✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kelly Clarkson covers POC

CurtisJ

I really like that. Wow.

It makes me realize two things, however. The first being how awesome of a song it could have ended up being, if they made it without Rihanna. The second, being the song really sounds better with a duet of some kind.

I wouldn't replace Rihanna with anyone else, the song was for her in mind and her vocals suited the style. Kelly has stunning vocals but that would have been way too much power to mesh with Chris on the record.

I wouldn't replace Rihanna with anyone else, the song was for her in mind and her vocals suited the style. Kelly has stunning vocals but that would have been way too much power to mesh with Chris on the record.

Agreed.

Though I have to say I really am stunned by this cover. What a voice, and, it's different, but at least as good as the original, imo. In a way, she found depth in a song that may sound a bit shallow for a Coldplay song. Well done!

Lovely cover, she's a great singer (much better than Rihanna).

But yeah, it works better as a duet. I miss Chris' voice. Actually, this naked version made me realize how boring POC is on it's own and that the only thing I like about it is his voice. :confused:

Umm, now I'll feel weird saying that I don't like it :confused: I don't like Kelly's style of singing, I feel like I'm listening to a country song. She has a good voice, though. But now I understand why Princess was meant as a duet - it gets quite boring the other way.

As unexpected as it is even for myself, I prefer Rihanna.

Guest howyousawtheworld

It would have been better (and sounded better) if someone like Lily Allen sung on Princess of China in my opinion. Like Coldplay she started out in the Camden pubs and clubs in North London and generally would have sounded less generic and more unique.

I think I'm the last person on Coldplaying that likes Rihanna's voice and the way it fits on POC. >__<

On the other hand, I think this cover (like the acoustic EP version) once again shows that this song would've sounded a lot better if it had one less layer of synth. Kelly does a good job with it. :)

It would have been better (and sounded better) if someone like Lily Allen sung on Princess of China in my opinion. Like Coldplay she started out in the Camden pubs and clubs in North London and generally would have sounded less generic and more unique.

I actually think Rihanna is the least generic sounding female in pop music right now. I hear a song of any genre she's hopped on playing on the radio and I know it's her.

Lily Allen sounds like she's always in a daze when she sings and I'm not too fond of that style but hey that's just me.