✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AROBTTH Radio 2's favourite album

Tash

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i'm betting she never heard this little song called Politik.

I agree that ultimately Coldplay may have not changed music as much as The Beatles or The Rolling Stones or David Bowie did, but damnit the album AROBTTH in itself, definitely deserved to be recognized in some way, especially as today people seem to only assume Coldplay only ever released Paradise, Viva la Vida, and maybe Yellow a long time ago.

I think people (haters) on some of the sites I've seen that say that Coldplay doesn't belong with e likes of the Beatles etc. are over reacting. This was a poll for a pretty modern radio station, not a critics only poll. Of course the modern band won, though it is important to note that the top ten was very unbiased to what generation the album was in. AROBTTH is one of the biggest albums in the 21st century, by far. In twenty years, it will considered that way and it's already started to happen.

Obviously we all love AROBTTH and rightly so, its a great album. It indicates that is was voted the listeners 'favourite' album, which again i can see, as will appeal to a wide audience.

But seriously, its not the best album ever. Maybe top 50 at a push, the list is void by having the likes of Keane and Dido in it! But as with all surveys there is always going to be a lot of hate flying around.

fantastic news. it goes to show again a rush is by far their best album. but as Coeurli said its a shame nowadays a lot of people only know paradise, viva and a few other songs.

of course its not the greatest album of time by any stretch of the imagination. but it is the radio's listeners' FAVOURITE. excellent news :)