✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

As I've said, I don't want to hear the new songs until the album versions. It's just curious but at the same time absolutely normal how a lot of us can love or hate one things, just personal opinions. I remember how MX divided a lot of fans and now is happening exactly the same. And I also remember how some people loved Hurts Like Heaven in the live version and hated the album version, or the opposite with Charlie Brown If I remember well. And regarding so many bad comments I've seen about the lyrics, I have to say that I prefer a lot more some of the old lyrics, but this time they just seem to be more direct and that's all. I mean, I didn't like too much the lyrics of Magic and the lyrics of the other songs are 0k. To make a comparison, Chinese Sleep Chant also have "weak" lyrics but it's a fucking amazing song.

Echoing other coldplayer's sentiments, I too am somewhat disappointed in the 4 new tracks I've heard so far. I was absolutely confused when I heard midnight for the first time although I will admit that it didn't sound nearly as bad live last night. Magic and always in my head are ok. My favorite is another's arms. But so far I haven't loved the songs on first listen like so many other Coldplay songs (i.e. politik, scientist, fix you, talk, square one, viva, every teardrop or Charlie Brown). I hope I'm wrong and that the album gets better but as it is the album only has 9 songs. :-( I hope there are some real gems left in the tracks we have yet to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also I HATE that they already spoiled 5/10 songs, that makes the album less exciting.

I dont understand you Coldplay

I wish they hadn't done the new songs...

You could have not listened to the iTunes stream. And they might play another new song on 21 or 22 March.

...but of course I Couldn't help listen Because I have no willpower, lol.

There will probably be an EP with some new material (like Prospekt's March)

There will be enough Coldplay music, don't worry

This.:)

We can only hope. I just listened to a new rough cut of a song called "Little Sur" by John Mayer and it was incredibly beautiful. He wrote on his tumblr saying he wanted to just play music for music this year and record for his passion and not just for the record sales. I think that's what Coldplay needs to start doing. I know they are great songwriters, and they have the ability to churn out more than 9 songs in 3 years. Really hoping they release an EP soon after the album.

I'm pretty sure they could do music a lot more interesting than what they've shown so far on the same style, the whole thing sounds flat

This! I don't mind slow songs the problem is the new ones we have heard so far are flat and go nowhere. They are repetitive and sound incomplete. :-(

I think its important to note that last night was only 50 min of material. They clearly didn't play the "biggest" song on the album, and they didn't play all of their "hits" either. This was an exclusive sneak peak of their upcoming album/tour.

Coldplay spent the entire summer of 2011 playing festivals and building Every Teardrop into the anthem that it is today. Eventually this morphed into the MX tour and it was their biggest, brightest, most powerful show yet.

There's no way that Coldplay could match that energy right away. Like the last record, they will slowly build up the show as songs get released. Eventually there will be a 90 min performance that will blow your socks off. Trust Me.

I think its important to note that last night was only 50 min of material. They clearly didn't play the "biggest" song on the album, and they didn't play all of their "hits" either. This was an exclusive sneak peak of their upcoming album/tour.

Coldplay spent the entire summer of 2011 playing festivals and building Every Teardrop into the anthem that it is today. Eventually this morphed into the MX tour and it was their biggest, brightest, most powerful show yet.

There's no way that Coldplay could match that energy right away. Like the last record, they will slowly build up the show as songs get released. Eventually there will be a 90 min performance that will blow your socks off. Trust Me.

Yeah but the down-part of the tour was Up In Flames, and so far all the songs from the album have that vibe. Imagine a concert with 10/20 Up In Flames type songs... :/ Or sth.

Yeah, exactly. The amount of negativity thus far is astounding. It has just now been twenty four hours since we heard two songs, and people are acting like they've heard the entire album. Be patient, folks.

Agreed. We have to be patient. Magic seemed too stripped down at first. Now I love the simplicity of it. Performance wise Chris needs to either sit down at the piano or pick up a guitar; or figure it what to do with himself on stage. He has too much energy and had to channel it somewhere. Hope to see him as emotional and into it as he was with midnight on the edge of the stage. Love that he's literally feeling the music. That's what Coldplay is all about for me.

Yes agreed. I'm really not liking the negativity, I'm not saying you can't not like the songs, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. But we've only heard 2 studio versions and another 2 live versions of the songs, just wait until the whole album.

Imagine if, for parachutes, they released Parachutes and We Never Change and played Trouble and Sparks live. Now they are slower songs off the album but they doesn't mean every song on the record will sound the same.

If any if that makes sense?

I love the new songs...but I know Coldplay can do so much better! They are a great band Who have chosen to be average lately.

This I entirely agree with. I love the new stuff but its no rush of blood or viva! They have the potential to be much better.