✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

^ I don't see them being too experimental on LP7. If it is 'an end of a story' as they have suggested, I don't see them doing anything too crazy as to risk ending on a low note.

If anything, I see them doing more the opposite; doing what got them all the way to LP7 in the first place. Which is Alt-soft-piano-micropop rock. That's just my opinion, but despite your and others' hopes and wishes, realistically speaking, I don't see it happening.

If it's an experimental vibe you're craving, I would bet on LP8 before LP7.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I don't see them being too experimental on LP7. If it is 'an end of a story' as they have suggested, I don't see them doing anything too crazy as to risk ending on a low note.

If anything, I see them doing more the opposite; doing what got them all the way to LP7 in the first place. Which is Alt-soft-piano-micropop rock. That's just my opinion, but despite your and others' hopes and wishes, realistically speaking, I don't see it happening.

That could be a possibility.

Or maybe they could just say, "screw it" and go all out. All this uncertainty is killing me.

Chris said the new album is going to uplifting and colorful. Something different from ghost stories.

Chris said the new album is going to uplifting and colorful. Something different from ghost stories.

Not sure what part of my comment you were replying to. I didn't imply that lp7 was gonna be like ghost stories.

It would be nuts if coldplay made lp7 with a mix of all their music so far.

It wouldn't be that far fetched imo. Again, if it's the end of a story as they've said in the past, I would actually expect them to grab elements from lp1-6

Coincidence or LP7 clue?

they used the powers of ten video during the twisted logic tour when playing the scientist. I don't think it's a lp7 clue.

But perhaps it's a clue that Coldplay are part of the illuminati (not srs).

Edit: oh I see this was pointed out by the coldplayatlas crew. Meh, still doesn't convince me that there's a connection.

I hope this is a clue. Any sort of thing to set us fans on a frantic search is welcome :) I kind of think it is a coincidence, I mean, the video itself is really mind blowing and anyone could recommend it, plus the pyramid is just the production company (though I must say that compared to the end of the True Love video it is a little suspicious.)

Wonder if a colour pyramid will be a visual theme for LP7. Could they have planned that far back? I certainly hope they don't use that, because it would be too similar to The Dark Side of the Moon.

What I do like is the music. I am personally a really big fan of that cheesy, 80's synth vibe and I know the boys like that stuff too. After hearing some of the modular synth tunes in the last year from Rik Simpson and then the music for the "The Power of Ten," I would love to hear a bright, happy record with those kind of wonky, funky programmed synthesizers!

i'll be ok with bright and happy, as long as it is not forced like in mx. hoping for something new for coldplay, but like mentioned before, don't think the band would take chances with a big final blowout record before whatever the next chapter is.

i'll be ok with bright and happy, as long as it is not forced like in mx. hoping for something new for coldplay, but like mentioned before, don't think the band would take chances with a big final blowout record before whatever the next chapter is.

Mx was ok but seemed a little forced like you said, to be honest I miss will's drumming the most. In these last two albums, he was real quiet. I hope he goes back to his regular drumset in ahfod instead of electronic drums.

thought this was interesting. from today's oracle

Q. Hi! I heard that Coldplay was recording with Rik Simpson in Malibu/LA. Was it the whole band or just Chris? Thanks!

THE ORACLE REPLIES:

That particular session was just Rik but that's obviously not always the case. It's worth remembering the band often do bits & pieces alone, together or in smaller groups (Jonny & Chris, Chris & Rik etc.) They have always recorded together & separately.

so the chances are chris is recording in LA and collaborating with the rest of the band in london, since they haven't been at the bakery/beehive together in ages.

^ I was just in Malibu yesterday! Absolutely beautiful. I wish I could have spotted a band member! I suppose it is reassuring to know that they have always recorded bits and pieces separately. I was worried about it but I suppose that this way of recording is nothing new!