✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay setlist cull - Which songs need 'a rest'?

Guest howyousawtheworld

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face has to go along with Paradise (or any track from MX). Would like to hear more songs from the Viva La Vida Era (Glass of Water, 42 or Life In Technicolor ii to name just a few).

Viva La Vida and Fix you are gonna stay in the set. It would be like going to a U2 concert and not hearing Where The Streets Have No Name or One.

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face has to go along with Paradise (or any track from MX). Would like to hear more songs from the Viva La Vida Era (Glass of Water, 42 or Life In Technicolor ii to name just a few).

Viva La Vida and Fix you are gonna stay in the set. It would be like going to a U2 concert and not hearing Where The Streets Have No Name or One.

Or going to a Radiohead concert and not hearing Creep! Oh wait....

That's why unfortunately we are keeping hearing Viva all the time. I love Viva, one of my Top 5 songs from that record and Viva Era, but I'm so tired of that. They at least could change the live performance a little bit like they always do with GPSUYF.

Paradise needs some serious rest. There's no need of ETIAW when they have some similar song with SFOAS to play live. I would keep Charlie Brown because I think they have to play at least one single from every album and for me Charlie Brown was one the best singles of MX. Clocks with God Put Smile Upon Your Face is in my TOP 10 or 5 favorites songs, so I think they should keep these two for me LOL.

I would love if they bring back Politik (they played a few times during the MX era) and keep the new Life is for Living live version.

PS: I love how they decided to give In My Place and Yellow a little rest.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I still don't know why there's no 42 (which fits with album theme) or Cemeteries Of London, they are nice songs...

Cemeteries of London please! Too often it is overlooked by fans and the band itself.

It seems ETIAW is the black sheep of the live songs. To say it doesn't cut it would be an understatement.

I wish they'd play Speed of Sound but Chris said in an interview with Howard Stern that he can't listen to that song anymore because he doesn't like the studio version. He insisted that he felt no need to right the wrong in live performances :/ Still, maybe one day when I finally see them I'll get lucky :lol:

clocks - please give it a rest - but I know why they play it, because it was the other big hit for them and grammy winner. Their philosophy is that they have to think some of their audience is seeing them for the first time - so they would want to hear clocks.

Fix You and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face need a rest, They could play Speed Of Sound and Amsterdam instead. Don't get me wrong, I love those songs, but they have been played since they were released.

Indeed - they have enough singles to switch things around. Last tour when they switched Lost out for Lovers in Japan was a great move.

I really wish they could put songs that are 'underestimated' so to say. That are so so so so awesome, but just haven't had their share on the big stage. I would like to see VLV go, it's a good song, but sometimes things wear out. As much as Yellow is overplayed, it still holds a very special place in my heart, and for the more-than-a-decade it's been out, it still hasn't gotten tiring to listen to (like VLV). That's what really makes a good song. I'd love to see 42 and Strawberry swing played live, and possibly more songs from X&Y, I absolutely adore Swallowed in the Sea. Oh, and Warning sign should make an appearance also.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

To be honest, this is how their setlist might turn out to be

1. Always In My Head

2. Charlie Brown

3. Ink

4. In My Place

5. Cemetries Of London

6. Magic

7.Anothers arm's

8. Don't panic

9. Clocks

10. Lost