✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

That's news to me. I thought in general, the genesis comes from Chris and he works a bit on it, and gives it to the rest of the band to layer stuff on. I mean, that's how my own band do it. We've created stuff as a group as a jam, but the best ideas seem to find us when we're on our own. I actually would be more surprised if the band need to be around each other all the time in order to create good music. I think they only come together once they have a good base down from Chris or whoever.

Your idea is correct in one hand, because the great ideas appear when we're alone (like Magic and Guy). But they also need to spend much time together to record the songs and for what I see they are always separated (London vs Los Angeles)

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't we're gonna get another pop album, they already made enough pop songs. It would be cool if they would make a progressive rock album or an album like viva with real drums and guitars and not synthesizers or electronic drums. If they make another pop album, I will be very very disappointed. Fingers crossed they make a rockier album ✌️

I'm fairly confident this is going to be a pop album, lots of horrific "feel-good" songs like Miracles - It's called A Head Full of Dreams ffs.

IDK, I just feel that Ghost Stories, with the whole stripped-back theme, was a good chance to try out more experimental and alternative music...which they only did on Midnight. Chris probably sees that as an alternative record and AHFOD will be a return to pop form. Again, just think of all the amazing musicians and genres out there...Aphex Twin with his contortionist melodies and icy beats, Sigur Ros with their epic orchestral rock and progressive tendencies - even U2 would be an interesting collaboration if they could find form.

But no,

Chris is working with Rihanna.

*Sigh*

^ My feelings exactly. Only thing I know for certain is they probably won't turn into maroonfucking 5.

Just the thought of that gives me panic attacks!

I loved Maroon 5... They have great songs! But they changed their style a lot... (Sorry off-topic)

My thoughts exactly to both of these! What the crap happened to them?? If Coldplay did that, I think I'd cry for a long, long, long time

What's up with the bitterness? We genuinely have no idea what LP7 will sound like, or if AHFOD is even the final title. Sometimes I'm convinced Coldplay fans *want* them to release shitty material so it can properly be made fun of.

We still have a while to go until an announcement is made. Let's just enjoy the fact recording is happening, because it should be another fun ride.

Look. I'm all cool for something new, and of course we can all have a very very good guess that AHFOD is going to be poppy. I am okay if it's positive styled music. Like if it were songs full of Miracles, DLIBYH, ASFOS (without too much EDM) and that style, I am fine with that. If they went full on legit pop and started using electronic drum for every song, with a 4 chord song, and totally useless, unexciting guitar parts with simple melodies, for every single song on the album, that's where I will be quite annoyed. The one off radio pop song, fine. But a whole album, sorry not really my thing. Of course I would absolutely love AROBTTH/Parachutes styled album, but that's not happening (this time round anyway).

So essentially in my opinion:

Overly poppy, sounding like its a new teen pop sensation artist - Not cool.

Happy, positive music that makes me feel good and it builds up and has nice parts from all the boys - Great!

Parachutes/AROBTTH styled album - I must be dreaming! :P

But hey, it's more Coldplay and I'm excited either way! :D

Is it true that this album might be their last? Chris might be meaning it in teams of creativeness.

Don't listen to Jc, it's practically confirmed.

Guy will be starting up his modeling career while Chris and Johnny will become gardeners on the frontline. Will will become a swiss army musician.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Don't listen to Jc, it's practically confirmed.

Guy will be starting up his modeling career while Chris and Johnny will become gardeners on the frontline. Will will become a swiss army musician.

Lol....gardeners...tending with thy hands....Swiss army musician....cute [emoji274][emoji275] [emoji165]Guy is already a model ....

Now I'm wondering why A Head Full of Dreams has to be a "positive album"? I mean, we are guessing that just by the title? Because if that's the case, it could also mean completely the opposite, like someone feeling at the bottom of a well and just thinking about other perspective and how bad things could change someday in the future and turn into good things. This could also be their darker album to date, maybe this is the missing piece of the puzzle.

Now I'm wondering why A Head Full of Dreams has to be a "positive album"? I mean, we are guessing that just by the title? Because if that's the case, it could also mean completely the opposite, like someone feeling at the bottom of a well and just thinking about other perspective and how bad things could change someday in the future and turn into good things. This could also be their darker album to date, maybe this is the missing piece of the puzzle.

I don't think they are capable of making album that doesn't have a darker sounding track on it, but that said I think LP7 has to be overall positive feeling. Ghost Stories overall was somber and kinda sad, and Jonny already said to Jo Whiley that the album was kind of sounding like the Day to Ghost Stories' Night. Plus, Chris as the principle songwriter seemed a lot more positive and confident than ever before by the end of the GS era.

But I do agree with you. I think it would be awesome if there were just as many nightmares as dreams on LP7 :)

Chris already said the album's going to be uplifting and colorful. It seems to me like they're recreating a sequel to mylo xyloto? I just hope a head full of dreams sounds more like viva and less like mx.

Chris already said the album's going to be uplifting and colorful. It seems to me like they're recreating a sequel to mylo xyloto? I just hope a head full of dreams sounds more like viva and less like mx.

What? You can have an uplifting album without it being poppy or cheesy. Coldplay is capable of it.

I know. It's called viva la vida or death and all his friends. That album was their last great album. Mylo xyloto and ghost stories were good but way too poppy. Hopefully a head full of dreams won't sound like their last two albums. Something different would be great.

Oh yessssss please sir....and Death and All his Friends....also with some other tracks with harmonica....classical piano....I'm just getting excited! Cannot wait for new creations.[emoji119][emoji112][emoji122][emoji119]

I'm hoping for this kind of vibe too! :D