August 19, 201511 yr It would be great if they were just winding us up this whole time, and it's actually called something like "Oncoming Storm" and it's really dark and heavy...like they knew how a large part of the fandom hated their happy oh-ooooh-ooh-oh songs and said "Hey, let's tell them it's called A Head Full of Dreams and hint its produced by Stargate...and Chris can wear a smiley face hat!" So while we're all here thinking we're going to get Colplay Does Katy Perry, they're all p*sssing themselves reading it....
August 19, 201511 yr It would be great if they were just winding us up this whole time, and it's actually called something like "Oncoming Storm" and it's really dark and heavy...like they knew how a large part of the fandom hated their happy oh-ooooh-ooh-oh songs and said "Hey, let's tell them it's called A Head Full of Dreams and hint its produced by Stargate...and Chris can wear a smiley face hat!" So while we're all here thinking we're going to get Colplay Does Katy Perry, they're all p*sssing themselves reading it.... I would cry tears of joy! [emoji15][emoji24]
August 19, 201511 yr It would be great if they were just winding us up this whole time, and it's actually called something like "Oncoming Storm" and it's really dark and heavy...like they knew how a large part of the fandom hated their happy oh-ooooh-ooh-oh songs and said "Hey, let's tell them it's called A Head Full of Dreams and hint its produced by Stargate...and Chris can wear a smiley face hat!" So while we're all here thinking we're going to get Colplay Does Katy Perry, they're all p*sssing themselves reading it.... While that would be great, I'm very excited to hear this new uplifting style they created/are creating. And I don't think it will be poppy tbh "I live to see the world"
August 19, 201511 yr I have this nudging feeling that the first single will be very electronic. Not in the EDM, Avicii sense of the word but more in the vein of Midnight, Just a more colourful sound.
August 19, 201511 yr I have this nudging feeling that the first single will be very electronic. Not in the EDM, Avicii sense of the word but more in the vein of Midnight, Just a more colourful sound. I wouldn't mind that tbh Midnight is one of the best songs in GS imo and I like this side of Coldplay, even though I'd love them to return to "real" rock "I live to see the world"
August 19, 201511 yr Midnight is the only moment of interest in the whole Ghost Stories era IMO, if rock is not what we get then I would LOVE a genuinely experimental electronic album in this vein too.
August 19, 201511 yr Midnight is the only moment of interest in the whole Ghost Stories era IMO, if rock is not what we get then I would LOVE a genuinely experimental electronic album in this vein too. I wouldn't be too harsh on GS, but yes, Midnight is one of the best moments the album has to offer. A fully electronic album would be nice. I like when the guys try new things and step out of their confort zone. "I live to see the world"
August 19, 201511 yr I just want SOMETHING ----- ANYTHING ----- SOOOOOOON......... I'm sinking into old age fast. I need a pick-me-up NOW !!!! c'mon guys.....:dizzy2:
August 19, 201511 yr I wouldn't be too harsh on GS, but yes, Midnight is one of the best moments the album has to offer. A fully electronic album would be nice. I like when the guys try new things and step out of their confort zone. "I live to see the world" To clarify, I don't mean it was the only good song from the era - just the only interesting one musically or stylistically speaking. Although I guess Magic is also somewhat interesting with its drum and bass loop. Coldplay's best songs are often their most experimental - take these for example: Daylight 42 Yes Chinese Sleep Chant Postcards From Far Away Major Minus Don't Let it Break Your Heart Midnight All outside of their comfort zone and IMO all brilliant. Imagine a whole based around these types of music!
August 19, 201511 yr To clarify, I don't mean it was the only good song from the era - just the only interesting one musically or stylistically speaking. Although I guess Magic is also somewhat interesting with its drum and bass loop. Magic is the perfect junction between the so called Oldplay and the latest, more electronic Coldplay imo Coldplay's best songs are often their most experimental - take these for example: Daylight 42 Yes Chinese Sleep Chant Postcards From Far Away Major Minus Don't Let it Break Your Heart Midnight All outside of their comfort zone and IMO all brilliant. Imagine a whole based around these types of music! I agree with you here. These songs are absolute masterpieces. They show that Coldplay can innovate and create new sounds; that they're dynamic. Yet, there's always a Coldplay feeling in all of these experimental songs. This is one of the reasons why I love them. "I live to see the world"
August 19, 201511 yr To clarify, I don't mean it was the only good song from the era - just the only interesting one musically or stylistically speaking. Although I guess Magic is also somewhat interesting with its drum and bass loop. Coldplay's best songs are often their most experimental - take these for example: Daylight 42 Yes Chinese Sleep Chant Postcards From Far Away Major Minus Don't Let it Break Your Heart Midnight All outside of their comfort zone and IMO all brilliant. Imagine a whole based around these types of music! The entire viva album was experimental, it's brilliant.
August 19, 201511 yr If ahfod is as experimental as viva, then it's going to be incredible, i think that's what they're doing with it. [emoji2][emoji106]
August 19, 201511 yr If ahfod is as experimental as viva, then it's going to be incredible, i think that's what they're doing with it. [emoji2][emoji106] I hope it is [emoji1] Maybe they'll turn the world upside down with this album "I live to see the world"
August 19, 201511 yr Maybe they'll turn the world upside down with this album "I live to see the world" I see what you did there ;)
August 19, 201511 yr I hope it is [emoji1] Maybe they'll turn the world upside down with this album "I live to see the world" With Davide Rossi adding horns on the new album, it should sound very interesting. That's something the band hasn't done before except with now my feet won't touch the ground. Maybe the band want to make a triumphant return with some fanfare? [emoji2][emoji106]
August 19, 201511 yr With Davide Rossi adding horns on the new album, it should sound very interesting. That's something the band hasn't done before except with now my feet won't touch the ground. Maybe the band want to make a triumphant return with some fanfare? [emoji2][emoji106] Ohhhh!!! This is so exciting!!! This will be a great album! NMFWTTG is such a beautiful song. If there's a similar song in the album I'll be very happy [emoji6] "I live to see the world"
August 19, 201511 yr Ohhhh!!! This is so exciting!!! This will be a great album! NMFWTTG is such a beautiful song. If there's a similar song in the album I'll be very happy [emoji6] "I live to see the world" I know! I'm confident this album will be great! [emoji2][emoji106]
August 22, 201511 yr I think horns were also used in Life is for Living. I still wish the guys would go back to making alternative rock, which is where they imho were best at. @diogo, sorry, but I couldn't agree less with Magic being a junction between Oldplay and electronic stuff. Magic could just have well been sung by Justin Timberlake, imho, it has a very, very different feeling to their earlier stuff. If there's anything that has elements of both old vibes and electronic sound in GS, it would be Oceans.
August 22, 201511 yr @diogo, sorry, but I couldn't agree less with Magic being a junction between Oldplay and electronic stuff. Magic could just have well been sung by Justin Timberlake, imho, it has a very, very different feeling to their earlier stuff. If there's anything that has elements of both old vibes and electronic sound in GS, it would be Oceans. Idk. Magic has that "old" feeling imo. Maybe it's bc of the guitar at the end. Oceans is definitely a great marriage between the electronic and the acoustic Coldplay, but Magic has something too. "I live to see the world"
August 22, 201511 yr I think horns were also used in Life is for Living. I still wish the guys would go back to making alternative rock, which is where they imho were best at. @diogo, sorry, but I couldn't agree less with Magic being a junction between Oldplay and electronic stuff. Magic could just have well been sung by Justin Timberlake, imho, it has a very, very different feeling to their earlier stuff. If there's anything that has elements of both old vibes and electronic sound in GS, it would be Oceans. horns weren't used in Life is for Living, it was a pump organ that was used.
August 22, 201511 yr horns weren't used in Life is for Living, it was a pump organ that was used. Oh, OK, didn't know that. @diogo: Well, different opinions again :) probably due to the fact that to me, Magic feels very newish because of its dominating drum beat and bass line.
August 23, 201511 yr ^ Magic does remind me of Oldplay and new Coldplay but IMO the best blend of the two from the past few years is Moving to Mars. That track has some of the newer, more electronic sound but if you remove some of that while keeping the spacey atmospheric elements, MtM could fit nicely into X&Y.
August 23, 201511 yr ^ Magic does remind me of Oldplay and new Coldplay but IMO the best blend of the two from the past few years is Moving to Mars. That track has some of the newer, more electronic sound but if you remove some of that while keeping the spacey atmospheric elements, MtM could fit nicely into X&Y. MTM could definitely fit into X&Y and Ghost Story could fit into AROBTTH. [emoji2][emoji106]
August 23, 201511 yr MTM could definitely fit into X&Y and Ghost Story could fit into AROBTTH. [emoji2][emoji106] Why did I forget about poor Ghost Story? :sad: You're right, it would've fit perfectly on AROBTTH.
Create an account or sign in to comment