✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-SEP-2015] Global Citizen Festival, New York

I heard the track for paradise start and stop and then Chris got his guitar and moved to Yellow. as they removed the piano he commented on that. I thought that. I thought that maybe he had skipped it and they weren't going back to it; didn't know piano was broken. As for his stamina and voice, I noticed both off last week at Iheart fest and thought it might be fatigue from India. He certainly jumped high that night. The big anthem songs usually stretch his range but fix you sounds best with Will's backing, so maybe they should stick to that on tour and forget ETIAW

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show, love the new song! But does Chris seem off to anyone else? His vocals have not been the best these past two shows. I wonder if it's just nerves or not playing for so long. He seems to get out of breath a lot quicker than he used to. Other than that, the rest of the band are on fire! Loved Jonny's guitar in the new song. Also, Guy's bass was awesome. And Will's drumming?! I loved that towards the end. Now they just need to release a studio version of the song.

I agree with you. I thought Chris sang Viva and Yellow well, but by the time ASFOS came, he looked completely winded, but at the same time I don't think he sings that song that well live. I don't know, something is going on there I think, whether age is just starting to work on Chris (which we all hate to think about but eventually it just does), or maybe he's shaking off the rust, I don't know. Guess we will know once the new tour hits what exactly is going on.

I agree with you. I thought Chris sang Viva and Yellow well, but by the time ASFOS came, he looked completely winded, but at the same time I don't think he sings that song that well live. I don't know, something is going on there I think, whether age is just starting to work on Chris (which we all hate to think about but eventually it just does), or maybe he's shaking off the rust, I don't know. Guess we will know once the new tour hits what exactly is going on.

Exactly right. ASFOS is definitely a hard song to sing, and he does have trouble with it usually. I unfortunately think age is beginning to be a factor as well. I really hope its just him shaking off the rust, as you said. Time will tell. Also, these past two performances have been out of the norm for them anyway. They haven't yet defined their atmosphere for the tour. Where as during MX, they had everything worked out from the get go. The stage design, the set up, the performance. Everything was on point from the beginning and yet it got better as time went on. I feel like once they define everything, it will get better. [emoji4]

Well, I'm back from Central Park. Coldplay put on a great show, the energy of the crowd was great but I wished they had played longer. Ariana's appearance was a very huge surprise and Amazing Day sounded, well...amazing. Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé really know how to put on a show! All in all, it was a great day with great music, and now I must get some rest, it was a very long day.

Well, I'm back from Central Park. Coldplay put on a great show, the energy of the crowd was great but I wished they had played longer. Ariana's appearance was a very huge surprise and Amazing Day sounded, well...amazing. Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé really know how to put on a show! All in all, it was a great day with great music, and now I must get some rest, it was a very long day.

Wow....you are so lucky to have experienced something so amazing! Congrats!!!

I was so lucky as to have a friend who had an extra ticket. Made it in unfortunately right after Coldplay's set. I could hear Amazing Day from the west side of the park as I was getting in. The line was so long... The rest of the night was killer though. I thought Beyoncé's performance was artful and beautiful. She is a symbol for women around the world and I love that. Ed Sheeran's voice is just beautiful and he was able to play his songs with just his guitar and a looper that looped drums, harmonies, and percussive guitar hits. Common played a few songs and he was pretty good. Chris made a cameo with Ed (so I still got to see my idol :P) and also introduced Sunidhi Chauhan, who was amazing in her time on stage. A lot of people really liked her and I figured most didn't know who she was.

The sound wasn't so great behind the second delay tower, but once we got in front of the tower there was no delay and the sound was more immersive and balanced...thank god. I enjoyed Pearl Jam immensely. I really love rock concerts and I wish Coldplay would return to that style a bit in their next album, but I'm thinking they're still in the soft-pop mode. I think Amazing Day is a bit bland, like a lot of their songs, but it has an emotion to it which I like, as well as the Indian influence. We'll have to see how the album turns out, but I might have to reduce my expectations.

lol, theres next to zero demand for the rest of the show. All the demand was for Amazing Day!

Do you happen to have a download for the entire show? I watched it but didn't record ;)

The download section isn't helping either