✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin to be part of 29th Rock and Roll Hall of Fame annual induction ceremony (May 31, 2014)

Tash

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Stereogum:

Watch Chris Martin & Peter Gabriel Perform “Washing Of The Water” At The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction

An early highlight of last night’s Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction was Chris Martin’s words about Peter Gabriel, and the pair’s performance of Gabriel’s “Washing Of The Water.” Martin’s speech quoted from “the book of Genesis”…

And Phil The Collins said unto him, “Who are you, oh angel?” And the angel replied, “I am Gabriel.” … “Ye shall be the singer of Genesis now.” And the Phil that was called Collins was awestruck in the presence of the angel and replied, “How can this be, oh angel? I am but a humble drummer. I can’t dance. I can’t talk. The only thing about me is the way I walk.”

Etc. It was funny. There was a “Sussudio” reference. “He’s a curator and an inspirer. He helped John Cusack get his girlfriend back in the movie Say Anything,” Martin later added.

The Coldplay frontman recalled purchasing Us on cassette in the early ’90s and said “Washing Of The Water” was his favorite song. It is a beautiful, underrated Gabriel song! Martin’s take would’ve been a welcome addition to I’ll Scratch Yours.

Watch the performance below. It’s not 100% complete, but you get the idea.

[video=youtube;TuuHzlGTHm8]

http://www.stereogum.com/1675276/watch-chris-martin-peter-gabriel-perform-washing-of-the-water-at-the-rock-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/video/

From Stereogum:

Watch Chris Martin & Peter Gabriel Perform “Washing Of The Water” At The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction

An early highlight of last night’s Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction was Chris Martin’s words about Peter Gabriel, and the pair’s performance of Gabriel’s “Washing Of The Water.” Martin’s speech quoted from “the book of Genesis”…

And Phil The Collins said unto him, “Who are you, oh angel?” And the angel replied, “I am Gabriel.” … “Ye shall be the singer of Genesis now.” And the Phil that was called Collins was awestruck in the presence of the angel and replied, “How can this be, oh angel? I am but a humble drummer. I can’t dance. I can’t talk. The only thing about me is the way I walk.”

Etc. It was funny. There was a “Sussudio” reference. “He’s a curator and an inspirer. He helped John Cusack get his girlfriend back in the movie Say Anything,” Martin later added.

The Coldplay frontman recalled purchasing Us on cassette in the early ’90s and said “Washing Of The Water” was his favorite song. It is a beautiful, underrated Gabriel song! Martin’s take would’ve been a welcome addition to I’ll Scratch Yours.

Watch the performance below. It’s not 100% complete, but you get the idea.

[video=youtube;TuuHzlGTHm8]

http://www.stereogum.com/1675276/watch-chris-martin-peter-gabriel-perform-washing-of-the-water-at-the-rock-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/video/

Thank you so much for the video, it's lovely :wacky:

Also interesting to see how differently Chris acts when he's singing somebody else's song. No weird antics, no giggling, just concentrating on the song and pouring his soul into that mic lol

• 1 month later...

‘Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame’: Watch Chris Martin’s Stunning Performance

Chris Martin took the stage at the 2014 Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony, and we’ve got the video of his incredible performance.

Nirvana, KISS and more rockers were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame on April 10, 2014, and HBO is airing the entire ceremony on Saturday, May 31. Chris Martin of Coldplay, Lorde and Joan Jett all perform on the big night so get ready to rock!

The 29th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony took place on April 10, 2014 in New York City, and the spotlight is finally heading to national TV — you can catch all of the big stars from your own living room on HBO.

Coldplay’s Chris Martin performed with Peter Gabriel, as did Hall & Oates and Cat Stevens in their own big numbers.

[video=youtube;oXSSN7IigE4]

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/05/31/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-hbo-chris-martin-coldplay-performance/

i need the full hd version of this performance :x

here is a stream hosted on some website. chris is the first one on stage, so you don't have to spend a lot of time looking for it. he is very very funny! but seems some parts were edited out of his speech. too bad that we'll probably never see the full speech.

warning: open the link at your own risk. i am on a linux computer and it's ok for me.

bestreams.net/js2la3cscplg