✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I'm sorry but X&Y was not on the same lever as AROBTTH and VLV in my opinion and everybody keeps putting it there... Why is my opinion so unpopular *rages slightly* !

I can see why you think that, but I really like X&Y. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here, and I hope you didn't take this as me arguing with you! :)

Some factors from Ghost Stories are still in AHFOD. I can consider this album a combination of GS/MX with a tiny bit of Viva in there. I just don't believe that The band tried to make it the happiest album possible. The depressing factors that made Ghost Stories Ghost Stories are still present.

I agree with that. I was expecting a constant upbeat album with how Chris was describing it, but some songs sound like they should have been on Ghost Stories. I'm not complaint though. I love Everglow. It just sounds like Chris is still working through things. They said it best when they said Ghost Stories is the night, and A Head Full Of Dreams is the day. Hopefully we will see something completely different with LP8. Chris isn't going to be able to jump around like he does forever and he knows that. He probably wanted to do another record with dancier songs while he can still move to them. Anyway, I'm enjoying this era for now. The tour is going to be amazing.

I can see why you think that, but I really like X&Y. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here, and I hope you didn't take this as me arguing with you! :)

No I don't wanna argue ahaha it's just my opinion :) sometimes I think Oldplay is a little too praised, and if they released X&Y now (but with a more 2015 vibe) it would probably get a lot of hate too. But that's just my opinion.

I also think most of what Coldplay releases is usually pretty hated on by this forum but just my opinion

No I don't wanna argue ahaha it's just my opinion :) sometimes I think Oldplay is a little too praised, and if they released X&Y now (but with a more 2015 vibe) it would probably get a lot of hate too. But that's just my opinion.

I also think most of what Coldplay releases is usually pretty hated on by this forum but just my opinion

The fans are always the most critical lol

The irony when this forum is for more serious Coldplay fans and most of the hate are from here

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

The fans are always the most critical lol

Which is pretty ironic- but it means at least that we aren't fans that will be okay with everything Coldplay does or a teeny bopper adoring fan base, ( although I sorta am a teeny bopper) we're critical which is a good thing :)

If I remember when MX leaked some people said that the quality wasn't good and that the soings would sound better on the album and I never heard any difference so I expect that the same will happen to AHFOD, but I don't care I like it so far! But my back hurts so I need to sleep :lol: goodnight everyone today was an amazing day

A good way to tell how the rest of the album will sound is - listen to this leaked version of AOAL, then listen to a proper mp3 of AOAL - either from itunes or whichever source.

Which is pretty ironic- but it means at least that we aren't fans that will be okay with everything Coldplay does or an adoring fan base, we're critical which is a good thing :)

Exactly! I used to be like that, but you have to be a little critical. That being said, I will always love Coldplay and will respect everything they do, though I may not absolutely love every single thing they do... If that makes sense [emoji13]

X&Y is my favorite Coldplay album, but I do agree 'old Coldplay' is far too praised sometimes. And it's not just for Coldplay. I cannot think of one single artist who didn't have a dip in quality at some point in their career. I don't care if it's U2, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, James Taylor or fucking Foo Fighters. Everyone will always remember the first few albums over the rest, even if the 'others' are genuinely great. I think nostalgia truly does blind us often and lets us not escape.

That said, I do feel like I'm in the minority of people here who prefers post-X&Y for the most part. I love the first three albums of course, but I get tired of them very quickly.

^^ honestly I a lot of MX was actually really good! Of course for me VLV takes the cake hands down not only because of the music but because of the large memories of my early ish childhood it brings (I'm young...) Some songs on MX are just so energetic that I can't help but love them!

X&Y is my favorite Coldplay album, but I do agree 'old Coldplay' is far too praised sometimes. And it's not just for Coldplay. I cannot think of one single artist who didn't have a dip in quality at some point in their career. I don't care if it's U2, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, James Taylor or fucking Foo Fighters. Everyone will always remember the first few albums over the rest, even if the 'others' are genuinely great. I think nostalgia truly does blind us often and lets us not escape.

That said, I do feel like I'm in the minority of people here who prefers post-X&Y for the most part. I love the first three albums of course, but I get tired of them very quickly.

Excellent point. The first few albums for any artist will be how people usually perceive or remember them.