✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Single Predictions!

It'll certainly be a bright album, no doubt it will have that awful "pop" vibe coming off it and everything that goes with that- Synths, Over-Production, electronic drum kit, lush melodies and cheesy lyrics. I've come to except this now really, My only concern would be that since they never do the same thing twice, and Mylo was considered a step into the pop arena, they might delve even deeper into pure pop music, At least MX had a fair rendition of Jonny's guitar and Will's Drums. I hope we don't lose them altogether. They might decide to put everything into this pop image they've garnered over the last few years

As far as titles go, I wouldn't hold your breath. A Head Full of Dreams is pretty generic if we're being honest, we already have had a title like that and let me tell you it isn't my favourite Coldplay song... I'd love to see a return of Viva-esque titles but even the title of the album tells us this won't happen.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare tracklist:

1. A Head Full of Dreams

2. Never Give Up

3. Thinking Outside the Box

4. The Bright Side

5. Starlight

6. Love Story

7. Hope & Colour

8. New Beginnings

9. Nothing Like it Seems

10. Happily Ever After

Guest diogo_sg
It'll certainly be a bright album, no doubt it will have that awful "pop" vibe coming off it and everything that goes with that- Synths, Over-Production, electronic drum kit, lush melodies and cheesy lyrics. I've come to except this now really, My only concern would be that since they never do the same thing twice, and Mylo was considered a step into the pop arena, they might delve even deeper into pure pop music, At least MX had a fair rendition of Jonny's guitar and Will's Drums. I hope we don't lose them altogether. They might decide to put everything into this pop image they've garnered over the last few years

As far as titles go, I wouldn't hold your breath. A Head Full of Dreams is pretty generic if we're being honest, we already have had a title like that and let me tell you it isn't my favourite Coldplay song... I'd love to see a return of Viva-esque titles but even the title of the album tells us this won't happen.

Even if the album title isn't the best, they always have great song titles.

X&Y isn't a particularly incredible title. Still, we have songs titles like Twisted Logic and Swallowed In The Sea.

Mylo Xyloto is a fun but not fantastic title. But then we have song titles like Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, Princess Of China, A Hopeful Transmission, Don't Let It Break Your Heart.

Ghost Stories is the basically same thing, with A Sky Full Of Stars (which is a nice song title imo).

"I live to see the world"

Even if the album title isn't the best, they always have great song titles.

X&Y isn't a particularly incredible. Still, we have songs titles like Twisted Logic and Swallowed In The Sea.

Mylo Xyloto is a fun but not fantastic title. But then we have song titles like Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall, Princess Of China, A Hopeful Transmission, Don't Let It Break Your Heart.

Ghost Stories is the basically same thing, with A Sky Full Of Stars (which is a nice song title imo).

Well, that's where our opinion differs, because I do happen to think X&Y is an incredible album and song titles only make up a tiny sector of why it is incredible.

A Sky Full Of Stars is a very banal title, but of course this is just my opinion.

Guest diogo_sg
Well, that's where our opinion differs, because I do happen to think X&Y is an incredible album and song titles only make up a tiny sector of why it is incredible.

A Sky Full Of Stars is a very banal title, but of course this is just my opinion.

Sorry, I meant X&Y isn't a particularly incredible 'title'. It is an incredible album, we all agree on that.

As for ASFOS, while it is a banal title, it's nice as well (in its own way), imo.

Guest diogo_sg
Also as far as collabs go, I would like one between Coldplay & Thom Yorke even though that's probably not gonna happen:sad: Not another one with Rihanna, but with one of the band's inspirations. Maybe Matt from Muse as a second option?:D

I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't want any more collabs. Coldplay are perfect just the way they are. They don't need any other artist next to them. And I don't want Chris singing on stage along with a recorded voice of someone else again, for God's sake.

I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't want any more collabs. Coldplay are perfect just the way they are. They don't need any other artist next to them. And I don't want Chris singing on stage along with a recorded voice of someone else, for God's sake.

I see your point. I HATE the recorded voice thing.

As for Coldplay, they are themselves so you are right. I should have looked into it further...:\

Nightmare tracklist:

1. A Head Full of Dreams

2. Never Give Up

4. The Bright Side

5. Starlight

6. Love Story

7. Hope & Colour

8. New Beginnings

9. Nothing Like it Seems

10. Happily Ever After

:lol:

With special bonus tracks including:

Keep Looking Forward

Each Day is a Gift

Your Love is a Song

Nightmare tracklist:

1. A Head Full of Dreams

2. Never Give Up

4. The Bright Side

5. Starlight

6. Love Story

7. Hope & Colour

8. New Beginnings

9. Nothing Like it Seems

10. Happily Ever After

My nightmare tracklisting:

1. A Head Full Of Dreams

2. Heartbeat

3. Be You

4. My Friend Left Me

5. Flocks Of Birds

6. Nutshell Opens

7. The Tale Of The Long Lost Ballad

8. Your Style

9. A Truth About You

10. Lies From Your Heart

11. Leaving Neverland

Imagine if every track was titled "A 'Something' full of 'Something'": :laugh3::laugh3::P

An Ocean Full Of Water

A Heart full of Heartbreak

A field full of Flowers

better be another parody skit!

Maybe all the song titles will be based off previous ones :P For example:

A Sky Full of Stars: A Head Full of Dreams

Speed of Sound: Speed of Light

Parachutes: Lifeboats

A Message: Message in a Bottle

Swallowed in the Sea: Enveloped in the Sky

Life in Technicolor: Death in Black and White

. . . okay I actually like Death in Black and White, so I kinda hope this happens now

Maybe all the song titles will be based off previous ones :P For example:

A Sky Full of Stars: A Head Full of Dreams

Speed of Sound: Speed of Light

Parachutes: Lifeboats

A Message: Message in a Bottle

Swallowed in the Sea: Enveloped in the Sky

Life in Technicolor: Death in Black and White

. . . okay I actually like Death in Black and White, so I kinda hope this happens now

Part 2 to what you just said:

Talk- Ignore You

Fix You- Break Him

True Love- Fake Hate

Yellow- White

Things That I Don't Understand- Stuff That I Do Don't Understand (what the hell is that title I just came up with?)

White Shadows- Black Reflections

Wait the last one could work out...take notes coldplay...:wink3:

A Coldplay collaboration with Thom Yorke is quite a humorous notion.

The only collaboration I'd like to see (and one which is in the realm of possibility) would be with Noel Gallagher. Apart from that, no collaborations please.

After working out in my mind that it wouldn't be right, I agree. Noel and Chris are good friends so maybe that one would work. But apart from that my friend you are correct.:)

Nightmare tracklist:

1. A Head Full of Dreams

2. Never Give Up

4. The Bright Side

5. Starlight

6. Love Story

7. Hope & Colour

8. New Beginnings

9. Nothing Like it Seems

10. Happily Ever After

You forgot that at least one of THOSE titles will probably feature the likes of Rihanna/Nicki Minaj/Taylor Swift/One Direction/Justin Bieber... ;)

This is not what I'd love them to focus on the most, but they could make music videos for each song on AHFOD and link them together! And every video could be different like they said every song is different. But it's not what I want their main focus to be, cause their main focus should be the music. But they already focus more on music anyway cause they're Coldplay:D:P:)

Are our minds related or something ?? Because you always write that I agree with to nearly a 100 %, that could've written !! :)

This is not what I'd love them to focus on the most, but they could make music videos for each song on AHFOD and link them together! And every video could be different like they said every song is different. But it's not what I want their main focus to be, cause their main focus should be the music. But they already focus more on music anyway cause they're Coldplay:D:P:)

This reminds me... if I recall correctly, in 2010 Coldplay considered making an animated Mylo Xyloto film. They scrapped the idea (budget reasons?) and it probably became the MX comics instead.