🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

CTHOUusWIAARe4A.jpg

-------

Edit by Sparky [Dec 2014]- Zane Lowe interview - 4th Dec - Chris announces LP7 title (thanks gai)

------------

Don't murder me for putting this thread up, but since there are rumors of a new album coming as early as next year, why not have another speculation thread, since we can never have enough of those. :D

So is this going to be GS 2, another big album, a return to a more guitar music... I think they won't abandon the electric influences, but you have to think that they will make a bigger album and it won't be MX 2, thats for sure. I'm thinking An electric Rush of Blood-like album, similar to the draws to Parachutes in GS. Probably a fair bit of guitar, synths, and heavier songs.

EDIT:

Good morning. Coldplay have today announced the global release of their seventh album, A Head Full Of Dreams, on Friday, December 4 via Parlophone Records.

The first single from the album, Adventure Of A Lifetime, is available from today to download from iTunes and stream on Spotify or Tidal.

You can also pre-order A Head Full Of Dreams now. Fans who pre-order the album digitally will receive an instant download of Adventure Of A Lifetime.

Pre-order the CD (with exclusive holographic stickers)

Pre-order the Vinyl (with exclusive holographic stickers)

Pre-order from iTunes

Pre-order from Amazon

Pre-order from Google Play

The album, recorded in Malibu, LA and London, was produced by Norwegian duo Stargate together with the band’s long-time collaborator Rik Simpson. It features more guests than any previous Coldplay record, with Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher, Tove Lo and Merry Clayton among those appearing across its 11 tracks (12 if you count the buried treasure of the hidden track X Marks The Spot).

A Head Full Of Dreams is the widescreen follow-up to 2014’s fragile and lovelorn Ghost Stories, Coldplay’s sixth consecutive worldwide chart topper, award winner and multi-million seller. The band chose not to tour Ghost Stories and headed straight back into the studio to record A Head Full Of Dreams.

Revitalised, they’ve made an album that’s bursting with energy, colour and big, life-affirming moments such as the deliciously ebullient first single Adventure Of A Lifetime and the rocket-powered Hymn For The Weekend.

Coldplay have never enjoyed making a record more than this one. Nor have they been happier with the results.

And, this time, they plan to take it around the world.

TRACKLISTING

1. A Head Full Of Dreams

2. Birds

3. Hymn For The Weekend

4. Everglow

5. Adventure Of A Lifetime

6. Fun

7. Kaleidoscope

8. Army Of One

9. Amazing Day

10. Colour Spectrum

11. Up&Up

Anchorman

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am excited at the prospect (no pun intended) of this happening. It seems that there has been a lot of speculation, and there was that report that said Ghost Stories will be experimental and dark and then they will come back with a more commercial release. I am calling bull on that report. First of all, Ghost Stories has dark songs, but overall it is an extremely mainstream, commercial and poppy release. That said, I am hoping for an EP by the end of the year.

During the Zane Lowe interview Chris mentions that they were working in that studio on "new stuff," and also that the extra target tracks will be released near the end of the summer everywhere? Does that mean we will get a Prospekt's march type EP that includes Ghost Story and All Your Friends is coming? I hope so. Overall I like Ghost Stories, but I was a bit disappointed with a lot of the tracks, so like any selfish fan I already want more :)

No ones gonna kill you, but we already have 3 threads on it and LP6 isn't even officially out yet :lol:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99366-Coldplay-to-follow-Ghost-Stories-in-2015-with-another-album

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99506-2015-LP7

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99731-Coldplay-will-be-releasing-album-in-2015

I think the consensus was its gonna be a big album; that GS was Chris getting this 'breakup energy' out of his system and LP7 is gonna be back to stadium filling tunes.

No ones gonna kill you, but we already have 3 threads on it

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99366-Coldplay-to-follow-Ghost-Stories-in-2015-with-another-album

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99506-2015-LP7

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99731-Coldplay-will-be-releasing-album-in-2015

I think the consensus was its gonna be a big album; that GS was Chris getting this 'breakup energy' out of his system and LP7 is gonna be back to stadium filling tunes.

oops :P, missed those. I suppose its best just to merge them.

Whose consensus though? Ours or those with real evidence? I don't want to give my hopes up

Just by reading all 3 threads and getting a feel for what everyone thought. Of course, everyone could be wrong. It's all guesswork at this point. We don't even know when LP7 is coming out let alone what the style would be.

Edit: +1 for correct use of 'whose'

Just by reading all 3 threads and getting a feel for what everyone thought. Of course, everyone could be wrong. It's all guesswork at this point. We don't even know when LP7 is coming out let alone what the style would be.

Edit: +1 for correct use of 'whose'

haha thanks. Well let's hope everyone is right! perhaps the sheer will of Coldplayer desires can make it a reality :inquisitive:

I'm not sure I want huge stadium songs though tbh. I want bigger songs, but MX was way over the top. A Rush of Blood had it perfect.

Yeah I am not sure what I want at this point. Ghost Stories kind of gave me that nostalgia I was looking for and also moved Coldplay towards an avenue in the electronic world that I was hoping they might avoid. I certainly don't want anymore songs like ASFOS that are trying hard to be mainstream, or songs like True Love where Chris is letting out his steam to a bland synth pop beat. I want to be surprised!

Songs like Midnight or A Spell A Rebel Yell or Death Will Never Conquer, these unique tracks that are of completely fresh sound is what I am talking about. Next, I want a balls to the wall electronic binge like Kid A, or if they keep wanting to do this synth pop thing, then something explosive and really quality like Chvrches who do synth-pop better than anyone right now. Hell! I am still waiting for that acoustic folk album featuring Spanish Rain. Anything out of the ordinary that has a full band effort.

Yeah I am not sure what I want at this point. Ghost Stories kind of gave me that nostalgia I was looking for and also moved Coldplay towards an avenue in the electronic world that I was hoping they might avoid. I certainly don't want anymore songs like ASFOS that are trying hard to be mainstream, or songs like True Love where Chris is letting out his steam to a bland synth pop beat. I want to be surprised!

Songs like Midnight or A Spell A Rebel Yell or Death Will Never Conquer, these unique tracks that are of completely fresh sound is what I am talking about. Next, I want a balls to the wall electronic binge like Kid A, or if they keep wanting to do this synth pop thing, then something explosive and really quality like Chvrches who do synth-pop better than anyone right now. Hell! I am still waiting for that acoustic folk album featuring Spanish Rain. Anything out of the ordinary that has a full band effort.

I don't think Coldplay will ever do a Kid A. I think they'd only do it if they made a really pop album that was roasted. Then they might.

^ Alas, you are right. I dream of it happening, and when Midnight dropped in March I thought Ghost Stories would be it! But Coldplay is a alt-rock pop-band at heart now, and I need to accept that fact. They are not on the same artistic level as Radiohead, their goals are not those of Radiohead either.

^ Alas, you are right. I dream of it happening, and when Midnight dropped in March I thought Ghost Stories would be it! But Coldplay is a alt-rock pop-band at heart now, and I need to accept that fact. They are not on the same artistic level as Radiohead, their goals are not those of Radiohead either.

I think they could do it, but not this album coming up. They will want to get back on tour, so I expect a similar style to GS, but upped a bit to fit in Stadiums.

LP7

I think that that this upcoming LP7 will have songs very similar to/ along the lines of the the two target bonus tracks; "All Your Friends" and "Ghost Story."

They both have a AROBTTH feel to them and are the exact kind of upbeat but not bloated energy that made A Rush so loved by us fans. But they also have very subtle electronic elements to them which would continue the evolution from ghost stories.

I think that the fact that tear bonus tracks were released is a sign of what the boys are working on at the moment.

I'm expecting Mylo Xyloto v. 2:0. Which I'd be delighted with.

No offense, I did like MX, but I doubt they'll go back to MX. We all know Coldplay don't do eras twice, but if they start revisiting them, I think they won't do MX. It's possible though.

No offense, I did like MX, but I doubt they'll go back to MX. We all know Coldplay don't do eras twice, but if they start revisiting them, I think they won't do MX. It's possible though.

Revising eras would be something really cool. Imagine if they threw small shows where they only played stuff from their older albums. Wouldn't that be oh so very..... nice :dozey:

Back to reality, don't think they'll ever do that. Bands are constantly challenging themselves to try new stuff. So there's never going to be an album with only acoustic instruments involved. Ghost Stories seems like a past-time album that they decided to come up with (i.e. I don't think they were planning to win Grammys with this album) Up to date they've tried futuristic tones, Renaissance period themes, colourful synths, and now monochrome-like themes with Ghost Stories.

The question is, what other kind of music have they not experimented with? Perhaps Latin american, middle eastern and African music? I don't know :inquisitive:

I think that that this upcoming LP7 will have songs very similar to/ along the lines of the the two target bonus tracks; "All Your Friends" and "Ghost Story."

They both have a AROBTTH feel to them and are the exact kind of upbeat but not bloated energy that made A Rush so loved by us fans. But they also have very subtle electronic elements to them which would continue the evolution from ghost stories.

I think that the fact that tear bonus tracks were released is a sign of what the boys are working on at the moment.

:clap: My thoughts exactly!

Trying to picture Chris screaming out lyrics.... Wait... GPASUYF 2012 was sort of metal. I'll listen to that.

But there was no headbanging involved... Oh dear, Chris Martin headbanging... One can only imagine :guitarist: