✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I've been avoiding all leaks, discussions, ... to be able to form my own opinion of the album.

I had already come to terms with the fact that AHFOD would be a totally different Coldplay album, so I listened to it with an open mind.

Until the BBC R1 show yesterday evening, the only numbers I heard were the record version of AOAL + Everglow and the live versions of Amazing Day - AHFOD - Up&Up - AOAL.

After listening to the album 3x times, my first impression = "less = more"!

There are so many things going on.

I'm really disappointed with the album version of Up&Up. :(

The live version was my favorite until now, that place has been taken over by Everglow, both the record + live version are amazing.

Songs that are standing out for me are:

AHFOD - Everglow (fav) - Fun - Army of One - Amazing Day.

I need to listen to it a lot more and having a copy of the lyrics.

And I'm so glad that the live verion of must numbers is way better than the album version.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like the album. Probably ranks about my 4th favourite.

Would have liked one or two more songs, something a bit more of a typical Coldplay anthem and something rockier would have been nice, oh well. Also, I'm really sad that the 'Fly on silver bird' lyrics weren't part of a song :(

I am really loving this album and so excited for my first listen today. Although we might not all agree about if we like the songs, I am grateful for this community. I want to stop people on the street and discuss the album, but that might be too weird, so instead I come here. It's great to be a part of all the discussion around the album, even if I don't post much. Birds is one of my faves off the album

• Like 1

I am really loving this album and so excited for my first listen today. Although we might not all agree about if we like the songs, I am grateful for this community. I want to stop people on the street and discuss the album, but that might be too weird, so instead I come here. It's great to be a part of all the discussion around the album, even if I don't post much. Birds is one of my faves off the album

Glad your enjoying it! It was different to me at first listen, but after a few times I absolutely love it. This community is pretty great, isn't it? Its great to share opinions and have discussions with other Coldplayers.

Edit: Birds is amazing!

Everglow and Army Of One are hella cool too!

And I'll just say this right here and now...

I also like X Marks The Spot...

You know, I hated that at first. But it has definitely grown on me. Its catchy. Its probably my least favorite Coldplay song, but I don't hate it.

This album's first four songs are SOOOOO GOOD. I know HFTW has it's share of haters but i think it's a great, catchy af song. Also, i dont know if this has been discussed but the quality improved a lot from the leak, Birds sounds so much clearer now, as does AHFOD.

Has anyone shared the official Birds lyrics yet? I haven't gotten the chance to go pick up my copy of the album...

So I went to my local Walmart to pick up a physical copy . . . they didn't have a single one

You know what they did have? Six racks dedicated to 25.

*facepalm*

I just went there as well. Luckily they had it, and they had a huge display box for Adele up front. I just shook my head lol.

Did they just tweet something about glastonbury ?

I receive the twitter notification and I thought I see something related to glastonbury from Coldplay

but the tweet's already deleted by the time I click in

Yes, I saw that too!!

...something like "glastonbury abbey extravaganza 2016 date confirmed" I think :D