✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the album is really out as soon as next year, then I can imagine it being quite different to Ghost Stories. I could imagine GS and LP7 being almost like two halves of one album, with GS being the softer, mellow half and LP7 being the more upbeat, rocky side (I hope).

This would also probably fit with the idea of doing a bigger tour for the next album, because obviously bigger, louder songs will better suit bigger venues. Some songs from Ghost Stories will probably stick around, especially ASFOS and probably Magic, and maybe Oceans too if they do an acoustic section at the gigs.

Guest kmm1482
it needs to be completely different to Ghost Stories to be really successful with the fans

Not completely. And not with EVERY fan. I loved the stripped down ness of Oceans, Midnight, Fly On, and Ghost Story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it needs to be completely different to Ghost Stories to be really successful with the fans

Not completely. And not with EVERY fan. I loved the stripped down ness of Oceans, Midnight, Fly On, and Ghost Story

Agreed. Saying it needs to be 'completely different to GS to be successful with the fans' would imply that GS isn't successful with the fans. I am living proof that this is not true at all.

This makes no sense. Since when does Coldplay determine their style of music based off fan reaction to albums? If that were the case AROBTTH and VLV would be the only sounds they would ever make. GS shows that the band goes where their hearts take them, and if I am honest I would much rather Coldplay make songs they truly love and believe in than crap that is made for fan approval alone.

I'm too lazy to go back and read everything, but it seems like we're talking about the sound of the next LP. I think it's going to be different from Ghost Stories. I feel like this was an album that Chris HAD to make, but I don't think he's going to do anything this personal again unless something else happens to him. Now I could see them keeping a similar sound, just more upbeat. Personally, I prefer the band using real instruments as opposed to the electronic stuff with Ghost Stories. Jonny must've been really bored. Overall, I'm expecting some elements to GS to stick around, but more upbeat, and less personal lyrics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes no sense. Since when does Coldplay determine their style of music based off fan reaction to albums? If that were the case AROBTTH and VLV would be the only sounds they would ever make. GS shows that the band goes where their hearts take them, and if I am honest I would much rather Coldplay make songs they truly love and believe in than crap that is made for fan approval alone.

Yeah i do agree with you, to be honest, there are many different kinds of coldplay fans. There are those who love their old really mellow stuff, then there are those who really love the rocky side they have, then you have the really new age Coldplay fans who love there electronic collaborations. However i do feel that a large majority of new Coldplay fans have listened to older stuff and they believe the quality is far better, no offense to GS at all. GS commercially is a highly successful album and has gained many fans which is a huge plus for the band. But if you think about it, what would it be like if Coldplay made a sequel to this album not changing anything? This album is like X&Y after AROBTTH. They have made a really watered down version of MX with acoustic feels. It would be a really good option to go back to proper instruments only in my opinion. Take a look at Linkin Park over the last couple of years. They made a highly electronic infused album (LIVING THINGS) and made a remixed album, and they have been dealing with electronic instruments for the past 5 years. Now they have gone back to real instruments and the response from the fans is huge!

Guest howyousawtheworld

If we're using Linkin Park as an example as to what direction Coldplay should go then they should just call it a day.

Agreed. Saying it needs to be 'completely different to GS to be successful with the fans' would imply that GS isn't successful with the fans. I am living proof that this is not true at all.

And here's another one

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought that maybe using a sentence of one song of their own discography would be cool for an album title, like for example: Nobody Said it was Easy, Closing Walls and Ticking Clocks, The Future's for Discovering, Cursed Missed Opportunities, Cycle of Recycled Revenge (or just Recycled Revenge), Through Chaos as it Swirls.

What do you think? You can give more ideas!

I also like the idea of giving it a name similar to Mylo Xyloto, something with no meaning, just a little easier to pronounce. As for what direction they go with for LP7, I really don't mind what they do, I'll end up loving it anyway :D Though I would like it have more Jonny solos and Will playing actual drums instead of electronic ones.

Interesting - you see the song "Tomorrow" on this list. You can also find it in the recent interview Coldplay did. There's a point where the interviewer is asking about how the band writes their music, and it pans to an apparently older list of songs for "Ghost Stories" that includes Atlas, Ghost Story, and TOMORROW. Clearly they've been working on this song for awhile. Think it'll show up on LP7?

BELOW is the list I was talking about. It's the list of 'possible' songs from the MX era.

This is from the LP5 - WikiColdplay:

Possible LP5 songs - found on the South Bank Show (September 2009)

The band were seen in discussion with Melvyn Bragg in the autumn as he travelled with them for six months, taking in their win at 2009's Grammy Awards, a tour throughout Japan, the Brit Awards and the War Child concert in London, where they performed with Bono, the Killers and Take That's Gary Barlow. Bragg was also seen spending quality time with the band whilst they worked on their next album in their north London studios, where the following list of songs was gleaned:

1000-1 (Ballad Of …)

Aiko

Alien Radio

Alive Day

Arabesque

Boyfriend

Buzz

Car Kids

Cartoon Head

Cartoon Heart

Christmas Lights

Drunks And Guns

Famous Old Painters

Gardeners On The Frontline

Great Expectations

Harbingers Of Doom

Harmony

Hook Up

If I Ever Fall In Love Again

It Was A Wonderful Day

Love In A Lethal Dose

Lucky Sevens

Sex Violence

Space Symphony

Spanish Rain

Tomorrow

Wedding Bells

Wilderness

Wondering Star

There are many songs to make a new album! And as I said in other post, I guess it would not be risky to think that LP7 could be called like one of the songs in the list, Lucky Sevens. (I thought that it was Lucky Seven and that it was a song from the Viva era, but I was wrong)

It would be so cool if they did an MX part two. Yes I have the same complaints with production and a couple of the songs like everyone else, but I loved the art style, tour design, comic story, and just the overall theme.

cK