✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

October 29, 2012 - submitted by Mary, United Kingdom

Q. Wait. I'm so confused. So the Coldplay film is showing in select theaters? I thought you only bought it online? Please explain!

Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

Both are more than possible... you can only buy it online but you can also watch it in selected cinema. That's obviously going to depend on where you live as it's not on general release or anything.

Anchorman will provide more news about all that soon.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80cpl12.jpg

Live 2012 film to be screened in cinemas worldwide

29 October 2012 10:45 am

Film to be shown in more than 50 countries on 13 November

news_line.png

Good morning. We're pleased to report that - ahead of the release of Coldplay's concert film/live album, Live 2012, on DVD/CD/Blu-ray on 19 November - the film is to get a special one-night-only release in cinemas around the world.

More than 50 countries will screen the full feature-length film on the night of Tuesday, 13 November. Confirmed listings and links to book tickets can be found at coldplay.com/cinema now.

The countries currently confirmed to show the film are as follows: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain and UK. More countries are expected to be added soon.

CPLAY60x40POSTER949k.jpg

Anchorman

Thanks Pathe!! now theres a new list of cinema's but it's much smaller than before. The cinema I was planning to go to is not there. :(

will cost me a lot more parking costs

edit: ok, that listing on the cinema coldpay site is not correct for Holland! It's much shorter. Now I really don't understand it...

I'm confuseeed. Pathe de Kuip in Rotterdam is sold out online, at least, that's what the website says. I already bought tickets on Friday, when the site was in the air for like 2 hours, and the lady from Customer Service said they are valid (although she sounded like she was 15 and had NO clue what she was talking about).

Is there anybody else with tickets already? If so, does your tickets say 'vrije plaatskeuze' or do you have certain specified seats? Cause the other cinemas that DO have tickets available, all give you the option to select yr own seats. I didn't get that on Friday..

I found this.

AB - CALGARY - Empire Theatres Country Hills

BC - SURREY - Empire Theatres Guildford

NB - MONCTON - Empire Theatres Trinity Drive

NS - HALIFAX - Empire Theatres Bayers Lake

ON - MISSISSAUGA - Empire Theatres Square One

ON - NORTH YORK - Empire Theatres Empress Walk

ON - OTTAWA - Empire Theatres Kanata

ON - WATERLOO - Empire Theatres Waterloo

ON - WHITBY - Empire Theatres Whitby

http://www.empiretheatres.com/movie/coldplay-live-2012

Nothing in Quebec :bigcry:

Thank you. Nothing near me though.

i just went to Schauburg Cinemas (in Karlsruhe,Germany), but they were closed :| their openning hours are 14:30- 20:00 :| it was 2 degrees outside, and i walked 10 mins to go there :|

never give up!

i'll go there 2 hours later of course!

This whole iBook thing does not sit well with me. I don't like Apple products and, other than a iPod, I don't plan to buy anything else. If after buying the pop up book, the CD, 8 tickets to shows, a concert shirt and the Live 2012 BluRay, I still don't have everything, I'll be really disappointed.

But then again, I guess someone's got to support their long upcoming break. :(

:thumbsup:

I'm confuseeed. Pathe de Kuip in Rotterdam is sold out online, at least, that's what the website says. I already bought tickets on Friday, when the site was in the air for like 2 hours, and the lady from Customer Service said they are valid (although she sounded like she was 15 and had NO clue what she was talking about).

Is there anybody else with tickets already? If so, does your tickets say 'vrije plaatskeuze' or do you have certain specified seats? Cause the other cinemas that DO have tickets available, all give you the option to select yr own seats. I didn't get that on Friday..

YESSS I did it, I have got them! Booked via Pathé.nl, payed with IDeal.

2 seats at row 'C' (big chairs, lots of knee space and free drink etc.).:smug:

I am SOOOOOOO happy!!

:smug:

For the Dutch: Pathe just said that the other cinemas, that are on the coldplay cinema site but missing on pathe.nl, will be added as well..

I wonder if that will be today..

Phew I had almost given up hope because Maastricht isn't on the list (yet).:)

Coldplay's concert film/live album to get a special one-night-only release in cinemas

Coldplay Live 2012 - the band’s first concert film/live album for nine years, is to get a special one-night-only release in cinemas around the world.

More than 50 countries will screen the full feature length film on Tuesday, 13 November. Confirmed listings and links to book tickets can be found here.

The JA Digital production for EMI/Parlophone, is directed by Paul Dugdale, previously responsible for Adele’s Live at the Royal Albert Hall and The Prodigy’s World’s On Fire concert films. The film documents Coldplay’s acclaimed Mylo Xyloto world tour, which has been seen by more than three million people since it began in June 2011. Live 2012 includes footage from Coldplay’s shows at Paris’ Stade de France, Montreal’s Bell Centre and last year’s triumphant Pyramid Stage headline performance at Glastonbury Festival. The trailer for the film can be seen

Coldplay’s Chris Martin said of the film: “The Mylo Xyloto tour has been the most fun we’ve ever had as a band. It’s felt very uplifting right from the start; partly because we are proud of the music, the LED wristbands, the pyrotechnics, the lasers and all of that stuff, but mainly because of the amazing audiences that we’ve been playing for. Over the years, our crowd has become more and more a part of the concert itself. They’re loud, diverse, full of soul, and make the songs sound much better than we can on our own. We wanted to try to bottle the incredible feeling that they give us, and hence our concert film.”

Director Paul Dugdale added: “Seeing this film on the big screen highlights the epic scale of the concerts, and I’m thrilled that fans can experience Coldplay Live 2012 in fantastic visual quality with incredible sound, in cinemas full of fans. With insight from the band and a glimpse of what life on the road with Coldplay is like, this is a unique opportunity to witness Coldplay in all its cinematic glory on the big screen”

Stefan Demetriou, VP Visual Content Strategy and Acquisition at EMI Music, said “We’re delighted that we can bring the full-length version of Coldplay Live 2012 to selected cinemas around the world. The Mylo Xyloto tour is such a visual spectacle that seeing and hearing it on the big screen, and being part of this one-night-only experience along with the most passionate Coldplay fans around the world, is the next best thing to being there."

link