✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Announce Promo Tour!

Interestingly enough, my level of nervousness is way lower than yesterday, even though 9am is approaching rapidly. I guess it's just the calm before the storm. :\

I'm nervous as fuck right now. Tomorrow will be barely endurable... I guess I'll take a nice long walk this evening to get down a little :bomb:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nervous as fuck right now. Tomorrow will be barely endurable... I guess I'll take a nice long walk this evening to get down a little :bomb:

I'm seriously worried about sleeping tonight. I want to be well rested tomorrow morning when it really counts but i'll probably have a bad night of sleep, being as nervous as i'm going to be. I'd hate to wake up couple of times during the night. :embarrassed:

Ahh, first world problems...

I'm really happy for the band. This is what Chris Martin talked about wanting to do after the Viva tour -- wanting to do an intimate album and play in smaller venues to take them back to when they first started. The shows in LA was a huge success, the video taping promises an imaginative and very creative show, and best of all, the music is great. I'm hoping to get to NY to see them again, but will always be thankful that they keep getting more and more creative!

88 euros? that's too much, i paid my mx ticket 55 euros in 2012, i don't think i'm going to see them this tour if they keep doing this kind of concerts at that price

Well, I guess they're doing this for two reasons

1) To keep te average joe out during and make sure only dedicated fans show up

2) To break even. E-Werk has capacity of just 2000 people. 2000 * 90 = 180.000. A regular concert has about 60.000 visitors who pay about 60 euro's per ticket. That's 3.6 million ponds. So they're already sacrificing 3.420.000 to keep the concert intimate. Then there's the wages for the roadies and technicians and the costs for travel and accommodation. So yeah, 88,90 is a lot of money but they're practically doing the show for free already. I'm sure once a big Ghost Stories tour (or a followup album tour if the rumours about a new album next year are true) starts, prices will drop to the regular 50-60 euro region.

Well, the purpose of the shows is not to make money anyway. Its to promote the album and make money through album sales, if you promote the album more you sell more and earn more.

Thats the basic concept.

Sent via Tapatalk

Well, the purpose of the shows is not to make money anyway. Its to promote the album and make money through album sales, if you promote the album more you sell more and earn more.

Thats the basic concept.

Sent via Tapatalk

6. Coldplay ($81.6 million). Although finishing sixth, Coldplay is in the enviable position of balancing its power in concert and at retail. About $40.8 million worth of concert tickets were bolstered with $35 million in CD sales and $6 million worth of 99-cent track downloads. Average ticket price: $79.87.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/53800-Coldplay-Make-81-6-million-in-2008?p=2751521&viewfull=1#post2751521

Summary: Coldplay make just as much in concerts than album sales, if not more. Not surprising considering most ppl know how to pirate.

Summary: Coldplay make just as much in concerts than album sales, if not more. Not surprising considering most ppl know how to pirate.

But they are not making (big) money with this tour. The MX tour was probably huge, money wise. The promo tour is mostly to advertise the album. Sure they earn something but not the big bucks.

Sent via Tapatalk

The only reason for the prices to be that high is that such concerts are rare and rarity always has a high price. U2 or I don't know, Beyoncé would do a small promotional tour in a very few small venues - which is something that they presumably do not do often - I'm guessing the prices would be relatively similar and we wouldn't be surprised. Coldplay are at the same level. They almost never perform in small venues anymore and they're just as big as U2 and Beyoncé. They haven't done any proper concert outside of LA -except for U1R - for over a year and a half (that's counting the Australian tour). We're surprised, and some of us disappointed because not every fan can afford it, but really it's normal for the industry. Coldplay are nice humble guys, sure they don't care that much for the money, and sure they've been quite innovative and at times generous with fans (giving music away for free for instance), but they're not ones to break all patterns in the industry. And I doubt any company organising their tour would be okay with letting them price their ticket at like 30€, even if the band wanted to.

Sure the tickets are expensive, but it's nothing surprising.

To be honest, one part of me is happy that the tickets are "expensive". Just because i hope less people will try to get tickets and my chances will increase as a result. It may not sound very friendly saying that but thats just my competitive side that really wants to go to the show.

Sent via Tapatalk

To be honest, one part of me is happy that the tickets are "expensive". Just because i hope less people will try to get tickets and my chances will increase as a result. It may not sound very friendly saying that but thats just my competitive side that really wants to go to the show.

I feel you :lol:

Those promo show ticket prices seem pretty normal to me. Coldplay is a huge band, and the venues they are playing are much smaller than normal. The demand will be through the roof. Frankly, given that I just paid $75 to see Arctic Monkeys in an arena, $125 for Coldplay in a small venue is a bargain. The secondary market will be crazy for the show unless it's ticketless.

Those promo show ticket prices seem pretty normal to me. Coldplay is a huge band, and the venues they are playing are much smaller than normal. The demand will be through the roof. Frankly, given that I just paid $75 to see Arctic Monkeys in an arena, $125 for Coldplay in a small venue is a bargain. The secondary market will be crazy for the show unless it's ticketless.

The tickets have your name on them. You need an ID to get in.

88 euros? that's too much, i paid my mx ticket 55 euros in 2012, i don't think i'm going to see them this tour if they keep doing this kind of concerts at that price

I paid $100 (~72 euros) for my ticket to the LA Sony Studios show last month and thought that was a high price at first. But when I saw how close I was to the band (1st row one day, 2nd row next day), it was definitely worth the price. You would likely never get that close in a big arena show without paying 10 times that price to a scalper. If you can afford the 88 euros and are lucky enough to get a ticket to these small shows, I think it will be an unforgettable and unique experience. It looks like these venues hold at least 2-3 times the number of people as the LA venue did, but it will still be pretty small compared to their MX tour.

I think it will be an unforgettable and unique experience. It looks like these venues hold at least 2-3 times the number of people as the LA venue did, but it will still be pretty small compared to their MX tour.

I'm pretty sure this will be a once in a lifetime experience. For me, thats worth 90€ +gas and food/parking. :)

I'm a student so 100+ € for one night is a lot of money for me but when it comes down to things like these i'm going for it. I wanna life my life to the fullest and i'd hate and couldn't stand regretting not going afterwards.

I paid $100 (~72 euros) for my ticket to the LA Sony Studios show last month and thought that was a high price at first. But when I saw how close I was to the band (1st row one day, 2nd row next day), it was definitely worth the price. You would likely never get that close in a big arena show without paying 10 times that price to a scalper. If you can afford the 88 euros and are lucky enough to get a ticket to these small shows, I think it will be an unforgettable and unique experience. It looks like these venues hold at least 2-3 times the number of people as the LA venue did, but it will still be pretty small compared to their MX tour.

Yeah, but they'll be so damn slippery to get hold of. I'm hoping there'll be a mosh pit at the London venue.

I'm pretty sure this will be a once in a lifetime experience. For me, thats worth 90€ +gas and food/parking. :)

I'm a student so 100+ € for one night is a lot of money for me but when it comes down to things like these i'm going for it. I wanna life my life to the fullest and i'd hate and couldn't stand regretting not going afterwards.

Exactly. For this I don't even mind going alone and driving to Cologne (about an hour and a half drive from my home in The Netherlands) and back if that's what it takes to get such a unique chance

I'm also a stundent, so that's a lot of money for me, but honestly i think they're actually pretty cheap considering the small amount of people getting tickets

..I also don't mind driving about 5-6 hours from munich to cologne to see them live anyway :laugh3:

Did anyone get tickets for the Cologne show? I was on the Eventim Ticket Site at exactly 9am, was able to select the tickets..then it said "unable to process request"..after refreshing the page the site said "tickets currently not available". Do you guys think some tickets will be released at a later point?