✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the cominc book idea, think the ideas and animation is amazing... however, MASSIVELY dissapointed that the song was edited, I can never watch the video now without thinking about Jonnys solo etc that got cut!

Best song from the album and they cut it to shreds!

I really don't get how people didn't like this, I thought it was brilliant.

I'm with you, its pretty cool. And above all its weird that people seem so offended by this video, even if you don't like it, its just a harmless music video that Coldplay didn't even technically make.

Am I the only one that noticed 'Issue 0: The CAR KIDS'?

edit: Just realised that Car Kids are referenced multiple times throughout the video. Could this mean that Car Kids was just a working title for Hurts Like Heaven?

I'm with you, its pretty cool. And above all its weird that people seem so offended by this video, even if you don't like it, its just a harmless music video that Coldplay didn't even technically make.

well if anyone is "offended" by it they need to get checked out!! it is crap but i don't see how it could offend someone?!!

Don't understand all the hate. :/ First of all, this is lightyears better than both the PoC vid and the CB vid. Second, it gives us much more insight about the story Coldplay has promised us over the past year (erm, we actually know what and who the almighty car kids are now). And finally, I don't understand why people are being so cynical and saying "Bahh Humbug! They're just promoting the comics!" In a sense, you guys are right, but saying that this vid is exclusively serving the purpose of promoting the comics really degrades all the hard work put into it. While the CB and PoC vids seemed uninspired and bland, this one I really enjoyed because it actually told a story. And I loved how it ended with little mylo in his room realizing what his purpose in life is. And the little hand print ----> awesome!

I really like the video. I mean it doesn't work like a normal music video with synching music to motion and stuff but for me that's fine. I really like the glowing colors and stuff and, of course, it's great to learn more about the story. Maybe I'm biased because I like to write comics sometimes but I think the comics are a good way to give another view of the album. This is like the prequel to the album (though maybe they should have made it the Car Kids music video ;) )

It confirms many of our predictions that Car Kids is the gang and I guess by wearing the name on their clothes all the time Coldplay must be Car Kids too.:)

PS: And for everyone saying it's a commercial, that's what music videos are: commercials for songs....

PS: And for everyone saying it's a commercial, that's what music videos are: commercials for songs....

Exactly, see the opening of the promo for 'Babies' by Pulp for more information. :L

I personally wish they had fully animated it, but I can see why they did this semi-animated style. They had the technical ability, as shown by the gloopy bits during the solos and the marching shot. It's meant to be a series of kinetic, bullet-time sequences. I'm psyched for the comics, again, wish it had been fully animated, but I'm alright with this as the finished product. As said, can't wait for the comics though.

Like Speed Racer. Very divisive. ;)

Let's hope we get a b-side with this one now...

It's just so packed. It would have been better if they did this comic universe thing from the start, so it was more like a journey, and they told a proper story. Like the Gorillaz or something. They should have done this over 5 videos, not just the last one

I've a few or maybe just a couple of things about the song and the MX era, depends on how tired I really am right now haha.

Anyway, HLH is one of the few songs I like of MX so I am glad to see it got a release. Considering I got so excited for the release of MX last year and then felt so disappointed by the result, I cling to the songs I do like even more like HLH and UATW. No offense to those on this site but it even ruined Coldplaying.com for me for a long time too. So I'm glad that this track is getting heard/seen by everyone.

I do like the video, think it's a good concept but lacks a bit of detail to the story they tried to tell. I don't like the future comics due to come out though, think it's a desperate way to get more money out of fans (but that's just my opinion).

And it was mentioned in a few posts on this thread about POC being a better video and some disagreeing. All I'll say is everything about POC is utterly shit and it's the worst thing Coldplay have ever done and probably will ever do as a band.

And finally, it's good to be back on the site and hi again to everyone :) Hope I didn't piss off too many with some of that but glad to say it all haha.

Oh my god! Why did they make the video for the comics argh! You guys are so overly dramatic. So they made a music video about something other than the song. It's the end of the world. I think it's a great idea. It's what the song is all about. Coldplay is trying to do something that most people don't really do.

Brent, with all due respect, you dislike everything. Lol.

Oh my god! Why did they make the video for the comics argh! You guys are so overly dramatic. So they made a music video about something other than the song. It's the end of the world. I think it's a great idea. It's what the song is all about. Coldplay is trying to do something that most people don't really do.

It's not the end of the world, but the fact is that it's not really good and it's shamelessly promoting an stupid idea wich is just way to get even more money from fans. It won't change my mind about the album, I do really like it, but I'll just ignore it.

It's not the end of the world, but the fact is that it's not really good and it's shamelessly promoting an stupid idea wich is just way to get even more money from fans. It won't change my mind about the album, I do really like it, but I'll just ignore it.

This just doesn't make sense to me. This is one of the most creative and inventive things they've ever done. Id rather buy the mylo xyloto comic then the $200 mylo xyloto 20th anniversary remastered set that will inevitably come out sometime down the road.

Honestly, how can you think any of that is true? Do you really think Coldplay made put all this effort into storyboarding the video, comics, and album all so that they could make a marginal profit off of five dollar comics that nobody but the biggest Coldplay fans will buy? If they just wanted to make a few extra bucks, they would've just played an extra stadium show or something and made twice as much money with very little effort.

Whether or not the comic is a good idea or not is subjective, but Coldplay think it's a good idea, and if they want to promote their own ideas, why shouldn't they be allowed to?

i can't watch the videos!!!!!!!!!! it makes me really nervous i don't know why but all the pages crashes and some chrome error appears... help? :confused:

ps: after reading all the comments... i mean for what i could see i'm going to love it. i love the story behind this album, i love the idea of a comic book that express it and i'd sure love a video like this, not like any videos of nowadays ( or cb and poc... :sneaky: ) that tells a story, that shows the thoughts and the creative process that the band has been involved into... it's something for us! the fans to enjoy, the new coldplayers to discover :)