✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Dear fellows, I wanted to create an own thread for all those who love the earlier Coldplay stuff more than their newer stuff. A thread in which we can appreciate the pureness and beauty of their early releases, discuss them, discuss the band and how they used to be, post early live or studio stuff for each other to hear or watch and just indulge in that unique early Coldplay atmosphere which many of us miss so much. In short, this place is for getting a little bit nostalgic !

I'd roughly say the timeframe discussed here is 1998 till 2008, so it includes VLVODAAHF which is not really Oldplay to me, but I know for many of us Oldplayers it was the last record we really loved, so I thought let's include it.

Here's to Safety, Bigger Stronger, The Blue Room, Parachutes, A Rush Of Blood To The Head, X&Y and Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends! Also, here's to the much-beloved brilliant B-sides of those Eras ! :parachutes: :arobtth: :x&y: :viva:

To kick it off, here is the alternative version of Brothers and Sisters from the Trouble record, enjoy !

[video=youtube;tQw2EmFnXqc]

I like this topic! If I think of the brilliance of Coldplay, I think of their music up to Christmas Lights. 4 albums deep and no bad song.. Can't exactly say that about their last 2. I actually see Viva as Oldplay now as well. A big change with their sound, for sure but it was good change.

I'm surprised to find out about the alternative version from Brothers & S. It's gorgeous! Does anyone have the cd version? It's from the Trouble single I understand? Thanks!

Wait, a Coldplay X&Y concert has been on 3Sat Thementag once ?! I wish they'd repeat that !!!

I like this topic! If I think of the brilliance of Coldplay, I think of their music up to Christmas Lights. 4 albums deep and no bad song.. Can't exactly say that about their last 2. I actually see Viva as Oldplay now as well. A big change with their sound, for sure but it was good change.

I'm surprised to find out about the alternative version from Brothers & S. It's gorgeous! Does anyone have the cd version? It's from the Trouble single I understand? Thanks!

What do you mean by CD version ? I don't have the Trouble single as a CD, if that's what you mean. I mostly listen to the one on the Brothers and Sisters EP, the "standard" one...

Wait, a Coldplay X&Y concert has been on 3Sat Thementag once ?! I wish they'd repeat that !!!

What do you mean by CD version ? I don't have the Trouble single as a CD, if that's what you mean. I mostly listen to the one on the Brothers and Sisters EP, the "standard" one...

The trouble cd single version. I understood this alternative version is the bside on 1 of the cd single releases.

This thread makes me happy. I shall bring my popcorn and share it with everyone :wacky:

I haven't read through everything you guys posted, but have someone already mentioned the official instrumental version of "we never change"? Because I already love the song itself, but that weird instrumental is something else :drunk:

• Like 1

This thread makes me happy. I shall bring my popcorn and share it with everyone :wacky:

I haven't read through everything you guys posted, but have someone already mentioned the official instrumental version of "we never change"? Because I already love the song itself, but that weird instrumental is something else :drunk:

[video=youtube;2MzWMxbo_Wc]

A. TRUE. PEARL.

I really miss those liquid ambiences at the beginning of their career, they were something special, even during live performances.

Think of the intro of this video for example...

[video=youtube;BWw3bWRoD-8]

Ohhhhh goood, this is one of my all time favourite sounds, tHIS FRIGGN INTRO HOLY FRICK

It sounds so sad and beautiful, and in combination with Chris's vocals it's just...

I wish Chris would use his voice more like this, like an actual instrument (like the singer from Sigur Rós, he just hums along and totally he totally blends into the instrumental part).

For example, in the song "Clocks" when Chris is singing "You are" in the refrain, I think it's absolutely perfect how he draws these words out to make them sounds like an instrument.

Oh and, this perfomance, from 6:00 onwards:

[video=youtube;NwWurWdDEGY]

who else wants to breathe Jonny's riff for the rest of their lives? :dead:

@The Adversary: Sorry, I completely oversaw your post. Thanks, I'm fine. And I fully agree with you, i love that insecurity, shyness and Chris's nerdiness in their early days ! :)

Uhhh, Batman, I never knew you are an Oldplayer ?? Well, welcome to the thread :)

I really miss those liquid ambiences at the beginning of their career, they were something special, even during live performances.

Think of the intro of this video for example...

[video=youtube;BWw3bWRoD-8]

Yeah, I like those atmospheres they created in earlier eras !

What I love even more than tahat is the intro to this rendition ! Coldplay's Pink floyd Moment :)

Ohhhhh goood, this is one of my all time favourite sounds, tHIS FRIGGN INTRO HOLY FRICK

It sounds so sad and beautiful, and in combination with Chris's vocals it's just...

I wish Chris would use his voice more like this, like an actual instrument (like the singer from Sigur Rós, he just hums along and totally he totally blends into the instrumental part).

For example, in the song "Clocks" when Chris is singing "You are" in the refrain, I think it's absolutely perfect how he draws these words out to make them sounds like an instrument.

why the hell did I never see this performance??? It's awesome :o

That's what I like most of Jonny, like at the end of X&Y live at Austin City Limits in 2006 (I put the video some post ago)

@RedBalloon: Sorry, but I have to say that: why do you post that esoteric stuff and those links of yours under a number of threads with no logical connection to it ? You simply grab a keyword connected to the thread and then go on with your spiritual text. In this case under the pretext of mentioning Yellow. I have been noticing it in other threads too and if you want to hear my honest opinion, your advertisements (for this is what your posts are) are completely out of place...

Hello, sorry that if my post seems out of place for you, but I don't have any intention to distract anyone from the original theme of a thread. I am trying to understand you (and you might not resonate with my input, therefore, regard it as "advertisement" ?), if this could help: I wrote/shared exactly my psychological/emotional reflections upon co. old songs, although it might not include lyrics or song titles explicitly, and I feel the theme of them, never change much - by my understanding, it is about flying - calling from your soul (in We Never Change or O or others).... It is both the question and driven force for them, also for most of the people happening to grow/mature along with their music.

Ami, Child of the Stars, share similar theme, that's why I put it here; and I believe, some will love it. Music is to connect people, and music's effects always go beyond melodies/words per se, connecting/healing hearts/souls~ in this sense, Yellow (great songs have lives, and are living beings; when I listen to it at a different age/life phase, it could be an image of a soul rather than a mere scene or an outlook/impression, inspirations in change...) and Ami are similarly great, for me.

I hope that could help the understanding (English is not my mother tone), but if not, at least, I share my personal thoughts upon your questions.