✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coldplay have learned a lot from Mylo Xyloto era in terms of promotion and marketing. They now know that's the waiting that can give to a track the strengh to a record. We can easily compare Viva period with Mylo Xyloto one and we have the facts Viva marketing promotion was better and better.

In this case, I'm so happy Coldplay are keeping the waiting time in this way, for three reasons:

1) They are really sure the single is a smash hit

2) They're tired to use a preview to allow to listen the majority of their work without having a real feedback

3) There will be a different marketing work for the next album

The thing is, Atlas is for a movie soundtrack and not a release connected to a single or album. I'm very positive the band had no say-so in the delay of the song. Not that I totally disagree, but this song is in hands other than Coldplay's.

YEP! That is the only reason.

What I couldn't understand is why are they releasing it on a Friday here. I didn't ask because I didn't want to be the one complaining about an early release.

But I think they are releasing it on a Friday because there might be a new trailer that includes Atlas coming out on Friday Sept 6th (movies are released in Fridays here) I can't think of another (and better reason).

Called it! Apparently there is a new Catching Fire trailer coming out in 4 hours and it will include a preview of Atlas.

At this point, it's just a waiting game. I think the new trailer will include Atlas and will also be shown in movie theaters on Friday (release day)

Source: E News tweeted that they will be showing the trailer exclusively at 7pm

Hopefully with some new Coldplay playing in the background...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tonight on E! News: We have brand new <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CatchingFire&src=hash">#CatchingFire</a> footage! Tune in at 7 & 11:30 for your sneak peek!</p>— E! News (@ENews) <a href="https://twitter.com/ENews/statuses/374949755786231808">September 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

E! News has announced via their official Twitter account that they will be revealing some “brand new Catching Fire footage” tonight on their show at 7 pm ET and 11:30 pm ET! Make sure you don’t miss it!

http://mockingjay.net/2013/09/03/e-news-show-brand-catching-fire-footage-tonight/

About Atlas ? Or the preview ?

Both I'm afraid. I have a feeling I'm not going to like Atlas at all : (

I sort of want to stay up and watch the new trailer and hopefully be proven wrong but it will be 2 AM by then and I don't want to stay up that late.

edit: 1 AM

Both I'm afraid. I have a feeling I'm not going to like Atlas at all : (

I sort of want to stay up and watch the new trailer and hopefully be proven wrong but it will be 2 AM by then and I don't want to stay up that late.

Better have low expectations than unrealistically high expectations, I think :D

I get it. :nod: You can still watch the trailer in the morning when you wake up anyway, staying late is only worth it when you're super excited and impatient.