✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I don't care what anyone says, this album is damn good! MUCH better than Ghost Stories. The album, while lyrically not stronger than A Rush of Blood to the Head or Viva La Vida, it sure as hell is still beautiful and poetic. It's uplifting, heartful and just straight up pleasant to listen to. The only song I don't really like so far is probably Colour Spectrum, and the highlights which I'll add to my list of Coldplay classic is Birds (fantastic, caught me off guard), Everglow (sweet and simple), Fun (not groundbreaking, but it's sort of a mix of Oldplay and Newplay if you ask me) and Up and Up (That ending oomph!).

I'm betting there's a lot of hate going around this album because it's Pop or whatever. Let's face it, Yellow? The song that started it all for them, is a pop song. I'm honestly happy Coldplay made Mylo Xyloto and A Head Full of Dreams, these two albums really pushed me to get out of my uptight mindset of how Pop is 'bad' music. It's ignorant. I use to listen to Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 and still do to this day, great album. Fun's albums, Aim & Ignite and Some Nights are both pop albums, well 'indie-pop', and they're both fantastic.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ i Agree .. i love Pop , hell a legend like michaels jackson was King of Pop .. some people here need to understand that's not every pop music is like Nicki minaj or Justin Piper there's allot of artists out there who made and still make a beautiful musics in this genre and so far Coldplay one of them

X&Y is my favorite Coldplay album, but I do agree 'old Coldplay' is far too praised sometimes. And it's not just for Coldplay. I cannot think of one single artist who didn't have a dip in quality at some point in their career. I don't care if it's U2, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, James Taylor or fucking Foo Fighters. Everyone will always remember the first few albums over the rest, even if the 'others' are genuinely great. I think nostalgia truly does blind us often and lets us not escape.

That said, I do feel like I'm in the minority of people here who prefers post-X&Y for the most part. I love the first three albums of course, but I get tired of them very quickly.

Man, you're my brother in taste :dance: Absolutely. X&Y is my favorite and I also prefer the post-X&Y albums! Which one is your second favorite?

My most favorite Coldplay album is Mylo Xyloto and i adore Princess of China so much. Does this make my taste garbage and utter shit?

Ok. if that's the case, people now are free to hurl stuff like garbage and shit and crap to me

Yeah calling some songs garbage or horrible is a bit insensitive I guess. It's much better to say 'not my cup of tea' or 'that's not the Coldplay song I want'. At least people who read your opinion won't feel offended or feel guilty of liking the so-called 'garbage' of a song.

I dunno, maybe I'm too sensitive? :/

I don't care what anyone says, this album is damn good! MUCH better than Ghost Stories. The album, while lyrically not stronger than A Rush of Blood to the Head or Viva La Vida, it sure as hell is still beautiful and poetic. It's uplifting, heartful and just straight up pleasant to listen to. The only song I don't really like so far is probably Colour Spectrum, and the highlights which I'll add to my list of Coldplay classic is Birds (fantastic, caught me off guard), Everglow (sweet and simple), Fun (not groundbreaking, but it's sort of a mix of Oldplay and Newplay if you ask me) and Up and Up (That ending oomph!).

I'm betting there's a lot of hate going around this album because it's Pop or whatever. Let's face it, Yellow? The song that started it all for them, is a pop song. I'm honestly happy Coldplay made Mylo Xyloto and A Head Full of Dreams, these two albums really pushed me to get out of my uptight mindset of how Pop is 'bad' music. It's ignorant. I use to listen to Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 and still do to this day, great album. Fun's albums, Aim & Ignite and Some Nights are both pop albums, well 'indie-pop', and they're both fantastic.

Pop music is not bad music. Bad music is bad music.

And calling something 'garbage' or 'crap' is completely legitimate. No need to get insensitive about it. It's not like we said that they are horrible people who deserve to die. And also, if you really like something, no need to get offensive or insecure about it, if you like it, you like it. Even if it's garbage or crap. Like this album. :)

X&Y is my favorite Coldplay album, but I do agree 'old Coldplay' is far too praised sometimes. And it's not just for Coldplay. I cannot think of one single artist who didn't have a dip in quality at some point in their career. I don't care if it's U2, Radiohead, Bob Dylan, James Taylor or fucking Foo Fighters. Everyone will always remember the first few albums over the rest, even if the 'others' are genuinely great. I think nostalgia truly does blind us often and lets us not escape.

That said, I do feel like I'm in the minority of people here who prefers post-X&Y for the most part. I love the first three albums of course, but I get tired of them very quickly.

Yes, because it is called 'setting the standards'. If this was their first album, how many people would really get into the band? And it's not just about worshipping the *sigh* Oldplay, it's about the fact that they can make brilliant music, and have throughout the career. Viva la Vida was new in sound, and yet it was a great album which was largely praised and adored becuase it was good music. To me, Ghost Stories was a blend of new and old and yet it was spot on.

Shock horror! I'm really really liking Army Of One. I find a lot of positive aspects throughout the album and so far I'd definitely rate it better than MX.

But it could have been much better because there is also some major flaws. On the first few listens I realized Chris's lyrics and Stargate are truly ruinous. There are a lot of other things wrong with it and I hope we all discuss it further but I kindly urge everyone to refrain from posting reviews for now. Please try to give it at least two weeks after the official release to post your final verdicts.

I agree with that. I was expecting a constant upbeat album with how Chris was describing it, but some songs sound like they should have been on Ghost Stories. I'm not complaint though. I love Everglow. It just sounds like Chris is still working through things. They said it best when they said Ghost Stories is the night, and A Head Full Of Dreams is the day. Hopefully we will see something completely different with LP8. Chris isn't going to be able to jump around like he does forever and he knows that. He probably wanted to do another record with dancier songs while he can still move to them. Anyway, I'm enjoying this era for now. The tour is going to be amazing.

I agree. I was expecting a more upbeat album but I am happy with the album.. Maybe my expectations were too high.

Pop music is not bad music. Bad music is bad music.

And calling something 'garbage' or 'crap' is completely legitimate. No need to get insensitive about it. It's not like we said that they are horrible people who deserve to die. And also, if you really like something, no need to get offensive or insecure about it, if you like it, you like it. Even if it's garbage or crap. Like this album. :)

You're not quite tolerant, are you... but well, everyone is free to say whatever they want. My time trying to defend the newplay is gone, there's just some people that can't go through that. And it will be the same until Coldplay split up in a nearly future.

Meanwhile, I will enjoy as the others the newplay just as it is, but respectfully always.

Guest diogo_sg
Please try to give it at least two weeks after the official release to post your final verdicts.

That's almost impossible, because the liking of a certain song or album depends on the mood of the person criticizing it at the moment. A final verdict is never final, it's temporary.

am i the only one who likes X Marks the Spot?

Nope. I like the athmosphere and the overall sound of it. On the other hand, I don't understand why would Chris write some of those lyrics (the boom-bo-boom-boom thing). C'mon!

Ive been trying for hours,can someone SEND ME A WORKING LINK PLEASE or tell me exactly which site on google works.All these i found have a freaking load of ads and end up not being able to be downloaded...

Piratebay , kickass torrent websites havethem

Although i couldnt find X marks the spot

I know. I'm not happy how they produced it without the prominent piano. But I don't know... with the piano, it kinda sounded like a Taylor Swift melody.

Well today my mind changes. It's strange, yes. But I really like the crescendo. I love the Indian vibe on the last 'believe in love' (sounds like a blossoming flower). And I like the drums in here. I know, it's overproduced. But they want to be pop. Up&up it's pop and in the same time it isn't pop. I think it's the best song since Viva and I'm not kidding.