✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Single Predictions!

Hey y'all! Since anticipation is starting to boil for a new release, hopefully in this lovely month of August, the year of our band, 2015, let's keep the rampant speculation and predictions going! But this time, let's get more specific!

What will A Head Full Of Dream's first single sound like, assuming there is one at all? I want details people! Not just simple answers like "poppy" or "similar to such and such." Whoever is closest to the actual song will get bragging rights!

What will it be called? What sort of instrumentation? Lyrical themes? Structure? Etc?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is based on a dream I had. The track is called : Tell Me. It starts with atmospheric, airy piano and the whole band singing something in unison. The melody is much more interesting than the piano on ASFOS Suddenly, really out of nowhere, the cymbals crash and Jonny begins wailing a really fun bright guitar, while Guy starts slapping a really funky bassline. Old sounding Synths kick in with a new melody and the song has a fun standard pop structure. Very Michael Jackson, whole band playing. Slightly funky. Chris sings about love and wanting to know something from the gal.

According to recent rumors from a source close to the band, the album will not be called AHFOD, which was just a decoy name. It will be called "A Flush of Mud to the Toilead".

The first single will feature backing vocals from Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, a hip hop beat, Guy/Jonny/Will forming a dancing group around Chris who will sing gangsta-rap lyrics. It will be called "In your face".

Obviously it'll be a song entitled "Wet Dream"...and then, based upon the lyrics, speculation will run wild as to which of Chris' women he's referring to in the song. This will lead to the end of numerous relationships, the conception of countless children, a tsunami of TMZ rumors and eventually break the internet.

One thing I really, really want again are fuckin cool song titles. Say what you will about MX, but it had some of the neatest titles of their entire discography.

>> Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

lmao

Obviously it'll be a song entitled "Wet Dream"...and then, based upon the lyrics, speculation will run wild as to which of Chris' women he's referring to in the song. This will lead to the end of numerous relationships, the conception of countless children, a tsunami of TMZ rumors and eventually break the internet.

Wo-hooo we're in for a treat then! :cheesy:

I'm thinking something very Viva la Vida-y but with an 80's twist--an upbeat tempo led by a driving piano and bass duo. The whole band comes in singing at the chorus and Will comes in with a cymbal-centered drumbeat in the second verse. Obligatory "oh" thrown in a few times and then after the last chorus Jonny shows up with a marvelous guitar solo that then leads into a full-band outro where everyone is just going nuts, kind of like the ending of Glass of Water right before the final two lines.

The song will either have a fittingly bright, happy name ("The Night is for Dreamers" ) or a really dark, misleading one ("In the Black of Night"). It will be about overcoming your struggles to reach your dreams.

And, since every album seems to have a few lines that make a lyrical "theme" throughout the record (like feet not touching the ground in Viva), I think the song will make references to "the sun breaking through the clouds" or "finding a light in the dark" or something.

Wishful thinking moment: There are a few bars of silence with just Chris singing in his lower register all by himself before the whole band comes crashing in again :wacky: Like the "yeah, yeah, yeah" in Miracles

One thing I really, really want again are fuckin cool song titles. Say what you will about MX, but it had some of the neatest titles of their entire discography.

Viva la Vida started this in my opinion.. "Life in Technicolor, 42, Lovers in Japan, Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing" ok basically all but Lost were curiosity sparking titles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32076[/ATTACH]

It's the first song about incest in Coldplays career.

Bet you read that in Liam Neeson's voice :P

Death and All His Friends is one of the best titles ever, with Tomorrow Never Knows and Champagne Supernova. Out of Mylo I only really like Mylo Xyloto, Major Minus, and A Hopeful Transmission. I'm kind of glad I wasn't around for the release of that as I would have thought A Hopeful Transmission was going to be a lot more epic than it was. Viva definitely the best era title-wise.

Anyway...about the lead single...

I HOPE: What I hope for is really a heavy, yet melodic rock song. Like a Violet Hill that pulls less punches, or a Clocks but with an electric guitar riff instead of piano. I hope for a cool title without stars, birds, love, or any of the schmaltzy clichés they seem to view as deep these days, instead I hope for a spiky, interesting title like Lukas or Bloodless Revolution. I hope for lyrics that display an emotion other than either morose depression-lite or soulless optimism. Like anger, jealously or even better - bitterness. Something dark but confident and makes you feel good. Musically, I just hope it feels like I'm listening to a rock band. I want a cool drum beat, a grooving bass, and maybe some guitar from Jonny that's slightly less The Edge. Finally I hope the video shows the band looking cool as f**k and maybe even with a point to prove. No fireworks, lovers, happy endings, birds, stars, or soppy eye contact with the camera. That what I hope the single will be like.

I THINK: On the other hand, I don't think any of this will come true - except I'm sure it'll be very melodic. I think it'll be lightly instrumented, safe but feel good pop. Think Charlie Brown or Lovers in Japan. I think the title will be something like Hope or The Bright Side and the lyrics will be in the same vein as Miracles. I have no doubt the video will feature lots of colour and will probably depict some kind of party or live show interlaced with a happy story about young lovers. Despite how this comes across, I actually think it'll be a pretty good tune. Not Clocks, The Scientist or Politik good, but good. Most of their lead singles are strong regardless of the quality of the album and tend to show a high point of what they're trying to do. Happily, I can't see lp7's being an exception.

I KNOW: The only thing I know is that I'm excited. Allez Coldplay, it's never too late to be what you might have been. (Chorus of the single?)

According to recent rumors from a source close to the band, the album will not be called AHFOD, which was just a decoy name. It will be called "A Flush of Mud to the Toilead".

The first single will feature backing vocals from Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, a hip hop beat, Guy/Jonny/Will forming a dancing group around Chris who will sing gangsta-rap lyrics. It will be called "In your face".

x'D

• Like 1