stuff like this gotta be stopped. Some people are wayyyyy too greedy nowadays. And it isn't just this tons of things that individuals can do and large corporations alike, it sickens me. To many problems in the world...

We all know having Safety CD gives massive bragging rights. Sucks some people do and don't even realize it's a fake... :(

Thanks !

1. No, according to a description I found in the internet, SOS I is just a "wrong start" to the song, which was then restarted. I haven't been able to hear for myself though:This disc is unfortunately so damaged and scratched that all tracks after the third one are unreadable ! I am still hoping to repair it somehow because this concert isn't available anywhere on the internet.

2. Typo (very common on bootlegs...) - it's supposed to be One I Love

3. The blue one is the Trouble Norwegian Live EP

4. Parachutes Promo

5. X&Y Special Dutch Edition (has an extra CD with all the B-sides of the Era)

Thanks !

1. No, according to a description I found in the internet, SOS I is just a "wrong start" to the song, which was then restarted. I haven't been able to hear for myself though:This disc is unfortunately so damaged and scratched that all tracks after the third one are unreadable ! I am still hoping to repair it somehow because this concert isn't available anywhere on the internet.

2. Typo (very common on bootlegs...) - it's supposed to be One I Love

3. The blue one is the Trouble Norwegian Live EP

4. Parachutes Promo

5. X&Y Special Dutch Edition (has an extra CD with all the B-sides of the Era)

1. That's unfortunate. Hopefully you get to watch it somehow sometime...

All others, thanks for the clarification :)

Thanks !

Have you tried the toothpaste? I'm curious to know if that works [emoji4]

Have you tried the toothpaste? I'm curious to know if that works [emoji4]

Believe it or not, but I have been postponing it because I got busy in life and didn't want to do it in a rush. Will have time to try these days though.

I really hope this disc and thereby this concert bootleg can be saved.

@cp3176 - it's only for listening, but still :)

• Like 1

Believe it or not, but I have been postponing it because I got busy in life and didn't want to do it in a rush. Will have time to try these days though.

I really hope this disc and thereby this concert bootleg can be saved.

@cp3176 - it's only for listening, but still :)

Maybe try it out first on an old Cd that you don't really need anymore. Scratch that up and see what the toothpaste does.

So I just carefully tried to get rid of the scratches using the toothpaste method according to Youtube videos and the internet, and it changed...exactly nothing. I'm so sad because it was part of an auction of a bunch of CDs on ebay, most of which are from other bands I don't care about, and I just bid on that bunch of discs because this Coldplay X&Y Era bootleg was part of it. And all the other discs are fine, just that one is damaged even though the seller assured they all "play perfectly" !

Every track after track 3 is completely unreadable !

This is how it looks like:

20161222_005401.thumb.jpg.4ca558b443cbb82cb8b645737b0dffc6.jpg

20161222_005409.thumb.jpg.e6ef9e1dc9214339111c2dad32e168b3.jpg

Since there are a lot of disc collectors in this thread - can anyone help ? Does anyone have a suggestion how to repair this ? :pensive:

• Like 1

Oh dear, that doesn't look good

Yes, I don't even know what the previous owner did to this disc ! I mean, I can understand a few scratches through regular use (as most used discs have, and those do not impair the function), but this disc looks like it has been attacked with a knife or something ! :mad:

• Like 1

Well, I feel like it's time to finally show my updated collection. A little pre-Christmas update :)

Anyways, I'll just show off pictures of what I have for each era! I hope that they all can fit in this post lol

Also, I'll put a written text of what I have as well and if they're sealed or not! :D

Well... Here goes nothing! (well, I'll have to do a second post with the rest of the images)8y.thumb.jpg.1eddff19731fd02730d07d9d11a36e0a.jpg

1y.thumb.jpg.337b122b1c425b39edb70ef9e105a083.jpg

2y.thumb.jpg.dc2dde23e52b065ba9a32eae5ecb25f1.jpg

3y.thumb.jpg.786d8d2d45f7c99b944ac07917c9e613.jpg

4y.thumb.jpg.ec67dc3661ed203bc931c2f4691eb869.jpg

5y.thumb.jpg.2d63b707a6a6c95f09dac81f6e21d707.jpg

6y.thumb.jpg.f5a38d7d88914826b9deadb1992352da.jpg

6y2.thumb.jpg.3838dcbd6bf5cac9312a34506fc43723.jpg

6y3.thumb.jpg.6f60ed21184476e54f7cbc7b16e682ae.jpg

7y.thumb.jpg.2741949025dd44d332789cca08d6cc44.jpg

• Like 3

Forgot to mention that a lot of these are still sealed! (All of them are also placed in protective plastic sleeves)

Would anyone want to give/sell me an Ink single lol...

So you didn't even take them out to have a look or play?

I'm way to curious to do that. [emoji4]

What is the difference in those top 4 AHFOD albums?

And the 2 blu ray versions? The middle one is the Australian release, that's clear.

Oh wow that's honestly amazing just curious but where do you buy the singles from?

I buy anywhere from Amazon, Discogs, and eBay. Mostly eBay, however.

So you didn't even take them out to have a look or play?

I'm way to curious to do that. [emoji4]

What is the difference in those top 4 AHFOD albums?

And the 2 blu ray versions? The middle one is the Australian release, that's clear.

Some of them were gifted to me or came in packages that I ordered (Say a three 3CD lot or something) and they are sealed. The two Blu-Ray audio ones are just a better quality sound if you have a Blu-rey surround-sound system.

This is my singles collection:

Sooooo, would you want to sell me one of those Ink singles? ;) lol If not it's okay, but I've been looking for one of those forever to show my girlfriend and give as a gift (Since that's her absolute favorite song) Also, be careful! I'm pretty sure that just about every physical copy of the AHFOD singles are false. I have not heard of a single legit copy of any of the singles unfortunately.

• Like 1

I buy anywhere from Amazon, Discogs, and eBay. Mostly eBay, however.

Some of them were gifted to me or came in packages that I ordered (Say a three 3CD lot or something) and they are sealed. The two Blu-Ray audio ones are just a better quality sound if you have a Blu-rey surround-sound system.

Sooooo, would you want to sell me one of those Ink singles? ;) lol If not it's okay, but I've been looking for one of those forever to show my girlfriend and give as a gift (Since that's her absolute favorite song) Also, be careful! I'm pretty sure that just about every physical copy of the AHFOD singles are false. I have not heard of a single legit copy of any of the singles unfortunately.

Don't worry i know that's some of them are unoffical but i like the tracklist of them, they have acoustic, vocals and instrumental very beautiful versions on them.

Sorry for INK but i don't sell any Singles of my collection :/