✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

if coldplay downgraded its not rihanna's fault, people here always blame her, its ridicolous

if coldplay is mediocre now its their own fault, and lets all be honest, their production with GS reached a new whole level and dear god its 10000 better than VlV, the mixing and production of GS its one of their best ever.

The only thing that needs to get better is not the sound, pop or rock or jazz or metal or whatever the instrumental rarely is the cringe-worthy part, the thing that needs to change its the lyrics.

Princess of china was way too electronic for my taste plus coldplay doesn't need to collaborate with anyone else. The gs production was bland at times. It was nothing new. Viva la was was their most experimental and every song on album sounded completely different. It's brilliant. They had gotten even better with viva la vida, if you ask any coldplay fan, 9 times out of 10 they'll say viva la vida is the better album. GS and MX were ok at best. That's the truth.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think anything that they have done is bad. Why does there have to be a "best"?

It depends on who you ask. It's just that some albums are better than others but no album is terrible, every album has great songs on it.

I don't think anything that they have done is bad. Why does there have to be a "best"?

Exactly. There isn't a 'best' all LP's are all just artistically different. It's people's personal taste influencing the decision. [emoji165]

It's like saying one particular flavour of crisps is better than another....some people will argue that chicken is the best flavour whilst others will be adamant that BBQ is....neither are the best they are different! ....personal preference.

Imagine a world where everything was the same bland flavour[emoji17]

Music is such a beautiful artform of creation and diversity.....all 6 albums are so very beautiful for there own very special uniqueness....[emoji93]

It's all a matter of opinion. Yes the majority might say that viva was their best era, but I say that MX was their best because of the ambition of it all. The xylobands were very unique and the whole tour was about color with the lasers and just having fun!

Each era is unique in its own way, the mx era was the most colorful that's for sure.

ok so coldplay are officially involved in tidal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If you want to join us in something exciting, please turn your profile blue <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TIDALforALL?src=hash">#TIDALforALL</a> PH <a href="http://t.co/1IxBJnMTGH">pic.twitter.com/1IxBJnMTGH</a></p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/582397349005271040">March 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

maybe AHFOD will be released using TIDAL...? I mean, if coldplay is about to change all their social media and put some major push into advertising this music platform, it would make sense to use their music as an enticement

maybe AHFOD will be released using TIDAL...? I mean, if coldplay is about to change all their social media and put some major push into advertising this music platform, it would make sense to use their music as an enticement

it's not just coldplay. a lot of musicians have taken part in this campaign. if you ask me, this whole raising awareness with changing profile pics is a pretty lame campaign for a for-profit relatively new company. i mean all the hoopla about being part of changing the music history is ....

if coldplay downgraded its not rihanna's fault, people here always blame her, its ridicolous

if coldplay is mediocre now its their own fault, and lets all be honest, their production with GS reached a new whole level and dear god its 10000 better than VlV, the mixing and production of GS its one of their best ever.

The only thing that needs to get better is not the sound, pop or rock or jazz or metal or whatever the instrumental rarely is the cringe-worthy part, the thing that needs to change its the lyrics.

I don't blame Rihanna, there will always be genetically engineered pop as long as there is money to be made from it, I just think that Coldplay can do a hell of a lot better then working within it. When people mention her, it's usually as a representative of how Coldplay have become more mainstream and unimaginative.

I honestly don't know anyone could think GS has better production than Viva - Eno brought all the colour and energy out of those songs. GS is very patchy production-wise IMO, Magic is great and clear whereas Another's Arms is completely dead and lifeless - same with Always in my Head. Lots of overproduction I think, stylish but unneeded.

Agreed, the lyrics are cringed but I don't think Chris will ever be a good lyricist - Viva is as good as it's getting there I think. As to the sound, I think that pop styling are fine when applied to other things - they've never exactly been early Metallica but why not try things that don't sound like everyone else in the charts? Like Midnight for instance, the kind of electronica they should be doing IMO.

it's not just coldplay. a lot of musicians have taken part in this campaign. if you ask me, this whole raising awareness with changing profile pics is a pretty lame campaign for a for-profit relatively new company. i mean all the hoopla about being part of changing the music history is ....

Hey, they're just trying to make you excited about spending your money! :angry:

:lol:

most likely they are, but it doesn't matter to me i've never been a fan of music streaming. i'm going to buy the actual cd when it comes out.

I don't blame Rihanna, there will always be genetically engineered pop as long as there is money to be made from it, I just think that Coldplay can do a hell of a lot better then working within it. When people mention her, it's usually as a representative of how Coldplay have become more mainstream and unimaginative.

I honestly don't know anyone could think GS has better production than Viva - Eno brought all the colour and energy out of those songs. GS is very patchy production-wise IMO, Magic is great and clear whereas Another's Arms is completely dead and lifeless - same with Always in my Head. Lots of overproduction I think, stylish but unneeded.

Agreed, the lyrics are cringed but I don't think Chris will ever be a good lyricist - Viva is as good as it's getting there I think. As to the sound, I think that pop styling are fine when applied to other things - they've never exactly been early Metallica but why not try things that don't sound like everyone else in the charts? Like Midnight for instance, the kind of electronica they should be doing IMO.

all of coldplay's albums are unique because each one sounds different. granted, some albums sound better than others but every album ALWAYS has a couple of beautiful songs on it.

all of coldplay's albums are unique because each one sounds different. granted, some albums sound better than others but every album ALWAYS has a couple of beautiful songs on it.

Yes agreed every album has 'a couple of beautiful songs' ....even more...every album has LOTS of beautiful songs! [emoji122][emoji445][emoji5]️

Absolutely, but they haven't done a truly above average album since Viva IMO. Hopefully AHFOD is a statement of intent from a band that is threatening to become a band defined only by "the early stuff"