✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-SEP-2015] Global Citizen Festival, New York

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, thats what I heard based on what she sang earlier. She said her name and said 'I'm so sexy' something like that lol

Oh that [emoji23] its a famous item song that Sunidhi sang in a Bollywood film. It went like 'Sheila ki jawaani, Im way too sexy for you'

I detest that song so much, i detest every other song she decides to sing even though she has a great smoky voice.

Im fine with my Coldplay lol

I enjoyed the addition of Yellow in the short set. They didn't play it much on the short GS tour or gigs, dont know why. I enjoyed the new song. I just wish Chris would have played the piano instead of using a backing track, Id rather him sing and play piano than just stand there singing with a backing track of a piano. Maybe he's getting lazy? I dont know. His voice seems a bit strained too. Its not as strong as it use to be, which saddens me a bit.

As for the whole Ariana Grande duet, I thought it was pretty good. Lets be real, she can sing. Don't be naive people. If you dont like her music, thats fine, but she has a good voice. There was a point during the song where I believe she was motioning to Chris to take over the song, but Chris didn't want too cause I think he felt he couldnt sing it or it was out of his range.

It does seem like they need to tighten some things up before they go on tour, seemed a bit unorganized or they were off a bit. But I know they are professionals and perfectionist and they will fix it!

From the soundcheck videos they were using the backing track for the piano as well. I think regardless of the piano breaking during the actual set, they were going to use the backing track anyways. Just my opinion. I guess we'll have to wait and see with future performances of the song.

It does seem like they need to tighten some things up before they go on tour, seemed a bit unorganized or they were off a bit. But I know they are professionals and perfectionist and they will fix it!

By "they" do you mean Coldplay or Chris and Ariana? Because I don't think Chris and Ariana are going on tour together....

Somewhere in Roadie 42's blog it tells the story of a mad search on the day of an MX tour show for a piano to replace 2 broken ones. :lol: They very nearly didn't get it! At least today's show was a short set so the lack of a functioning piano was no big deal. Despite the bad start to Yellow it was a pleasant surprise in the setlist after being mostly absent from the GS shows. I think they had a lot of fun with that song today.

Man I'm loving these festival highlights playing right now... currently they're flashing back to Viva la Vida :D

EDIT: You've gotta kidding me... they didn't include Amazing Day in their festival highlights?? In my opinion that was the highlight of the night.

I enjoyed the addition of Yellow in the short set. They didn't play it much on the short GS tour or gigs, dont know why. I enjoyed the new song. I just wish Chris would have played the piano instead of using a backing track, Id rather him sing and play piano than just stand there singing with a backing track of a piano. Maybe he's getting lazy? I dont know. His voice seems a bit strained too. Its not as strong as it use to be, which saddens me a bit.

As for the whole Ariana Grande duet, I thought it was pretty good. Lets be real, she can sing. Don't be naive people. If you dont like her music, thats fine, but she has a good voice. There was a point during the song where I believe she was motioning to Chris to take over the song, but Chris didn't want too cause I think he felt he couldnt sing it or it was out of his range.

@ the first paragraph: He couldn't play the piano, that stupid thing broke... :P

Also I have been noticing that too. His voice seems to be getting a tad weaker which is sad to think about but he is getting older. :(

@ the second paragraph: I completely agree. I don't know why everyone's complaining about Ariana Grande, she has a great voice... also that new song she sang with Chris was beautiful, even more beautiful arguably when she teamed up with Chris! I loved it! :D It's fine if you don't like her music, but you've gotta admit she's beautiful and does have a great voice.

@ the third paragraph: I think that's because Coldplay hasn't seen the stage in a while. I think it's just the excitement and the nervousness and the power and all that's getting to them and overwhelming them, and that's why he seemed really off in iHeart. It must have been exciting, exhilerating, unbelievable, amazing, crazy, and powerful at all the same time to hit the stage and perform in front of a massive crowd you haven't seen in forever for the first time in forever. I can see why it all threw him off a bit. He was better this time around but I think on the tour they'll pull themselves together more and more as they go on. They do seem a bit rusty but they're professionals and will get back at it in no time! :D

Great show, love the new song! But does Chris seem off to anyone else? His vocals have not been the best these past two shows. I wonder if it's just nerves or not playing for so long. He seems to get out of breath a lot quicker than he used to. Other than that, the rest of the band are on fire! Loved Jonny's guitar in the new song. Also, Guy's bass was awesome. And Will's drumming?! I loved that towards the end. Now they just need to release a studio version of the song.

Great show, love the new song! But does Chris seem off to anyone else? His vocals have not been the best these past two shows. I wonder if it's just nerves or not playing for so long. He seems to get out of breath a lot quicker than he used to. Other than that, the rest of the band are on fire! Loved Jonny's guitar in the new song. Also, Guy's bass was awesome. And wills drumming?! I loved that towards the end. Now they just need to release a studio version of the song.

I think Chris' offness comes from either the excitement and exhileration of hitting the stage and performing for the first time in a long time, or maybe him just getting older which I really hope isn't the case. Because when he and the band goes on tour it's better if he's in top form. Hopefully he'll pull it together...

Have you seen Will's arms at the ending of Yellow?

0sSfkZz.jpg

dAMN SON :wideeyed:

Wow! I am surprised he didn't pop a blood vessel! He was great the entire time, I just meant about the new song in particular. And poor Chris, when they put the drums for Viva right behind him. He backed right into it!