✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fly On (hidden track PRIOR to O)

Linus

Listening to the interview tonight the first "song" on the track O is a hidden track called Fly On (O is the last part, recorded with Apple and one of her friends) :)

I love it already, even though i only heard it once :heart:

Quote from below

Okay this should settle it, the two songs in the track 'O' are 'Fly On' and 'O'. 'Fly On' is the main song with the piano, 'O' is the hidden track with the synth ambient sounds and Apple and her friend. They didn't want a double name so it's just called 'O'.

Oh i actually thought fly on was O haha... I love both. But man it really turned by stomach upside down when he says he can't easily listen to it. In a 'colourfully depressing' but good way, Coldplay is back at their best

Oh i actually thought fly on was O haha... I love both. But man it really turned by stomach upside down when he says he can't easily listen to it. In a 'colourfully depressing' but good way, Coldplay is back at their best

:nod::nod::nod:

If Fly On comes before the real O, I think it's not exactly a hidden track, but a session of the song, like Green Day's Jesus of Suburbia that's divided in 5 sections:

I. "Jesus of Suburbia" (0:00 – 1:51)

II. "City of the Damned" (1:51 – 3:42)

III. "I Don't Care" (3:42 – 5:25)

IV. "Dearly Beloved" (5:25 – 6:30)

V. "Tales of Another Broken Home" (6:30 – 9:08)

(interesting fact: I'm not sure if Green Day was sponsored by VEVO before, but now they are sponsored by Warner just like Coldplay.)

Okay this should settle it, the two songs in the track 'O' are 'Fly On' and 'O'. 'Fly On' is the main song with the piano, 'O' is the hidden track with the synth ambient sounds and Apple and her friend. They didn't want a double name so it's just called 'O'.

Guest howyousawtheworld

O pulls the same trick with Always In My Head as The Escapist did with Life In Technicolor. Basically book ended the album with the same track/sound....just with a bit of sauce on the side at the end.

This. It makes perfect sense: in Fly On he sings "flock of birds, hovering above". O is mostly, you know, oohs and ambient sounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the DAAHF track is Death And All His Friends and The Escapist

I don't think jonnymax was talking about The Escapist part

School was a song written during sessions for Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends. It has never been heard, but has been viewed on a handwritten list of songs as Rainy Day/School. School was apparently used as the "quiet section" to Death And All His Friends, and Rainy Day as the part afterwards. But it was then removed from listing for unknown reasons.

http://www.wikicoldplay.com/School

I don't think jonnymax was talking about The Escapist part

http://www.wikicoldplay.com/School

I've found another description

A variation of this song was included on the Prospekt’s March EP in 2008. While it can be found as clean and polished on that EP, this version was a primitive song that evolved into part of their follow-up EP to Viva La Vida, an era for Coldplay which may be regarded as their most creative given the amount of overflow songs they simply could not fit onto their award-winning 2008 album. Just as a movie score combines several parts played throughout a movie, this song acts like a movie score in the respect where it really envelopes what VLV was all about. As you’re listing to this song, you’ll realize this is taken an extended version of track #10 “Death And All His Friends”, the alternate name for VLV. Wonderful stuff here.

And it's available to listen there (just click on the song's name).

About O/Fly On, I thought the singed part is called O and the hidden track has a different name :P But when the handwritten lyrics were found I became convinced that it's really Fly On.

Another argument for "Fly On" being the first part is that at the LA shows the setlist referred to the song as "O (Fly On)" and only the first part of the song was played there (the part that's been heard in the snippets). To me that would suggest they were specifying that only the "Fly On" part of "O' was meant to be played.

And as far as lyrical content goes the lyrics to Fly On seem to me to be clearly about the miscarriage Gwyneth has spoken of. As soon as I watched the Zane Lowe interview it really confirmed my feelings. Whether it is or not, it's such a sweetly sad and yet ultimately beautiful, hopeful song. I am impressed with Chris' wisdom and outlook no matter what the inspiration for these lyrics is.

And as far as lyrical content goes the lyrics to Fly On seem to me to be clearly about the miscarriage Gwyneth has spoken of. As soon as I watched the Zane Lowe interview it really confirmed my feelings. Whether it is or not, it's such a sweetly sad and yet ultimately beautiful, hopeful song. I am impressed with Chris' wisdom and outlook no matter what the inspiration for these lyrics is.

Miscarriage?! Please elaborate

School was the name of that initial section of DAAHF and used to be an introduction to Rainy Day, later they reworked the songs, Rainy Day became one track and the intro (called School) developed into Death And All His Friends.

• Like 1

By the way, why the hell they did that mess, it would be so much easier to just call the track Fly On/O, or just Fly On and make O an hidden track.... They just made everything even more cofusing than just having a hidden track