✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Single Predictions!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arushofjacktothehead, your quote's in red.

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in blue.

getithom, your quote's in gold.

Oh yeah. Take notes Thom...;)

I think of it like this

Coldplay titles

Noon Of Day

La Mana

Zaxus

Kabini River

Written In Hindi

Blood-Red Bloom

Frigid Skyline

A Dragon Lay On My Fields

Radiohead titles

Switch-Touch Gates

Certification Spectrum

Baga Baga

Weakling

Doolailai

System Failure But Won't Give Up

SPAC8

4. is the 2. of 1.

Accurate?:P

Nice list! I'd say it's accurate. :P

Whoa, I think you and getitthom have got something good going here. The peacock meshes really well with all the colorfulness we've seen so far.

So the cover could be something like a peacock with its tail feathers fanned out, and the color wheel incorporated into the tail? Or the entire background of the cover could be the color wheel and the peacock is represented in the negative space? Or, to incorporate the third element of design that we've seen (the triangles), the whole cover could have a very geometric look, with the peacock composed of dozens of little colored triangles.

I'm just spitballing here because I think all of this connects together rather well :P

^ Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about when I mean how I love it when people try to come up with different ideas of how different design elements might be related to each other, different ideas of how all of these elements fit together in the final product, what the cover may look like, etc. Great thinking, ColdplayingfromKansas! I really think you have something going yourself! :P

I'm listening to both Lit's right now. I forgot how good they are, omg. The tabla is a nice, subtle touch, and that's sort of what I'm expecting with the single/album as a whole. Viva as a whole did an incredible job of pushing the cultural theme without it being in your face, and I assume they'll do the same with AHFOD.

Probably wrong, but I have a prediction about the album cover/era theme after last night. Jonny had a peacock-like design on his shirt pocket. After a short Google search, I discovered peacocks play a pretty interesting role in Hinduism. Obviously I'm making a wild stretch, but I would love to see something like peacock feathers or some Hindu-like design for the cover.

First paragraph: I completely agree! I love how they experimented with exotic instruments like the tabla in LiT and throughout the whole Viva album itself! :D They did a really great job of getting a cultural theme in there to give it a sort of a slight feeling towards the theme without shoving it right in your face. I'm assuming AHFOD will be doing the same thing... I'm excited to see what they've came up with! :P As for LiT, I really think it's an underrated song. It's actually a really nice song that shows the perfect level of experimentation I like to see with Coldplay.

Second paragraph: Hmm... you might have something going! It all fits together really well with what we've seen so far in regards to possible artwork related to AHFOD so I don't really doubt you. I'm not sure if they'll incorporate it into the actual album cover itself (It very well could happen, and I'd be excited to see it) but I'm pretty sure it'll play a role in some of the artwork and the ideas behind AHFOD... I really like your thinking! :D

I just love the times like these where we get to see leaked pics of the band in their new attire relating to the new album, and we get to see them onstage with it too! :D All of that sparks some conversation, speculation and ideas as to what the new album might be like. I'm just loving the new ideas so far and how everyone's trying to search for certain hints in logos as to search for deeper ideas related to the album and how it may be linked to some past ideas Coldplay's came up with. That's what I love about Coldplay. With Coldplay, whenever they are about to release a new album and there's photos of them in new clothing you can always come up with ideas as to how all these things fit together in the final product. It gets the fans active and gives them something to do while they're waiting for the new album to come out, which I believe is yet another reason so many people have stayed with Coldplay for so long. There's always something you get to do with Coldplay and it's album artwork that keeps you interested. :)

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

So, anyone expecting their new single tomorrow? I mean it would justify them playing it at Global Citizen without looking like a bunch of guys who are just there to promote their own shit instead of the charity.

I don't but it's monday, so you never know.

Okay so I had a thought about the lyrics. We've been putting them as

"Nothing's too broken to find a way

A dream that died by light of day

It's/Is/Has a fool's gold/goal chamber/thunder you

And change you, want to . . ."

What if the line breaks in a different spot:

Is a fool's goal

Chamber you and change you

Want to . . ."

If we break up the lyrics like that, it has a much better flow and makes more sense. Of course, it also depends on which of the iffy lyrics (chamber and thunder, gold and goal, etc.) wind up being the right ones, but for now this way looks like it might work.

What do you guys think?

Is a fool's goal

Want to . . ."

If we break up the lyrics like that, it has a much better flow and makes more sense. Of course, it also depends on which of the iffy lyrics (chamber and thunder, gold and goal, etc.) wind up being the right ones, but for now this way looks like it might work.

What do you guys think?

That does make more sense but i think some of the lyrics are from different songs from the album.

Is a fool's goal

Want to . . ."

What do you guys think?

God, this feels so much like us piecing together the pieces of the ETIAW lyrics back in the day. :')

I really, really like this the most:

Is a fool's goal

Want to . . ."

Hopefully these lyrics make it to the album. Because if these are from the same song, they seem to be some of Chris' best.

God, this feels so much like us piecing together the pieces of the ETIAW lyrics back in the day. :')

Hopefully these lyrics make it to the album. Because if these are from the same song, they seem to be some of Chris' best.

I know! Piecing together the ETiaW is one of my favorite memories from the forum :wacky:

And same here--I was worried we might get more MX or GS-like lyrics on this album, but so far these are really, really good

My prediction for song names

A Head Full Of Dreams

The Beginning of The End

Fools Gold

Nappies

Colours Of The World

Peacock

Little Things

Kings

A Head Full Of Dreams

If It Matters To You Then It Matters To Me

Dusk

End

an EDM version of nappies would probably be the greatest WTF ever in Coldplay history

The lyrics remind me of x&y. They're somewhat mysterious.

Is a fool's goal

Want to . . ."

What do you guys think?

Is a fool's goal

Want to . . ."

I agree with both you two. Those lyrics do make a bit more sense, if the words were changed up a bit then it'd definetely remind me of X&Y, one of the high points where the lyrics were somewhat mysterious and they were quite amazing TBH. Looks like he's going to be making great lyrics again! :D

Trying hard to speak and fighting with my weak hand,driven to distraction so part of the plan

I love those lyrics... part of what makes X&Y (the song) great...

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

Why do you say that?

Since July 10th, the industry has set Friday as the new global muic music day instead of Tuesdays. So if they want to make sure people buy the new song on Friday, they'll have to release the audio on Thursday to create a buzz.

Yeah, I reall love the lyrics on the X&Y album. Hope the new lyrics will resemble those rather than MX.

I hope that doubt and insecurity will at least be part of the themes on AHFOD, probably not a major one, but these first two lines (nothing is too broken to find a way, a dream that died by light of day) give me hope that all will not be idle happiness !

Yeah, I reall love the lyrics on the X&Y album. Hope the new lyrics will resemble those rather than MX.

I hope that doubt and insecurity will at least be part of the themes on AHFOD, probably not a major one, but these first two lines (nothing is too broken to find a way, a dream that died by light of day) give me hope that all will not be idle happiness !

The lyrics don't sound very happy which is a good thing, we some sorrow on the new album, nothing to cheery.

Since July 10th, the industry has set Friday as the new global muic music day instead of Tuesdays. So if they want to make sure people buy the new song on Friday, they'll have to release the audio on Thursday to create a buzz.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. [emoji23]