✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Single Predictions!

I think a collaboration with Noely G is pretty unlikely - the music styles are too different these days for it to gel properly. I'd love to see that though, loving both of them.

I'd just die if Thom was on the album, but I doubt it. Who knows though, considering Coldplays new electronic(ish) direction, he might be a natural step. I could see Coldplay adding layers to his minimalist stuff, like Hearing Damage or Guess Again!

And in the realm of fantasy - the lead single is called "Introspekt - Coldplay feat. Thom Yorke/Noel Gallagher" It would be a piano melody like Postcards From Far Away worked into a ominous beat and synth line with verses sung by Chris and Thom before it explodes into a massive chorus sung by Chris and with Noel on backing vocals, followed by a f**k off guitar solo and a psychedelic outro. *sigh*

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a collaboration with Noely G is pretty unlikely - the music styles are too different these days for it to gel properly. I'd love to see that though, loving both of them.

I'd just die if Thom was on the album, but I doubt it. Who knows though, considering Coldplays new electronic(ish) direction, he might be a natural step. I could see Coldplay adding layers to his minimalist stuff, like Hearing Damage or Guess Again!

And in the realm of fantasy - the lead single is called "Introspekt - Coldplay feat. Thom Yorke/Noel Gallagher" It would be a piano melody like Postcards From Far Away worked into a ominous beat and synth line with verses sung by Chris and Thom before it explodes into a massive chorus sung by Chris and with Noel on backing vocals, followed by a f**k off guitar solo and a psychedelic outro. *sigh*

'Introspekt' sounds like a great title and idea, even though it may not happen on AHFOD. BUT IF THEY CONFIRM ANY NEWS ABOUT IT THEN I SHALL JUMP INTO SPACE AND BACK AGAIN:D

Um.

I want this

That could be, and I'm not exaggerating here, the best song in history.

I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't want any more collabs. Coldplay are perfect just the way they are. They don't need any other artist next to them. And I don't want Chris singing on stage along with a recorded voice of someone else again, for God's sake.

"I live to see the world"

Just a quick update: I have to agree with you on this and I don't know what I was thinking when I said I wanted collabs, apart from stuff that we've disscussed later on in this thread:DI'm sorry I even mentioned collabs for the new album cause I've realised Coldplay should be Coldplay and anyhow it just wouldn't work:)

• 3 weeks later...

Now we know that the Holi-themed music video is not the only Indian connection with AHFOD because of stuff like the Hindi writing on the drums. An Indian style vibe is not out of the question. :) My guess now is that there will be a subtle Indian touch to some songs, similar to the Latin music influence on a few Viva tracks (Cemeteries of London, for example).

^ Definetely! It'd remind me of Viva in that way, because of the experimentation. Not saying it'd be exactly like Viva's experimentatiion but it'd still remind me of it in that sense, you know?

Yes, i understand. I hope they use sitars and didgeridoos! That would be awesome!

No, it was actually a yangqin and a tabla.

I'm listening to both Lit's right now. I forgot how good they are, omg. The tabla is a nice, subtle touch, and that's sort of what I'm expecting with the single/album as a whole. Viva as a whole did an incredible job of pushing the cultural theme without it being in your face, and I assume they'll do the same with AHFOD.

I'm probably wrong, but I have a prediction regarding either the album cover/era theme. Jonny was wearing a peacock-like design on his shirt pocket which you can see in most of the group pictures. I thought it looked pretty neat, so I decided to do a short Google search for peacocks and Hinduism -- and sure enough, they play quite an interesting role. Lots of interpretations and meanings, none of which could even have any meaning for this album, but it is a bit coincidental with all the Indian/Hindu themes we've had so far!

I'm listening to both Lit's right now. I forgot how good they are, omg. The tabla is a nice, subtle touch, and that's sort of what I'm expecting with the single/album as a whole. Viva as a whole did an incredible job of pushing the cultural theme without it being in your face, and I assume they'll do the same with AHFOD.

Probably wrong, but I have a prediction about the album cover/era theme after last night. Jonny had a peacock-like design on his shirt pocket. After a short Google search, I discovered peacocks play a pretty interesting role in Hinduism. Obviously I'm making a wild stretch, but I would love to see something like peacock feathers or some Hindu-like design for the cover.

Viva was brilliant! Their best work in my opinion, so many different sounds and instruments! The cover will be colorful i'm sure.

Probably wrong, but I have a prediction about the album cover/era theme after last night. Jonny had a peacock-like design on his shirt pocket. After a short Google search, I discovered peacocks play a pretty interesting role in Hinduism. Obviously I'm making a wild stretch, but I would love to see something like peacock feathers or some Hindu-like design for the cover.

You might be onto something. I just did a quick Google search as well and one Hindu interpretation of the peacock is "the importance of showing one's true colors." We can tell that the color wheel design has some significance in relation to the album. Another interpretation is "the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth." AHFOD isn't the end of Coldplay but something else will begin afterward. They seem to be hinting at a new era for the band from LP8 onward.

You might be onto something. I just did a quick Google search as well and one Hindu interpretation of the peacock is "the importance of showing one's true colors." We can tell that the color wheel design has some significance in relation to the album. Another interpretation is "the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth." AHFOD isn't the end of Coldplay but something else will begin afterward. They seem to be hinting at a new era for the band from LP8 onward.

Woah. This honestly may be more nothing than hindsight bias, but I do find it incredibly interesting that both of those interpretations are what they've been pimping since Chris gave us the title last year. Thanks for sharing!

Whoa, I think you and getitthom have got something good going here. The peacock meshes really well with all the colorfulness we've seen so far.

So the cover could be something like a peacock with its tail feathers fanned out, and the color wheel incorporated into the tail? Or the entire background of the cover could be the color wheel and the peacock is represented in the negative space? Or, to incorporate the third element of design that we've seen (the triangles), the whole cover could have a very geometric look, with the peacock composed of dozens of little colored triangles.

I'm just spitballing here because I think all of this connects together rather well :P

^ A lot of those look like titles Radiohead would use. Especially Switch-Touch Gates, Certification Spectrum, Weakling, System Failure But Won't Give Up, SPAC8, and 4.is the 2. of 1. They have this mysterious vibe...

Oh yeah. Take notes Thom...;)

I think of it like this

Coldplay titles

Noon Of Day

La Mana

Zaxus

Kabini River

Written In Hindi

Blood-Red Bloom

Frigid Skyline

A Dragon Lay On My Fields

Radiohead titles