✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the left side of the spread that comes with the LP, there are a lot of old pictures of people. Could this might be the pictures we've send years ago for guy's project? Makes a lot of sense after they talked about his influence on the album artwork in the livestream at the beehive.

For some reason I dont think so, but I also wonder who the photos depict. I kinda thought Coldplay families in the past? I am not sure

Does it need to be called one thing or another?

Well, if it just derives from 'popular', then it's definitely pop, 'cause the album is pretty popular with me right now. :D

Right it dominated iTunes for a few days. Still#1 album. And with the superbowl coming, i think it will definitely be a pretty popular album

• Like 1

Parachutes-soft rock

AROBTTH-rock

X&Y-alternative rock

VLVODAAHF-alternative

Mylo Xyloto-poprock

Ghost Stories-indiepop

AHFOD-pop

"We never change do we? No, no".....

Jk it all sounds like the same band somehow tho. Really proud of them! First time im looking forward to the superbowl

AHFOD is Pop-Rock to me.

Up&Up, Fun and Birds have a more rock feel IMO

^ I agree.

I also think -- and this may sound crazy -- that AFHOD, Birds, HFTW is Coldplay's strongest 1 - 2 -3 opening punch of ANY album. MX with HLH, Paradise, Charlie Brown is tied or second. But I find these three to flow well into each other and HFTW has really grown on me.

I think the album gets a little disjointed with Everglow through XMTS. Not that the songs themselves are bad but just flow wise.

DAAHF is probably my favorite closer; but Up&Up is fantastic.

The end of Up&Up haunts me...

Who the heck sung those lines?!

There is no thread called "Coldplay merchandise swag" ? hehe

So I´ll post it here I guess. I just saw the balloon t-shirt on the official store...I gotta have it and I dont dare looking at all the rest of the merchandise yet. haha My poor Mastercard :)

COL67089.jpg

• Like 1

Parachutes-soft rock

AROBTTH-rock

X&Y-alternative rock

VLVODAAHF-alternative

Mylo Xyloto-poprock

Ghost Stories-indiepop

AHFOD-pop

"We never change do we? No, no".....

Jk it all sounds like the same band somehow tho. Really proud of them! First time im looking forward to the superbowl

I would consider Ghost Stories a more ambient rock type

• Like 2

Another disappointment from Coldplay.

I can't find the energy or motivation to type out my complete feelings on this album, and really most of Coldplay's work post-Viva/Prospekt's -- but wow, what is this? My good friend who is equally in love with Coldplay as I am came into town to listen to the complete album with me for the first time (a ritual between us whenever Coldplay drop new music) and when Up&Up ended we just looked at each other and shook our heads in disappointment. We then immediately started streaming Viva la Vida and reflected on what Coldplay used to be.

Will always be an unconditional Coldplay fan, but I've officially lost hope in them.

All the best, boys.

• Like 2

Another disappointment from Coldplay.

I can't find the energy or motivation to type out my complete feelings on this album, and really most of Coldplay's work post-Viva/Prospekt's -- but wow, what is this? My good friend who is equally in love with Coldplay as I am came into town to listen to the complete album with me for the first time (a ritual between us whenever Coldplay drop new music) and when Up&Up ended we just looked at each other and shook our heads in disappointment. We then immediately started streaming Viva la Vida and reflected on what Coldplay used to be.

Will always be an unconditional Coldplay fan, but I've officially lost hope in them.

All the best, boys.

http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-ultimate-oldplaying-thread-s-bs-tbr-p-arobtth-x-y-vlv.104785/

Welcome to the club.

• Like 1

A

All the best, boys.

Sorry to hear that :/ But I do understand. By changing genres as they do, it´s bound not to resonate with everyone. However I would not "lose hope" altogether if I were you in getting back the kind of music you like hehe I honestly think they will go a total different direction after AHFOD. It would not make sense to continue on the MX style entirely. They are bound to change it up. I personally would not like another synth-heavy album, though I do love all the tunes, so we shall see what they´re gonna do.

• Like 1

Guest howyousawtheworld

Where the high is brilliant (Birds is a 9/10 song for me - FANTASTIC song) the low is astonishingly low. X Marks The Sport is quite simply the worst Coldplay song by considerable distance and I pray for the poor alien sods in outer space who will be confronted with that humane embarrassment in many light years time. Seriously - I felt cringeworthingly embarrassed for Chris Martin when he was singing it. Pure dead boggin.

Not sure where to post this.

Is that the one done by that Colombian guy? (Can't play the video right now) I really liked it! Nice interview, and I was able to understand the part at the beginning! :D I thought it was funny how Guy just sat there the whole time. He didn't even introduce himself at the end haha.

and I pray for the poor alien sods in outer space who will be confronted with that humane embarrassment in many light years time.

*LOL* You mean they will "put their hands up to the sky" in despair? hehe :P And yeah I am one of the (few?) who actually like the track :)

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Is that the one done by that Colombian guy? (Can't play the video right now) I really liked it! Nice interview, and I was able to understand the part at the beginning! :D I thought it was funny how Guy just sat there the whole time. He didn't even introduce himself at the end haha.

Yes, it is.

It was a fun interview! [emoji1]

I also think -- and this may sound crazy -- that AFHOD, Birds, HFTW is Coldplay's strongest 1 - 2 -3 opening punch of ANY album. MX with HLH, Paradise, Charlie Brown is tied or second. But I find these three to flow well into each other and HFTW has really grown on me.

What about AROBTTH's 1) Politik 2) In My Place 3) GPASUYF - That was a pretty good opening as well.