✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Single Predictions!

Death and All His Friends is one of the best titles ever, with Tomorrow Never Knows and Champagne Supernova. Out of Mylo I only really like Mylo Xyloto, Major Minus, and A Hopeful Transmission. I'm kind of glad I wasn't around for the release of that as I would have thought A Hopeful Transmission was going to be a lot more epic than it was. Viva definitely the best era title-wise.

Anyway...about the lead single...

I HOPE: What I hope for is really a heavy, yet melodic rock song. Like a Violet Hill that pulls less punches, or a Clocks but with an electric guitar riff instead of piano. I hope for a cool title without stars, birds, love, or any of the schmaltzy clichés they seem to view as deep these days, instead I hope for a spiky, interesting title like Lukas or Bloodless Revolution. I hope for lyrics that display an emotion other than either morose depression-lite or soulless optimism. Like anger, jealously or even better - bitterness. Something dark but confident and makes you feel good. Musically, I just hope it feels like I'm listening to a rock band. I want a cool drum beat, a grooving bass, and maybe some guitar from Jonny that's slightly less The Edge. Finally I hope the video shows the band looking cool as f**k and maybe even with a point to prove. No fireworks, lovers, happy endings, birds, stars, or soppy eye contact with the camera. That what I hope the single will be like.

I THINK: On the other hand, I don't think any of this will come true - except I'm sure it'll be very melodic. I think it'll be lightly instrumented, safe but feel good pop. Think Charlie Brown or Lovers in Japan. I think the title will be something like Hope or The Bright Side and the lyrics will be in the same vein as Miracles. I have no doubt the video will feature lots of colour and will probably depict some kind of party or live show interlaced with a happy story about young lovers. Despite how this comes across, I actually think it'll be a pretty good tune. Not Clocks, The Scientist or Politik good, but good. Most of their lead singles are strong regardless of the quality of the album and tend to show a high point of what they're trying to do. Happily, I can't see lp7's being an exception.

I KNOW: The only thing I know is that I'm excited. Allez Coldplay, it's never too late to be what you might have been. (Chorus of the single?)

Bit late to the party but I couldn't resist posting this song after reading your post:[video=youtube;v03BtEzQMxw]

Hopefully AHFOD will feature songs like this!

P.s. that was a great post! :)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit late to the party but I couldn't resist posting this song after reading your post:[video=youtube;v03BtEzQMxw]

Hopefully AHFOD will feature songs like this!

P.s. that was a great post! :)

Yeah, I'm a massive Oasis fan (and Be Here Now is my favourite album), so I use I Hope, I Think, I Know as a thing as a sort of Oasis in-joke :) thanks :)

Since A Head Full Of Dreams is going to be have Mylo Xyloto-kind of atmospheres, I'm pretty sure the first single (which is the one who starts and carries the hype for the album) is going to be something very similar to Charlie Brown or ETIAW. Or at least I hope so, since those are my two favorites track from MX.

Guest diogo_sg
Since A Head Full Of Dreams is going to be have Mylo Xyloto-kind of atmospheres, I'm pretty sure the first single (which is the one who starts and carries the hype for the album) is going to be something very similar to Charlie Brown or ETIAW. Or at least I hope so, since those are my two favorites track from MX.

CB and ETIAW are bombast songs. Chris said the album will be uplifting, danceable, but not bombast. I might be wrong and we'll get some [emoji95] songs, but I'm just saying what Chris said.

I'd love to hear a 2nd take on MX btw

"I live to see the world"

We're certainly going to get harder songs than the ones on GS but not as hard as the ones on mylo. Maybe in between?

CB and ETIAW are bombast songs. Chris said the album will be uplifting, danceable, but not bombast. I might be wrong and we'll get some [emoji95] songs, but I'm just saying what Chris said.

Well, when I think of "danceable" and Coldplay, I listen to MX, A Sky Full Of Stars and something from the VIVA era. But maybe you're right, who knows! I love the speculations made when a new record is on it's way :D

Guest diogo_sg
Well, when I think of "danceable" and Coldplay, I listen to MX, A Sky Full Of Stars and something from the VIVA era. But maybe you're right, who knows! I love the speculations made when a new record is on it's way :D

Ikr? [emoji1]

AHFOD isn't going to be like ASFOS as well. Mila Furstova said that the new album is very different from GS, soooo

Guest diogo_sg
We're certainly going to get harder songs than the ones on GS but not as hard as the ones on mylo. Maybe in between?

Yeah, I believe we'll get a new (uplifting) style that combines some elements from their previous albums and isn't very slow (like GS and Parachutes) but isn't very "fast" (like MX) as well. Something in between [emoji5]

Guest diogo_sg
Miracles is awfully mediocre. Really, I heard that song more and more times... still, I can't remember ANYTHING about it after it's over.

Yes, it is bland

Yes, it sounds like Christian Rock

No, I don't want AHFOD to be like it

Still, I enjoy listening to it

Yeah, I believe we'll get a new (uplifting) style that combines some elements from their previous albums and isn't very slow (like GS and Parachutes) but isn't very "fast" (like MX) as well. Something in between [emoji5]

I can't wait! [emoji7][emoji106]

Yes, it is bland

Yes, it sounds like Christian Rock

No, I don't want AHFOD to be like it

Still, I enjoy listening to it

It's ok, but remember that miracles was made specifically for the movie. It was supposed to be a mainstream song for the oscars. I'm certain that ahfod won't sound like that, especially after one source said every song sounds different.

Guest diogo_sg
I'd love to hear something close to Atlas. This song is atmospheric imo

Same [emoji6]

especially after one source said every song sounds different.

It was the anon that said that, right?