✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imagine if we got a dance flavoured ambient rock record...

OR an IDM (NOT EDM!!) abstract album with 10 minute songs and psychedelic guitars ...

OR a classically styled orchestral alum with dance beats and big choruses....

How great would that be....

Probably just get more bland Rihanna-pop though.

Yeah, don't get your hopes up too much I would say :D

I got really excited when the duration of the Ghost Stories tracks appeared on iTunes, with O being 7 minutes and 46 seconds long. But nope, it turned out to be two different songs with a 2-minute gap in between.

OR an IDM (NOT EDM!!) abstract album with 10 minute songs and psychedelic guitars ...

I don't we're gonna get another pop album, they already made enough pop songs. It would be cool if they would make a progressive rock album or an album like viva with real drums and guitars and not synthesizers or electronic drums. If they make another pop album, I will be very very disappointed. Fingers crossed they make a rockier album ✌️

I am aching for this album....It would be so wonderful if they could surprise us with a single [emoji7]....Progressive rock.....oh god please hurryyyyy. As I think to myself...."good things come to those who wait" [emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]

well, given that they had ideas for a head full of dreams before ghost stories was released, and since they've been working on the album since october of last year, they should be done with it in june or july. hopefully they tease us with something soon. or even better would be if they dropped the album with no warning :D

well, given that they had ideas for a head full of dreams before ghost stories was released, and since they've been working on the album since october of last year, they should be done with it in june or july. hopefully they tease us with something soon. or even better would be if they dropped the album with no warning :D

Sadly unlike Radiohead who are not contracted by any record label and are free to do what they like, Coldplay will be limited to what EMI (or whatever they are called these days) wants. They might get away with doing a free song released straight away, but the likes of dropping the album without prior promotion probably won't be liked by the bosses at EMI. Although Beyonce did a sudden drop with her last album so anything is possible.

Worst is when they announce the album is being released in 12 weeks time, time for it to leak

I don't we're gonna get another pop album, they already made enough pop songs. It would be cool if they would make a progressive rock album or an album like viva with real drums and guitars and not synthesizers or electronic drums. If they make another pop album, I will be very very disappointed. Fingers crossed they make a rockier album ��✌️

You may have to change your expectations there... I mean, when you look at Coldplay's output as a band, they write quintessential pop music (and do it quite well.) If we were to get technical here, every single one of their albums is a pop rock/alternative rock/electronic pop. You can't get around that fact despite some of their more alternative moments, which every album certainly has.

With GS and MX, in my opinion, they really embraced pop and mainstream sounds. I have been one of those Coldplayer's ever since Viva who has really hoped they would keep getting more alternative sounding, but it has kind of been the opposite. AHFOD will most certainly be a pop album. I think the questions should be: What kind of pop? Ambient, alternative, indie pop? Or mainstream, dance, electro-pop? I would just be EXTREMELY surprised if they dropped a really crazy album that suddenly divided fans and didn't fit in with the rest of their discography, especially when it is supposed to be "the end of something."

Most likely. Do Jonny, Guy and Will actually pitch in their ideas? I honestly don't know if they all totally agree with the type of music they're making now. I'm sure at this point, at least one of them thought, "Maybe we should stray away from bubblegum pop. Maybe we should try something different."

If they all do agree with Chris and his ideas, then I'll be damned.

You may have to change your expectations there... I mean, when you look at Coldplay's output as a band, they write quintessential pop music (and do it quite well.) If we were to get technical here, every single one of their albums is a pop rock/alternative rock/electronic pop. You can't get around that fact despite some of their more alternative moments, which every album certainly has.

With GS and MX, in my opinion, they really embraced pop and mainstream sounds. I have been one of those Coldplayer's ever since Viva who has really hoped they would keep getting more alternative sounding, but it has kind of been the opposite. AHFOD will most certainly be a pop album. I think the questions should be: What kind of pop? Ambient, alternative, indie pop? Or mainstream, dance, electro-pop? I would just be EXTREMELY surprised if they dropped a really crazy album that suddenly divided fans and didn't fit in with the rest of their discography, especially when it is supposed to be "the end of something."

I've been a coldplay fan for a long time ever since their safety ep and their music has changed from album to album and they don't make the same album twice. Mylo and gs were similar. Both albums were synthy and poppy. They were ok albums but for this album if it's their last forever or if they go on hiatus, they won't go pop on us, i think they're going to go progressive rock. Even chris said gs was a one time thing. They know they can make better albums and I believe they're going to get edgier in the next album hopefully! But we'll just have to wait and find out :D

So what facts do we know then??

Have I mentioned the facts thread? *shameless plug

Re: LP7 theme.

It's hard to tell how the inner workings of the band work. It could go many ways.

Is it all Chris's decision and everyone has to deal with it?

Is it all the higher ups who make the decision, or at least nudge the band in a certain direction?

Is it as democratic as the band say it is and everyone has equal say?

I personally have no clue how it works. I mean, I know what they've said in the past in interviews and whatnot, but there's that and what really happens, which could end up being the same thing. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I just feel if it were higher ups running the show, we would see it being poppier. If not, I see it being slightly more alt rocky. I'm not quite naïve enough to believe upper management has zero input, so i'd guess that LP7 would be a bit poppy in the style of MX.

I mean, I know I would prefer a more alt rock theme, but there's a difference between what I want and what is likely.

Have I mentioned the facts thread? *shameless plug

Re: LP7 theme.

It's hard to tell how the inner workings of the band work. It could go many ways.

Is it all Chris's decision and everyone has to deal with it?

Is it all the higher ups who make the decision, or at least nudge the band in a certain direction?

Is it as democratic as the band say it is and everyone has equal say?

I personally have no clue how it works. I mean, I know what they've said in the past in interviews and whatnot, but there's that and what really happens, which could end up being the same thing. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I just feel if it were higher ups running the show, we would see it being poppier. If not, I see it being slightly more alt rocky. I'm not quite naïve enough to believe upper management has zero input, so i'd guess that LP7 would be a bit poppy in the style of MX.

I mean, I know I would prefer a more alt rock theme, but there's a difference between what I want and what is likely.

Everyone has a say in the making of an album but it's usually chris and will that get the last word. The style of the album is all up to the band. The record label controls when the music will be released and in what format on cd or itunes for example.

Update on the recording stage of 'A Head Full Of Dreams', from Rik Simpson himself:

http://www.riksimpson.com/blog/a-head-full-of-music#comments

So I just got back to London from another very productive recording session in LA.

The album is really beginning to shine I think. Beyond that I can say no more, people will have to wait and hear it when it's ready. I will say this though, I love this point of recording an album. It's like the initial nerves of trying to find the path the record wants to take is over and we're just running free with it now, following wherever it decides to take us yet still reining it in occasionally so we're still pointed in the correct direction.

Here's a shot of one of the studios we've been in last week, a beautiful hardwood room on the top of a hill in Malibu with a 180 degree view of the ocean. One of the most inspirational spots I've visited in recent years.

2778941.jpg?1427220902

If that's largely the case, it's very interesting because that's something they did before X&Y but they scraped a lot of the songs because there wasn't enough chemistry when recording in a different place from each other, or something along those lines.

The family is very important to Chris. But the kids are also "disturbing" the recording of this album. It makes me sad to see them working separated. Wish they could work together in the Bakery again!

If that's largely the case, it's very interesting because that's something they did before X&Y but they scraped a lot of the songs because there wasn't enough chemistry when recording in a different place from each other, or something along those lines.

That's news to me. I thought in general, the genesis comes from Chris and he works a bit on it, and gives it to the rest of the band to layer stuff on. I mean, that's how my own band do it. We've created stuff as a group as a jam, but the best ideas seem to find us when we're on our own. I actually would be more surprised if the band need to be around each other all the time in order to create good music. I think they only come together once they have a good base down from Chris or whoever.