✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Check out the Facebook interview if you have not already. Plenty of good info on the origin of Ahfod there! I believe they said the title came first, so I guess Chris knew early on the album would be a comeback to a happy place "full of dreams" :)

yeah, that was a fantastic interview. i wish chris didn't write and release asfos if he had an album planned by the name ahfod. because now ahfod sounds derivative of asfos. i'd rather have adfod the album standing on it's own accord than be a second thought to a song that a lot of people don't even care for.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah, that was a fantastic interview. i wish chris didn't write and release asfos if he had an album planned by the name ahfod. because now ahfod sounds derivative of asfos. i'd rather have adfod the album standing on it's own accord than be a second thought to a song that a lot of people don't even care for.

Ok hold it there....Some people love Asfos! I totally do :) And I do like what Chris said in an interview (on the latest one on The Sun I believe) about Asfos being the gateway to Ahfod. I totally thought that when I heard the album! After the gruelling journey of Ghost Stories, the light at the end of the tunnel was Asfos, which then opened the door to the full celebration that is Ahfod.

I like that :) It´s not derivative imo, it creates a nice thread from Ghost to Dreams.

Anyone else suffering from a bit of post album melancholy? It hits me every time! It has nothing to do with if I enjoy the album or not it just comes down to all that waiting and anticipating and now it's over... time to start looking forward to a live show i guess!

Yeah I know what you mean! hehe But I am still hoping for some single release, perhaps on CD/vinyl? Some collectible editions or something always good to look forward to :)

Ok hold it there....Some people love Asfos! I totally do :) And I do like what Chris said in an interview (on the latest one on The Sun I believe) about Asfos being the gateway to Ahfod. I totally thought that when I heard the album! After the gruelling journey of Ghost Stories, the light at the end of the tunnel was Asfos, which then opened the door to the full celebration that is Ahfod.

I like that :) It´s not derivative imo, it creates a nice thread from Ghost to Dreams.

ah :) yes, some fans love asfos. and i've gotten to really enjoy it live. gets everyone going. i meant the song title rather than the song itself. titles in "a x full of y" mold. that is derivative to me. specially because both titles are in your face coldplay titles. not smaller songs hidden away in an album only the hardcore fans know of.

but i do like that about asfos being a gateway to ahfod. see, i even mix up the 's's and 'd's typing those two :D

• Like 2

Anyone else suffering from a bit of post album melancholy? It hits me every time! It has nothing to do with if I enjoy the album or not it just comes down to all that waiting and anticipating and now it's over... time to start looking forward to a live show i guess!

i felt that right after the leak. now there is so much happening, i'm sure it'll settle in again sometime next week or so.

ah :) yes, some fans love asfos. and i've gotten to really enjoy it live. gets everyone going. i meant the song title rather than the song itself. titles in "a x full of y" mold. that is derivative to me. specially because both titles are in your face coldplay titles. not smaller songs hidden away in an album only the hardcore fans know of.

but i do like that about asfos being a gateway to ahfod. see, i even mix up the 's's and 'd's typing those two :D

I must say I am deeply biased when it comes to A Sky...it´s SO personal to me that I am bound to love it like crazy, so I am not really objective about it hehe But yes I agree most people, even those who dont like it, do love it live when you can hear Jonny guitar more clearly and less synths :)

Ah yes you mean the titles! I see what you mean yeah. I had not thought about that to be honest. But it does also tie the two together, so I dont mind.

p.s. I mix them up too ! Damn acronyms LOL

• Like 1

I feel like Oceans was Coldplay's attempt at trying out the Parachutes-era sound again, but it just wasn't a good enough song to me.

I loved Ghost Stories though, and I like this album as much, if not more, than it. And Chris's vocals on GS were not the best to me. In fact my favorite song, Another's Arms, was mainly just all rhythm section with Chris letting the music do most the heavy lifting.

But in this album, there's a lot of prominence in his vox again. The end of Up and Up... obviously .. but even the beginning of Fun. His vocals are just perfect. They're still on top of their game. Can't wait til the next one. And can't wait to see them live again. It's been since the X&Y era, but I think it's time to go back.

And Chris's vocals on GS were not the best to me. In fact my favorite song, Another's Arms, was mainly just all rhythm section with Chris letting the music do most the heavy lifting.

You know what? So happy to hear someone else´s favourite song on Ghost is also Another´s arms! hehe Thank you :)

It´s as if Chris voice on Ghost is as subdued as his mood was at the time..it kinda reflects the way he felt, so tentative, hesitant and downright depressed at times. It totally fit my mood back when the album was released, so I can only say I resonated with that.

And yes now Chris is so back to his best "yuhhuuu" self and it shows in the vocal performances as well :)

• Like 1

I've had that same small feeling inside me too. All the speculation, excitement pre-release is now over. I guess we still have the B-sides to look forward too. :D

GUYS. I FOUND OUT SOMETHING THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MINDS. (Maybe not so much)

You know the muffled electric guitar strum after Up&Up? It sounds almost identical to the Elctric guitar strum in the beginning of O (Part 2-Reprise)

Wait. Nevermind, I'm beginning to think the little bit after Up&Up is just a piano...

After listening to the Church concert, makes me very happy that they put out the album first before debuting a lot of the songs (unlike with MX).

Up & Up sounds great live as does title track. Can't wait to hear Fun, Birds, Army of One live -- liking the trickle of plays approach.

They could really do a concert like CM said of openers/closers. Would love to see LiT ii back for an encore this tour.

Just noticed that Birds and Up With The Birds have practically the same length.

chris' obsession with birds :) the thing is both these songs are fantastic. so i'll be ok with another bird based song in the future, as long as it's as good.

btw, i found it really strange that birds didn't get a lot of love from the critics.

Probably from the abrupt ending lol

i like that mostly because it is not anyone expects. unpredictability, suits here for me.

*lol* You know the whole song kinda reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence I dont know. She is kinda "cool" :)

oh gosh! don't let any media see this lol

• Like 1