✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that absolutely loves MX on here. Am I?

I love MX as well, and I have noticed a few others in here that do too. Basically I just think that opinions are more polarized with MX than they were with AROBTTH for example.

I love MX, I've listened to that thing hundreds and hundreds of times. But I would still not want AHFOD to be MX 2.0. I want them to change direction and experiment as always.

And really, I have no doubt that AHFOD will be completely unique and awesome

just like EVERY other Coldplay album.

Alright, I'm on my way back home from mumbai now, as I need to get back to work. I stopped by at the hotel for an hour today morning as well but I didn't get to see anyone..I heard one of the security guys call a cab for worli..so I thought they might be there and I headed there..but nothing again..I snapped a couple of pics of where they were shooting and ill include that in the article I write..

I love MX as well, and I have noticed a few others in here that do too. Basically I just think that opinions are more polarized with MX than they were with AROBTTH for example.

I love MX, I've listened to that thing hundreds and hundreds of times. But I would still not want AHFOD to be MX 2.0. I want them to change direction and experiment as always.

And really, I have no doubt that AHFOD will be completely unique and awesome

just like EVERY other Coldplay album.

I really enjoy MX too. It's far from my favorite album, but I love the creativity. People always praise Viva as their most experimental time, but Mylo was the biggest step they have ever taken. Ever. Eno was nice to have as an influence and mentor, but I love that they basically used their own discretion for Mylo Xyloto. Did anyone ever think they would actually use synths, or collaborations or 'pop' music? Nope, but Coldplay took the chance and ended up doing very well, if not better than before.

But of course I do have issues with the album. And no, it's not Princess of China or Paradise. I've said since day one that MX is their absolute best album in terms of just the music. Just give the instrumentals one listen and tell me otherwise. My only real complaint is how oversaturated parts of the album are. Charlie Brown comes to mind first, and so does the intro to Us Against The World. The band as a whole is not stupid, so they recognize the faults with the album, and that's why I feel like AHFOD is going to be what Mylo Xyloto could have been. Does that mean the album will be a clone? Nope. But I do feel relieved they're continuing the happy theme, because it works well for them no matter what anyone wants to argue.

I'm excited as fuck for this album, but I wish the knee-jerk reactions would come to an end because we literally do not have any idea what the album will sound like right now.

MX remains a live album to me.

While on the record nearly everything is kinda overproduced and polished, performed on stage they are probably the best in their discography.

But its not balanced.

Thats why Viva is their best record so far to me. The songs are perfectly produced and create their very special atmosphere when played live on stage.

I don't understand why there's so much criticism around those who are worried about AHFOD. If you were fair you should also criticise those who are sure that the new album will be amazing, because we haven't listened to anything yet. I prefer having low expectations and then being positively surprised than being disappointed after hearing the whole thing.

Some people must grow and know that being critic about something doesn't mean trolling, simply when you love something with all your heart you want it to be perfect, or at least the best possible.

My previous posts goes this way, they want to be advices for the band to improve, even if I know they'll never read them. And imho saying always that everything is awesome is the worst thing you can do, it kills ambition, and this is the engine that makes go far a project, a band and anything else.

p.s. Didn't want to be offensive, maybe I'm too direct when I speak...

Guest diogo_sg

The best thing for everyone is to stop the "this album will suck"/"this album will rock" posts.

Let's only comment what we do have: photos. Let's only say what we think about the photos and not the music, because we haven't heard anything yet.

The best thing for everyone is to stop the "this album will suck"/"this album will rock" posts.

Let's only comment what we do have: photos. Let's only say what we think about the photos and not the music, because we haven't heard anything yet.

I agree. There is no need to worry about the music when all we have now is pictures!

And I can't overstate this: even though it might look somewhat visually similar to MX it will be DIFFERENT and UNIQUE. Don't worry. :)

Alright, I'm on my way back home from mumbai now, as I need to get back to work. I stopped by at the hotel for an hour today morning as well but I didn't get to see anyone..I heard one of the security guys call a cab for worli..so I thought they might be there and I headed there..but nothing again..I snapped a couple of pics of where they were shooting and ill include that in the article I write..

looking forward to it!