✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Setlist for the LP7 tour

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it too hard now to write a setlist for what I want becuase there are sooooo many songs now for such a small amount if time. And MY PERSONAL setlist would be different to a BELIEVABLE setlist.

All I want to hear before I die is Politik, Shiver, Amsterdam, See You Soon and Everything's Not Lost then I am happy

My thoughts would be as long as Yellow, ETIAW, VLV, and ASFOS are in the setlist - I will love this band forever and ever :D. I'm also expecting they would play some rare songs like The Whisper when they played it in LA for the first time, which that was unexpected but amazing! Maybe songs like Gravity, My Feet Wont Touch The Ground (I loooove this song), Life in Technicolor (This is mad!).. My life would be so complete :D

Ooooh and The Goldrush too lol but I think that is nearly impossible :P

Just realized something ...

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is obvious to be main set closer next tour, but I think it would fit much better early in the set followed by In My Place! It could be used in the same way as Major Minus on the MX tour, where Chris said hello and welcomed before it. Teardrop's drum outro into In My Place's drum intro flows perfectly.

Start of the set could look like this:

LP7 song

???

- Chris talking -

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

In My Place

Just realized something ...

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is obvious to be main set closer next tour, but I think it would fit much better early in the set followed by In My Place! It could be used in the same way as Major Minus on the MX tour, where Chris said hello and welcomed before it. Teardrop's drum outro into In My Place's drum intro flows perfectly.

Start of the set could look like this:

LP7 song

???

- Chris talking -

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

In My Place

While I agree going from ETIAW to IMP would work, I think going from Chris talking to ETIAW would.

0. Ambient Intro

1. Always In My Head

2. Yellow

3. LP7 Song

4. In My Place

5. True Love

6. Major Minus

7. Politik

8. LP7 Song

9. GPASUYF / 42

10. LP7 Song / O

--- (B Stage)

11. Midnight

12. Us Against the World

13. LP7 Piano Song / Another's Arms

---

14. Charlie Brown

15. Violet Hill

16. Viva la Vida

17. LP7 Song

18. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

--- (C Stage)

19. Magic - Stripped Back

---

20. Fix You

21. LP7 Song

22. A Sky Full of Stars

Of course I can't really say a particular setlist prediction is 'wrong', but here are some things i'm noticing.

The setlist is unlikely to start and end with anything other than the LP7 era opener, or at the very least, an LP7 era song. I hate to name names, but just as an example, the previous user (^above me) listed Always in My Head and A Sky Full of Stars as the bookend songs which I think is very unlikely to happen.

Also, when designing setlists, keep this in mind. If they can cut Politik out of their show, no song is safe from being cut.

I think (and I hope) that In My Place will get some rest

I'm on the fence with IMP. The song itself is getting old/repetitive. But the energy that it creates at concerts (the confetti, Chris/Jonny interaction time, etc), is pretty cool.

(Chris/Jonny interaction time, etc) is pretty cool.

Marija how could you even think about putting a stop to In My Place, WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THE C/J PICS FROM THE CHRIS & JONNY THREAD COME FROM D:

I second that..

I want more spontaneous setlists like the ones in Viva era with all the renditions & covers done on the C stage. The MX setlist was almost the same during the whole tour!!!

Marija how could you even think about putting a stop to In My Place, WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THE C/J PICS FROM THE CHRIS & JONNY THREAD COME FROM D:

Exactly. While I am a straight man, I understand the gals need to perv out too once in a while.

oH SHIT D:

Well..umm... other songs can be good for buckin moments as well (for example - white shadows or daylight) :awesome:

but not as good as in my place :sick:

unless LP7 will have new song for buckin intimacy :charming:

oH SHIT D:

Well..umm... other songs can be good for buckin moments as well (for example - white shadows or daylight) :awesome:

unless LP7 will have new song for buckin intimacy :charming:

Oh boy, i wonder what the title for that song would be....

0 - Intro (ET?)

1 - Big ass Will drum bashing energetic rocking anthem (LP7 song)

2 - Politik (yes, back to that slot, bigger than ever!)

3 - Coldplay's best ever song so far (LP7 song)

--- Crowd chanting

4 - Paradise

5 - Violet Hill

6 - Piano ballad (LP7 song)

7 - Shiver

8 - GPASUYF (Techno + 2012 version combined!)

9 - In My Place

---------

B-stage

10 - LP7 song

11 - Oceans

--------

Main stage again

12 - Clocks

13 - Viva La Vida

14 - New song with Rihanna (LP7 song - the one Chris mentioned in the interview)

15 - LP7 song

16 - Trouble

----------

c-stage

17 - Magic (agree with jackparker)

-----

main stage

18 - LP7 song

19 - A Sky Full Of Stars

20 - A Message

21 - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

------

encore...

22 - Charlie Brown

23 - LP7 song

24 - LP7 song

A mixture of hope and realism :P

I don't think we will see Always In My Head again and 100% for sure not as the first song of the show, I think not many Ghost Stories songs will make it when its a stadium based setlist, Fix You is on the way out for a little period like Politik, In My Place will stay around, its Jonny's song :D (Magic is Guy's, the new intro will be Will's ;) ) X&Y will only have one song again sadly, I have feeling A Message will be make a surprise return.

I understand the gals need to perv out too once in a while.

to perv out too once in a while.

once in a while.

tumblr_m51yldCJmY1qe776b.gif

:nod:

Oh boy, i wonder what the title for that song would be....

It will actually just be called "Bukin Intimacy" :P

Buckintimacy

In reality, only a few songs off Ghost Stories work live well, and those are Magic, Ink, partially True Love, Midnight would be ok and A Sky Full Of Stars. Other songs are just not meant to translate to that arena-like venues. I could be wrong however, as I'm sure I will be!