✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

People on Twitter that participated in the MV said that the song is upbeat, but it is similar to Viva La Vida. Something like Viva La Vida and ETIAW.

That's exactly what I said a few pages back. I personally think its a great crossover. Can't wait to hear it! Thanks for the info!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And here we go again... After 10 months of complaining about not having any news, now it's time for " complaining about the new album / single" we don't know sh*t about ! Are you guys seriously judging something that's not even released ?

Honestly, it's like saying " what an ugly baby" to a 5 months pregnant woman !

Preach.

People on Twitter that participated in the MV said that the song is upbeat, but it is similar to Viva La Vida. Something like Viva La Vida and ETIAW.

I was expecting something in that vein. Viva la Vida was the second song I ever became obsessed with (first was Clocks), so no complaints there :P

Also that artwork is legit. A watercolor-paint theme would fit in well for this era, I think. It's just as colorful and lively as the spray paint from MX, but carries its own distinct style. AND it would complete the second "trilogy" theme of Viva-MX-AHFoD (not counting GS because that was kind of a side project). Viva was paint splatters/classical paintings, MX was spray paint, and AHFoD can be watercolor! :awesome:

Btw that article is absolute rubbish. Coldplay is making an uplifting album so why the hell would they show something depressing? And if they wanted to 'cash in' on the indian market they would've done so five years ago when the indian economy was doing well enough for people to afford expensive concert tickets. This person just seems to be pissed that she didnt get to meet the band and got shooed away by security.

I completely agree. They're just mad they didn't see Chris Martin.

Well, there was not as much to read today but it's nice to know a few more details about the MV shoot. :)

If I recall correctly, that is how people described ASFOS after the GS Live 2014 filming... so the new song is going to be a very big stadium-filling anthem. I'm fine with that. To me there's nothing wrong with starting off the era with something really bright.

I remember when i used to love this thread, now it makes me just cringe, but probs cause im not 15 anymore.

Coldplay are out there doing shit and all i read about is people complaining... and about what? For all we know this could even not be a music video but something else.

Im not new to this, i witnessed the release of MX, GS and now AHFOD and this has been the worse experience on cping even tho it was not so different from the previous two you know at the end this thread is always reduced to:

1) fans that call themselves oldplayers (which i find rather sad, i dont remember your username but i must be honest to you, dont take offence)

2) fans that want just impossible things like a more alternative album

3) people like me that are too old for this shit anyway

4) fans that complain about things that dont exist

5) trolls

Now im not saying that we should accept everything that coldplay does (i am the first one to criticize them when its needed and i did with MX and X&Y) but this thread doesnt feel the same anymore, it used to be about constructive critics and just people being happy around each without bashing coldplay's previous works. Some people here hate GS and MX so much that can almost make some people feel bad for liking those two albums. You guys need to breathe, take a step back and see things are.

I dont mean this post to be offensive to anyone, its just a little rant and advise from someone that has seen stuff like this for 5 years now

Troll tracklist:

1. Deserter

2. Alien Radio

3. A View From the Top

4. Car Kids

5. Bloodless Revolution

6. Golden Arrow

7. A Ghost

8. Zero Theory

9. Famous Old Painters

That would be amazing if they had "A Ghost" in this new album. One of the best CP songs IMO... don't know why they never released it!

Now im not saying that we should accept everything that coldplay does (i am the first one to criticize them when its needed and i did with MX and X&Y) but this thread doesnt feel the same anymore, it used to be about constructive critics and just people being happy around each without bashing coldplay's previous works. Some people here hate GS and MX so much that can almost make some people feel bad for liking those two albums. You guys need to breathe, take a step back and see things are.

I dont mean this post to be offensive to anyone, its just a little rant and advise from someone that has seen stuff like this for 5 years now

Truer words were never spoken :thumbsup:

I never commented on this thread before, but this is exactly what I sometimes feel reading this thread. Thanks Jonny and the cake for saying it.

I remember when i used to love this thread, now it makes me just cringe, but probs cause im not 15 anymore.

Coldplay are out there doing shit and all i read about is people complaining... and about what? For all we know this could even not be a music video but something else.

Im not new to this, i witnessed the release of MX, GS and now AHFOD and this has been the worse experience on cping even tho it was not so different from the previous two you know at the end this thread is always reduced to:

1) fans that call themselves oldplayers (which i find rather sad, i dont remember your username but i must be honest to you, dont take offence)

5) trolls

Preach!!! I love it!! I feel like I'm the only one here who has has enjoyed every album they have released! Every album is great in their own way! I have been with this forum since 2004, yes 11 years and I have been apart of every album release since X&Y and I haven't been disappointed with any album!! Yes some albums are better than others but let's not criticize the bands decisions to experiment and evolve throughout their musical career. Keep an open mind everyone :) LP7 will be amazing, I can't wait!

5) trolls

Thank you... I'm a little sick of the bashing, it seems like all the time somebody decides to complain about POC/Rihanna/MX in general. You're right, there's been an atmosphere of hostility towards GS and MX that to be honest seems to insult everyone who does enjoy those 2 albums. There is quite a lot of complaining about AHFOD as well, which is absurd because we haven't heard even a single snippet of the new material. What happened to good old healthy speculation? Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

Thank you... I'm a little sick of the bashing, it seems like all the time somebody decides to complain about POC/Rihanna/MX in general. You're right, there's been an atmosphere of hostility towards GS and MX that to be honest seems to insult everyone who does enjoy those 2 albums. There is quite a lot of complaining about AHFOD as well, which is absurd because we haven't heard even a single snippet of the new material. What happened to good old healthy speculation? Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

Okay well POC really did suck, but I loved everything else!

Here's my opinion on the whole big deal with people getting scared of what this next album might be. All we've seen are a few pictures that weren't even taken by Coldplay. These pics do hint to something colorful but we haven't even heard most of the music yet. We've just seen the tip of the iceberg so far. We have too little info to fully conclude this is going to be an MX 2.0. I find it weird actually, because these people were complaining about waiting 10 months for AHFOD to come out, and now they're complaining because there's new pics. I just don't get that. Why not just enjoy it? I'm not sure if I'm the only one that absolutely loves MX on here. Am I? What's bad about MX? Yes, it was a little overproduced. Yes, they overpolshed it a bit. But those are things to be expected from every album. I'm not talking about that specifically but I'm talking about that in every album, 999 times out of 1000 there's going to be at least some little mistakes in it. Why single out MX? There's flaws in every album. But the albums are still pretty awesome. And that's what counts. Enjoy what you can. Why not? It's Coldplay. Whatever they come up with is awesome. And even if you still am disagreeing with this post and saying "Oh, MX is terrible, this is going to be a horrible album that's coming up here" Well here's some better news: if you've known Coldplay for a long time you know that they're never going to do the same thing twice. It's just not them. They want to experiment. They want to try new things. That's a part of being a band. You've got to try new things. Why not enjoy it? Whatever this new album is, it's most likely going to be amazing. If you're going to harshly criticize this album, wait until it actually comes out. Don't start critiziing it just from seeing a few pictures. You've got to wait and see the news developing. Afterwards, criticize it all you want. I personally think I'm going to love this album. Maybe even more than MX. But please, it's just like complaining about a present because of it's packaging (bad example, I know, but hopefully you get my point).

All in all, the point is, look. Just relax. We've only seen a little bit. Enjoy the news that's developing, but please don't start complaining already from a few pictures. It's just the tip of the iceberg, and who knows what the rest of the album is like. It could be something entirely different. Try to envision it as a "glass half-full". See? They actually have real guitars and real drums. Why not be cheerful about that? It may resemble MX, but for those of you who aren't into the synthpop stuff of GS you should try to focus on that. At least they're going back to real instruments (or there's signs of it, anyway). Again, try to make the best of it. I know I said it like 10 times now but this is just my view of it. I personally would love another MX. I already enjoyed the original MX so I wouldn't mind if there was another colorful album. But I'm just trying to say, try to cheer up. It's not the end of the world. It's just a few pictures. If you don't like MX, don't worry, every album that Coldplay's ever made has been different. It's not the end of the world. MX really isn't that bad, is it? It's cheerful music. We've heard reports of one of those stadium-filling epic Coldplay anthems. Those are awesome! There's lots to be excited about. Let's enjoy what Coldplay's coming up with! It'll be great. Believe me.

Sorry about this long rant. Just needed to get that out there.

Why I'm trying no to be too hyped:

When I first listened to Midnight, I was blown away. Fuck, it was incredible. The atmospherics, texture, production, the new direction, everything was perfect about that song. It was exactly what Coldplay needed to do: something experimental. I even fooled myself into thinking that their next album would be their version of Kid A.

Then, Magic came out. I was so fucking underwhelmed by this poppy, RNB track. Sure, it was alright, and pretty catchy, but after a few listens it just became kinda dull. I still like the track to some extent, and I could have tolerated a whole album of that, but I wouldn't have liked it very much.

Then people began hyping the next single, ASFOS. People were saying "it's the new Viva la Vida!!" "it's a lot like DLIBYH!!". Then I actually heard the shit excuse for a song and almost gave up on Coldplay right then and there.

I can't help but feel excited and optimistic, but I think we may end up being disappointed.

Btw I don't think this secret gig happened. There were a couple of guys who were waiting with me over there who reported after I left that chris martin 'and his crew' had come back at ten thirty. The two guys then tried to enter the pub in the hotel but were denied entry because they weren't on the guest list. I'm guessing that they assumed this to be a sign of coldplay performing, which I think is flawed. A guest list isnt necessarily the sign of a gig, that too a coldplay gig.

Also, it seems rather strange for coldplay to play a private gig at their hotel in india, especially after two long days of shoot.

Most of the people who waited with me wanted to meet just chris. They didn't know the names of the other band members :l

Thanks for the news!

Yeah, I hate when ppl claim to be 'big fans' but cant' name a member not named Chris